xat chatboxes & profiles (xat.me): Darkmode

Enter

• Advanced Members

Considering the forum has darkmode, would xat chatboxes consider having a darkmode on at some point? This could be integrated with user's computer settings. For example, macs automatically invert colors which can set to happen after a particular time. This feature could be implemented to automatically dim background/foreground/chatbox colors to be warmer and easier on the eyes thus causing less strain at night time? I think this could be a neat little feature (considering a lot of people are spending quite a lot of time online these days - myself included). This could also be added to xat.me profiles too as profiles are often quite flashy, and for whatever reason should you decide to stalk people's xat profiles at night, this would give your eyes less strain (toj) Users would be able to adjust the warmth levels, set times for when they'd like the feature to automatically take effect, choose to have colors of boxes inverted, etc.

Edited by Enter
Extended suggestion to xat.me profiles!
  • Award 5
  • Like 4

• Enter changed the title to xat chatboxes & profiles (xat.me): Darkmode
  • Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, Abrahan said:

This is interesting, but it could only apply to the web and not to chat backgrounds.

Ah yes. Would be difficult to apply to chat backgrounds that wouldn't be adjustable. Would be cool if it has some kinda futuristic color detection added though (albeit probably too much to ask for anyway). (toj)

• Award 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

This is a great idea. I liked this idea. Most of us work or have to work in daily life. Of course our whole life is not xat. This is a really well thought out idea for users like me who work during the day and often enter xat and forum at night and at night. Our eyes are already tired enough in daily business life. Our eyes get more tired when we enter xat at night. With a view mode that does not tire the eyes, we can find the opportunity to adjust the view settings ourselves. It's a very useful idea for those who have to stay at the computer all night, like me.

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

Update: it happened! The newest HTML5 update now has darkmode/nightmode! Looks super nice too ^^ so happy it happened! 

Now hopefully this can be extended to the xat profiles (a)

Edited by Enter
  • Award 3
  • Cool 1

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Enter said:

Update: it happened! The newest HTML5 update now has darkmode/nightmode! Looks super nice too ^^ so happy it happened! 

Now hopefully this can be extended to the xat profiles (a)

Yes, with the new update, night mode, ie dark mode, good. looks really good. Thank you for giving this nice and useful idea. My eyes will not tire if I stay in the forum even for long hours at night. dark mode was really useful for all people who had to access the internet at night.

• Like 3

• Advanced Members

@Enter A test power will be given to you this week, since Night Mode was implemented in 1.53. This was done based on your suggestion here and the positive resonance by the community.

For clarification, a Night Mode for the web pages may be added in future as well. The xat.me/profiles/xatspace page on the other hand is still very old and we will first bring out a new version of it.

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members
16 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

@Enter A test power will be given to you this week, since Night Mode was implemented in 1.53. This was done based on your suggestion here and the positive resonance by the community.

For clarification, a Night Mode for the web pages may be added in future as well. The xat.me/profiles/xatspace page on the other hand is still very old and we will first bring out a new version of it.

Awesome! Looking forward to see night mode for the profiles in the future!

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, LaFleur said:

3 hours ago, Enter said:

Awesome! Looking forward to see night mode for the profiles in the future!

This is great news, I would be happy to see the night mode on their xat profiles. Our eyes will not get tired if we want to look and examine any profile at any time of the night.

• Like 1