Infraction power

Techy

• Advanced Members

i dont know if ive posted this on the old forums or not but here it goes,

infraction power is a collection of "penalty powers" (ex: yellow/red card)

i based the functions on this wiki page Penalty_card

Here is the function of the powers:

• greencard = 1 min no talking, user gets 3 warning = ban
  • whitecard = 5 mins no talking
  • bluecard = 10 mins no talking
  • blackcard = 24hours no talking (not banned just cant talk in main)(this could be changed due to it being similar to mute)

Visual of the powers:

IMWNP6L.gif

• Volunteers

I don't really think these are really that necessary. We already have a bunch of powers that limits users or makes it harder for users to talk (reverseban, mute, naughtystep, redcard, jumblejinx etc). If you really just don't want someone to talk for 10 minutes, you can simply just mute them for 10 minutes. 

• Volunteers
36 minutes ago, Techy said:

(this could be changed due to it being similar to mute)

Isn't it more similar to gag? Otherwise, even if we don't really need it, I feel it's a good idea. That's easier to use than rapid, you can add a reason, that's a rapid gag with a reason.

I only think there isn't enough difference between the green card and the blue one. I would have set them to 3mins and 15mins.

I guess 24h for the blackcard is a bit longer, when you want someone not to talk for 24 hours, you just ban him usually.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Well giving someone 3 warnings before a 24 hour "ban" is too much imo. If they don't comply after the first time it's unlikely they'll stop or they will keep going until they know they're on their last warning.

We already have yellowcard and redcard, you can yellowcard as a warning and redcard for a while and if they talk they get banned,

• Award 1

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Stah said:

Well giving someone 3 warnings before a 24 hour "ban" is too much imo. If they don't comply after the first time it's unlikely they'll stop or they will keep going until they know they're on their last warning.

From my past experiences, you actually do when you handle a lobby or any website on which you want to keep as much users as possible. And curiously, sometimes users do stop after the last warning. 

That's not a binary thing, some users are just trolling while others are just having a weird opinion. I would have been glad to use this ability some years ago when I had to manage an important french chat.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

These are the kinds of powers you only need if you are bad at community building and moderating.

Verbally warning someone while keeping your cool, kicking, and eventually banning if they don't straighten out is all you need. But I very infrequently have to go beyond the second or even first step.

Source: I have a cumulative 2 years letting Graphics die.

• Award 2

• Volunteers
23 minutes ago, Rant said:

These are the kinds of powers you only need if you are bad at community building and moderating.

How would you moderate a 13 years old kid that isn't listening to you? For now, after the written warning (and the kicks), only banning them was a solution.

With this power, you can gag him easily for 3 minutes without getting him mad. That's not a question of being good or bad at moderating.

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Sydno said:

With this power, you can gag him easily for 3 minutes without getting him mad. That's not a question of being good or bad at moderating.

Then after 3 mins he comes out, starts again So you give him 5 mins, again, 10 mins, again. NOW it's time for an actual ban?

I'd like to highlight in my post I didn't mean that you should just ban straight away but giving someone 3 warnings or more of a couple minutes then going to a 24 hour ban from typing is main is bad. As Jake said, if you verbally warn then kick and they don't stop you don't need to give them 70 different type of cards and warnings as it's clear they have no intention to stop.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
1 minute ago, Stah said:

Then after 3 mins he comes out, starts again So you give him 5 mins, again, 10 mins, again. NOW it's time for an actual ban?

I'd like to highlight in my post I didn't mean that you should just ban straight away but giving someone 3 warnings or more of a couple minutes then going to a 24 hour ban from typing is main is bad. As Jake said, if you verbally warn then kick and they don't stop you don't need to give them 70 different type of cards and warnings as it's clear they have no intention to stop.

The purpose of the power is not to give each card before banning the user, basically it's just a "discrimination ban" (compareason with the economic discrimination monopoly) that allows you to give different types of warning for different users that won't react the same way toward a form of punishment. For some users that's more violent to be kicked than not to be able to speak for 3 minutes, therefore you're able to adapt yourself.

PS: A good mod would never greencard a user that will finally deserve a ban. Greencard could be use to calm down easily an argue without kicking both of them/banning them/hushing the whole chat.