rank

zuzu

• Advanced Members

hi . i have idea . my suggestion for this time is : i think forum should have more ranks 

like ranks for designers !! (hmm)   we are famous designers but some people dont know where to find the  designers 

so if there is special rank with special colors i think they will find us easy 

• Haha 1
  • No 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

There are highly skilled designers in design. they really do their best in design and they really very professional. There are people like Mafia, Brutus, Ariel who do their design work great. Actually in the forum, the idea of distinguishing special designers with special colors can be made with special colors to show them that they are special. that's a good idea. For example, game makers and smiley makers have special colors that make them look special and different on the forum. The designers do not do design job for rank. they don't expect rank. I don't think it's their purpose to rank in the forum. Also, rank is not difficult to reach good designers, they are always in the graphics room. Those who want to reach them can send them in a private message on the forum or xat.

• Award 2
  • Done! 1
  • Like 4

• Advanced Members

I think this gives recognition to designers. At the same time however, it can lead to having some designers stand out from others. Designs are subjective, who is to say one is better than the other? And thus, what would warrant a designer being "famous"? Is there even such a need for such a thing? The current forum structure allows for users to find designers under the graphics sub-section. Whilst I do believe that if a designer provides continuous development to the forum should receive acknowledgement, I don't think this should be a thing anyways as I think all designers are equal and in implementing such a distinction might give rise to an unnecessary divide.

• Award 1
  • Like 7

• Advanced Members
36 minutes ago, Enter said:

I think this gives recognition to designers. At the same time however, it can lead to having some designers stand out from others. Designs are subjective, who is to say one is better than the other? And thus, what would warrant a designer being "famous"? Is there even such a need for such a thing? The current forum structure allows for users to find designers under the graphics sub-section. Whilst I do believe that if a designer provides continuous development to the forum should receive acknowledgement, I don't think this should be a thing anyways as I think all designers are equal and in implementing such a distinction might give rise to an unnecessary divide.

Anyone can make design, but the important thing is to do the most perfect design and show himself on xat and the forum with the most perfect designs and prove that him are the best. The designers I have mentioned here are already master and professional, highly talented legendary designers who have proven themselves with the best designs. Professional and legendary designers are known by everyone. Those legendary designers can of course be appreciated in the forum. They can be shown to be professional and master with special colors. they should be designers who have proven themselves with excellent designs in the forum, It may also depend on how much they contribute to the forum and you can see how much they contribute to the forum. For example ''Manu'' is the legendary designer who has proven himself at the forum and at xat.

• Award 2
  • Like 4

• Advanced Members
55 minutes ago, DUYGU said:

There are highly skilled designers in design. they really do their best in design and they really very professional. There are people like Mafia, Brutus, Ariel who do their design work great. Actually in the forum, the idea of distinguishing special designers with special colors can be made with special colors to show them that they are special. that's a good idea. For example, game makers and smiley makers have special colors that make them look special and different on the forum. The designers do not do design job for rank. they don't expect rank. I don't think it's their purpose to rank in the forum. Also, rank is not difficult to reach good designers, they are always in the graphics room. Those who want to reach them can send them in a private message on the forum or xat.

they should have special colors . and im as designer i sell alot of bg and i work hard  i post alot here at forum my work i show it .but some people they look for designer and they dont find .thanks sweety for supportqf

55 minutes ago, Enter said:

if there is   special rank so designers should work hard and post and be famous and active to get this rank . and they should do that work for longe time .alot of users looking for designer and they dont  know where to find and who . so the rank and color will help them.ty for your following my suggestion.

• Advanced Members
13 hours ago, theFlower said:

they should have special colors . and im as designer i sell alot of bg and i work hard  i post alot here at forum my work i show it .but some people they look for designer and they dont find .thanks sweety for supportqf

if there is   special rank so designers should work hard and post and be famous and active to get this rank . and they should do that work for longe time .alot of users looking for designer and they dont  know where to find and who . so the rank and color will help them.ty for your following my suggestion.

Yes, of course, special designers have to work hard to be famous in the forum. He must participate in various graphic competitions, win in graphic competitions, show himself in the forum with various wonderful designs, and be very active in the forum. and so if they were given special color on the forum, they should deserve the custom color in the forum. There must be people who have proven to be professional with great designs. 

