Ban xat chat grups

Sami

Question

• Members

why ban, kick, etc. are given on chats for no reason..is it their property that they can ban for no reason? First there is a warning then kick and finally ban. I respect the code of conduct on xat.com, on 2 two chats I got ban no reason, i would love to know the reason, thanks

2 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

Well, the kicks are intended to serve as a warning to users to discourage them from breaking the rules and the bans are intended to punish users for their wrongdoing and should be treated as such. It is recommended that you only ban users who really deserve it, so that other users do not see it as abusive.

Banning with a reason is only a recommendation, it is not required. There is no code of conduct guide that xat imposes as an obligation. Group owners are free to manage and moderate as they want, but without abuse.

What if you consider it inappropriate or an unfair banned? You can report the chat as inappropriate if you think they are abusing banned / kicks or if they are breaking the xat terms and services. In the Flash version (not yet in HTML5) upon being banned you have the possibility to report UnFair Banned and a message will be sent to the chat manager.

This topic should be of general discussion, unless you are suggesting to make a mandatory moderation code for all chats in which it is first notified, next kick and then banned (like official chats).

However, if you're talking about an official chat, please report it to the main owner immediately. And if the main owner is the one being unfair, please use the ticket system to report what's going on.

Thanks to you!