(pray) free smiley become non-free

WaizaDotCom

• Wiki Translators

Hi all,

After several trying. I found that 1 of the free smilies (pray) listed in https://xat.wiki/Free_smilies/en http://prntscr.com/ynhvgh is not free to play anymore. 

Only those who has (angel) power will be able to use it. And I found that now it becomes one of Angel smilies http://prntscr.com/ynhoid

Please release that smiley free as it is the way Thai and some Asian countries use to say "Hello" with respectful manner instead of hand-shaking.

• Award 3
  • Done! 1

• Volunteers

There’s actually multiple smilies that used to be free but now belong to powers (ie. emo —> hairm, dhat —> costumes). Unfortunately, you have to buy the power in order to use them.

With that said, I agree that it would be nice for these smilies to be free again, it seems like another money grab. Why were they free in the past and being used for so long? It does cause some disappointment among users, though I do believe these smilies were originally meant to be part of these powers.

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that it has always been part of power angel, smiley (pray)

I'm probably wrong, I'm sorry.

Yes it has to be free, if it was free until now, something that was free, does not make sense to be now added to the power to be forced to buy if you want to use this smiley.
I agree with this idea 100%

Do you remember this smiley?

Spoiler

I use this suggestion a bit to suggest that old smiley that we all love to use between friends to make jokes (flipdown)
Also we used it to make another cute smiley like: (redface#flipdown) Now will be like: (redface#flipdown#wc) The old smiley face.
I remind you that this smiley had a red face without using other smileys as an effect, I just showed examples of how it should be or how you can use it.
:$

• Wiki Translators
22 hours ago, Page said:

I though you posted in the wrong place, should be in suggestions... and I agree with you. 

Thanks for moving into suggestions.

20 hours ago, Bau said:

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that it has always been part of power angel, smiley (pray)

Yes it has to be free, if it was free until now, something that was free, does not make sense to be now added to the power to be forced to buy if you want to use this smiley.
I agree with this idea 100%

Do you remember this smiley?

Reveal hidden contents

I use this suggestion a bit to suggest that old smiley that we all love to use between friends to make jokes (flipdown)
Also we used it to make another cute smiley like: (redface#flipdown) Now will be like: (redface#flipdown#wc) The old smiley face.
I remind you that this smiley had a red face without using other smileys as an effect, I just showed examples of how it should be or how you can use it.
:$

I am not sure that it always been part of Angel power or not but for me and all Thai people in chat will use (pray) in greeting each other. It was free until now.

Thanks.

• Sad 1

• Wiki Translators
21 hours ago, Lemona said:

There’s actually multiple smilies that used to be free but now belong to powers (ie. emo —> hairm, dhat —> costumes). Unfortunately, you have to buy the power in order to use them.

With that said, I agree that it would be nice for these smilies to be free again, it seems like another money grab. Why were they free in the past and being used for so long? It does cause some disappointment among users, though I do believe these smilies were originally meant to be part of these powers.

Too bad if we have to buy that power to do greeting. And it is an expensive power too.

Thanks

• Contributors
20 hours ago, Bau said:

You are not wrong. (pray) Has always been part of angel, which meant that you could combine smilies with pray only if you had the power. However, you could use pray freely as a smiley. 

I would like to see those smilies back to being free ((nrd) pls), but there might be a reason why they decided to include them for specific powers. 

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • Wiki Translators
On 4/8/2021 at 12:20 AM, LaFleur said:

Hello @WaizaDotCom.

In case you missed the news with xat chat v1.54, you can now use this smiley for free but with a new name. The new name is (folded).

That's great news. We can do our Thai Traditional way to greet people again.

Thanks.