Edited by DUYGU
  • Award 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members
44 minutes ago, DUYGU said:

Yes, of course, special designers have to work hard to be famous in the forum. He must participate in various graphic competitions, win in graphic competitions, show himself in the forum with various wonderful designs, and be very active in the forum. and so if they were given special color on the forum, they should deserve the custom color in the forum. There must be people who have proven to be professional with great designs. 

you are smart girl @DUYGU i like how you understand my words and the idea  . we like to see new things in this xat world devloping things to make xat more cute. thanks for your support sweety (blowkiss)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, theFlower said:

you are smart girl @DUYGU i like how you understand my words and the idea  . we like to see new things in this xat world devloping things to make xat more cute. thanks for your support sweety (blowkiss)

Thank you I love your ideas. You give good ideas. my dear  (blowkiss) 

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I like how you start by saying we need more ranks, yet the only example you give is the "Designer" rank as it's the only one that concerns you.

If that's the only rank we're gonna talk about, then it's kind of useless. Why? Because pretty much everyone who has used xat for a while knows about xat Graphics and who the good designers are and if they don't, they can just check the Graphics subforum and see who's been active and pick one. Trust me, that's easier than checking all the users that have a certain rank.

I guess you two didn't get Enter's point lol. That's exactly what he's concerned about: some people standing out from others.

What if there's a new designer who's great but has never entered a contest or used the forum much? Why would they have to waste their time trying to get a rank on a forum when they can prove they are good by just posting their portfolio?

Just because you're active or win a few contests, it doesn't necessarily mean you're a good designer.

the main idea is designers rank as example and i want it to be for other things too  forum should own other ranks and other colors for some special things 

• Advanced Members

I do not think a specific rank on the forum should be added to recognize xat designers.

1. If we start giving ranks for designers on the forum, it would create a feeling of injustice. The ones that have the rank would get more recognition and buyers than those who do not have the rank, which would not be fair and would clearly affect the sales and economy of some xat users.

2. If we want to avoid the scenario I just described above, we would need to give ranks to every designer that joins the forum just because they are designers and without taking into account how good their work is. We do not want a lot of users with a specific on the forum, and having the forum full of people with the "designer rank" would be a mess in my opinion.

----------

You have mentioned that the forum should add new ranks, which means not only the designer rank. In any case, the only rank I personally think should be added to the forum would be the "chat manager" rank - I think this would be better than adding a rank for designers.

• Award 2
  • Wow 1

• Advanced Members

Or, perhaps controversially, we add several self-assignable ranks that allow users to identify themselves? This means that any user can assign themselves as a "graphics designer" and therefore there is no discrimination or no playing favourites involved.

This could have potential to bringing more people or communities to the forum as we could have things like "graphics designer", "trader" or "radio DJ" (there's probably more/better options, those just came to mind).

If this was added (alongside any other ranks) they would probably just be the same colour as normal members. There can also be small limits added to such ranks - I'm not sure how flexible this this, but - for example 5 reputation in the appropriate section or 5 posts, etc.

I don't see this being abused, people aren't going to just assign themselves for no reason and if this is abused people can be given warnings, etc.

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 2
  • Like 3

• Advanced Members
23 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Or, perhaps controversially, we add several self-assignable ranks that allow users to identify themselves? This means that any user can assign themselves as a "gfx designer" and therefore there is no discrimination or no playing favourites involved.

There can also be small limits added to such ranks - I'm not sure how flexible this this, but - for example 5 reputation in the graphics section or 5 posts, etc.

I don't see this being abused, people aren't going to just assign themselves for no reason and if this is abused people can be given warnings, etc.

This would be much better. And actually I think it'll be a fun idea to implement, custom titles give people more customisation options and allow users to express themselves with custom titles. That is much more preferable in comparison to ranks which make certain users stand or to indicate some special status.

Edited by Enter
  • Meh 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

@Solange 1 i said  not for all designer .   xat administration can choose by id they are active  and  have good work and they can apply for ask this rank like wiki translators. and contributors.   

