special pawn

zuzu

• Advanced Members

hi this day i want suggest to have speical pawn at xat or forum.

for ex if im a  doctor or lawyer or any job i can have pawn special for that.

thats will make xat more soccial. so users can use it for theire real life.

like if they have  law problem or studying  problem or medical problem.

we can get this pawn or rank with power or as option too. in forum and xat chats too

Edited by theFlower
  • No 1

• Advanced Members
On 1/30/2021 at 11:24 PM, theFlower said:

hi this day i want suggest to have speical pawn at xat or forum.

for ex if im a  doctor or lawyer or any job i can have pawn special for that.

thats will make xat more soccial. so users can use it for theire real life.

like if they have  law problem or studying  problem or medical problem.

we can get this pawn or rank with power or as option too. in forum and xat chats too

Sounds good idea @theFlower 

• Like 1

• Advanced Members

Sorry but I doubt this is ever going to happen lol. Why? Because xat would have to make a pawn for every job out there, which is kinda impossible.

Don't even try to say they could make it for a few jobs only cause that would only make some jobs seem better than others and it wouldn't be a nice thing.

If you want others to know what your job is, you're free to include it in your xatspace (which is basically your profile) or status.

• Award 4
  • Cool 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members
On 2/1/2021 at 6:15 PM, Ethan said:

Sorry but I doubt this is ever going to happen lol. Why? Because xat would have to make a pawn for every job out there, which is kinda impossible.

Don't even try to say they could make it for a few jobs only cause that would only make some jobs seem better than others and it wouldn't be a nice thing.

If you want others to know what your job is, you're free to include it in your xatspace (which is basically your profile) or status.

Just to add to Ethan's point. Doesn't make any sense at all and creates a divide, if people got pawns for having high standing jobs such as Lawyer, Doctor etc it makes people with jobs that aren't seen as "professional" feel inferior. Such inferiority is unnecessary. Also this would add unnecessary burden to xat, they'd have to check people's jobs and make sure they're legit or else you'd have people acting like they're professionals and giving false/fake advice which could be dangerous, especially for Doctors. Just doesn't make sense nor would there ever be a need for such a thing. It would be more efficient to seek out a professional IRL anyway.

One additional thing.

Professional negligence is a very serious matter. If this hypothetically was implemented and somewhere down the line a professional messes up, xat will be held accountable. This opens up a door for accountability and would generate legal issues. xat.com wouldn't want to shoulder that burden and responsibility nor would the professional with a status want to be burdened with accountability.

Edited by Enter
  • Award 2
  • Cool 1
  • Like 5

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Ethan said:

that what im talking about. to allow people show what job they have. it can be beside nickname of forum?!

42 minutes ago, Enter said:

Just to add to Ethan's point. Doesn't make any sense at all and creates a divide, if people got pawns for having high standing jobs such as Lawyer, Doctor etc it makes people with jobs that aren't seen as "professional" feel inferior. Such inferiority is unnecessary. Also this would add unnecessary burden to xat, they'd have to check people's jobs and make sure they're legit or else you'd have people acting like they're professionals and giving false/fake advice which could be dangerous, especially for Doctors. Just doesn't make sense nor would there ever be a need for such a thing. It would be more efficient to seek out a professional IRL anyway.

to show what job u have is not bad. if wont be as rank or pawn it can be ni nickname of forum .why not

• Advanced Members

Well, some people aren't very comfortable sharing about their occupation, they want to keep it personal. Just like Enter has mentioned, we do not want them to feel inferior/embarrassed by their job. We do not want them to get laughed or attacked by the community. If you really want others to know what your occupation is, we already have Work/Medical power, you can include that in your name or you can write that in your xatspace or status.

Edited by iSavage
  • Award 2
  • Like 4

• Advanced Members
18 minutes ago, iSavage said:

Well, some people aren't very comfortable sharing about their occupation, they want to keep it personal. Just like Enter has mentioned, we do not want them to feel inferior/embarrassed by their job. We do not want them to get laughed or attacked by the community. If you really want others to know what your occupation is, we already have Work/Medical power, you can include that in your name or you can write that in your xatspace or status also.

no one oblige them they can  just not use this rank or this option its as they want

• Volunteers

also can only see this being abused because whoever would like to pretend he's lawyer or a doctor would be able to do so.

Next step is fake doctors asking you for your social information because they want to "help you".

The sad part is that whoever is looking for/trusting a doctor or lawyer within xat is probably lost enough to get scammed tons of money this way.

I am also not sure what this achieves exactly, besides (pretending) showing off with your job.

• Award 3
  • Cool 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Sydno said:

also can only see this being abused because whoever would like to pretend he's lawyer or a doctor would be able to do so.

Next step is fake doctors asking you for your social information because they want to "help you".

The sad part is that whoever is looking for/trusting a doctor or lawyer within xat is probably lost enough to get scammed tons of money this way.

I am also not sure what this achieves exactly, besides (pretending) showing off with your job.

I agree with Sydno. Imagine spreading dangerous misinformation to vulnerable people while pretending to be a qualified medical professional.. this can be very bad and risky.

• Award 2
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Sydno said:

about trust. even  about vols staff some people say im vol and he or she not .some people dont know official one. but with time people can  know who is official and who is fake.so it can be if you  are famous so people will trust you.this option its not obliged. can some people get this option to show job as they want . or make it off as they want too.....

and its not about money.this is  xat   no one can ask for free things or money. its just free option to show job. if someone need ask soemthing about any job he go to this person. @iSavage @Sydno

Edited by theFlower

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, theFlower said:

about trust. even  about vols staff some people say im vol and he or she not .some people dont know official one.

What's different between the two is that there's an official list of volunteers, so people can know who's official or not. If they don't check it, it's their own problem. 

but with time people can  know who is official and who is fake.

Yeah sure, who cares if in the meantime someone gets scammed and maybe even risk their own life? 

I mean, people get scammed from fake volunteers/staff despite there being an official list and a ticket system, what makes you think they wouldn't get scammed from fake lawyers/doctors/whatever when there's not even a list to check?

And no, there will never be an official list for those. Don't forget xat is a business and it wouldn't gain anything from this, if anything they would just waste their time and have more work to do. xat already has a lot of problems, don't give them even more work.

so it can be if you  are famous so people will trust you.

Just because someone is "famous" on a website, it doesn't mean they're trustworthy. If you truly believe that, you shouldn't even be on the internet.

and its not about money.this is  xat   no one can ask for free things or money. 

Scammers are a thing, girl. Also, why would anyone even work for free just to help someone they met in an online chatroom and that they don't even know? Sure, maybe there's someone like that but don't forget about the wicked society we live in. 

Edited by Ethan
  • Award 3
  • Cool 1
  • Like 3

• Advanced Members
59 minutes ago, Ethan said:

What's different between the two is that there's an official list of volunteers, so people can know who's official or not. If they don't check it, it's their own problem. 

Yeah sure, who cares if in the meantime someone gets scammed and maybe even risk their own life? 

I mean, people get scammed from fake volunteers/staff despite there being an official list and a ticket system, what makes you think they wouldn't get scammed from fake lawyers/doctors/whatever when there's not even a list to check?

And no, there will never be an official list for those. Don't forget xat is a business and it wouldn't gain anything from this, if anything they would just waste their time and have more work to do. xat already has a lot of problems, don't give them even more work.

Just because someone is "famous" on a website, it doesn't mean they're trustworthy. If you truly believe that, you shouldn't even be on the internet.

Scammers are a thing, girl. Also, why would anyone even work for free just to help someone they met in an online chatroom and that they don't even know? Sure, maybe there's someone like that but don't forget about the wicked society we live in. 

why vols work free to help??????? hi man seriously you ask that lol?? same  idea for doctors and others they can work free too.to safe people. 2 xat have system for to repport scammers.3 this option show job is not obliged and u not obliged to ask them for help too.so thats can protext u from scamm.

• Advanced Members

why vols work free to help??????? hi man seriously you ask that lol?? same  idea for doctors and others they can work free too.to safe people.

What I meant is that I highly doubt that a doctor or a lawyer who wants to volunteer would do it on a website where there wouldn't even be many people to help when they have better ways to do so. 

Also, xat volunteers do what they do either to have a special rank (not calling out anyone here, just saying it's possible (a)) or because they want to contribute to the website, so it's not the same thing.

51 minutes ago, theFlower said:

2 xat have system for to repport scammers

Other than maybe torch their accounts (if they have enough proof), xat can't do much about it, so it's a bit useless.

And again, it's not only about scammers but also people who may spread misinformation maliciously or ask for private info.

57 minutes ago, theFlower said:

3 this option show job is not obliged

Who cares if it's optional or not. That doesn't change the fact that there could still be potential scammers/malicious people.

u not obliged to ask them for help too.so thats can protext u from scamm.

That would protect me but not those who choose to ask them for help. There are many vulnerable people on xat, think about them too and not only about yourself.

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Ethan said:

What I meant is that I highly doubt that a doctor or a lawyer who wants to volunteer would do it on a website where there wouldn't even be many people to help when they have better ways to do so. 

Also, xat volunteers do what they do either to have a special rank (not calling out anyone here, just saying it's possible (a)) or because they want to contribute to the website, so it's not the same thing.

Other than maybe torch their accounts (if they have enough proof), xat can't do much about it, so it's a bit useless.

And again, it's not only about scammers but also people who may spread misinformation maliciously or ask for private info.

Who cares if it's optional or not. That doesn't change the fact that there could still be potential scammers/malicious people.

That would protect me but not those who choose to ask them for help. There are many vulnerable people on xat, think about them too and not only about yourself.

thanks for explain .im happy to see you commenting at my suggestion. (goo)

• 2 weeks later...