2  i think  xat @Admin should add some type of ranks here for other things not just for desigers 

44 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Or, perhaps controversially, we add several self-assignable ranks that allow users to identify themselves? This means that any user can assign themselves as a "graphics designer" and therefore there is no discrimination or no playing favourites involved.

This could have potential to bringing more people or communities to the forum as we could have things like "graphics designer", "trader" or "radio DJ" (there's probably more/better options, those just came to mind).

If this was added (alongside any other ranks) they would probably just be the same colour as normal members. There can also be small limits added to such ranks - I'm not sure how flexible this this, but - for example 5 reputation in the appropriate section or 5 posts, etc.

if there is a way to allow a users identify them self like in theire names they can add .or they can add colors or some symbols will be great idea 

Edited by theFlower

• Advanced Members

I disagree with adding colors to such “designer” rank/badge, which is clearly what OP is aiming for. It’s not a good look to want to stand out from others by just adding text to generic pictures. 

I guess a could be on par with the graphics chat rank where a certain rank, the user would achieve this “design enthusiast” seamless rank; it could help the activity of the chat.

• Award 1
  • Meh 1

• Volunteers

It's been suggested that resellers could have a title on the forums too, so they're easy for users to find. It's also been suggested that resellers could have a dedicated section on their forum profile for members to leave ratings and seller feedback (like on Amazon and eBay). This seller feedback system could work with Graphics Designers too. (These ideas were provided by xCOLTx (344559195) on Feedback chat.)

However, I'm not sure a reseller title on the forums is necessary or wanted. Not many resellers are active on the forums either, besides Bryan and Mstr. Seller feedback sections could also be abused, and this may not even be compatible with the current forum software.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Maybe we could create a new application form for graphics designers to obtain the title, and forum staff could approve them. The criteria wouldn't be massive - it would just help filter out the really poor designers and make the title more reliable.

• Like 1

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Shake said:

I disagree with adding colors to such “designer” rank/badge, which is clearly what OP is aiming for. It’s not a good look to want to stand out from others by just adding text to generic pictures. 

I guess a could be on par with the graphics chat rank where a certain rank, the user would achieve this “design enthusiast” seamless rank; it could help the activity of the chat.

you dont even understand the main idea . you said you dont agree with adding colors so why there is special colors for members and adv members have other color (xd)   !!! contributors have other too  so why not designers and other type of users cant have other colors  . 

i see it great idea 

2 minutes ago, Crow said:

It's been suggested that resellers could have a title on the forums too, so they're easy for users to find. It's also been suggested that resellers could have a dedicated section on their forum profile for members to leave ratings and seller feedback (like on Amazon and eBay). This seller feedback system could work with Graphics Designers too. (These ideas were provided by xCOLTx (344559195) on Feedback chat.)

However, I'm not sure a reseller title on the forums is necessary or wanted. Not many resellers are active on the forums either, besides Bryan and Mstr. Seller feedback sections could also be abused, and this may not even be compatible with the current forum software.

Maybe we could create a new application form for graphics designers to obtain the title, and forum staff could approve them. The criteria wouldn't be massive - it would just help filter out the really poor designers and make the title more reliable.

yeah i said  we can add colors or ranks or we can add something to the name to make users find easy what they want if they want designer or resellers or any other type of users

and yeah creeating app for that is great

• Meh 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Crow said:

Yes that would be good. A new application forum can be organized for graphic designers. Good designers, can be evaluated with an application form.

• Like 1

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, DUYGU said:

Yes that would be good. A new application forum can be organized for graphic designers. Good designers, can be evaluated with an application form.

great idea and it can be for designers and reseller and other type of users  smart girl dear (blowkiss)

• Advanced Members
59 minutes ago, theFlower said:

you said you dont agree with adding colors so why there is special colors for members and adv members have other color (xd)

It’s literally grey. Darker grey. 

59 minutes ago, theFlower said:

contributors have other too  so why not designers and other type of users cant have other colors

Contributors are supposed to actively decide relevant takes on xat. You didn’t take the time to understand my designer appreciation method. Just say you want a bright color to feel relevant and go. 

• Award 2
  • Haha 1

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Shake said:

It’s literally grey. Darker grey. 

Contributors are supposed to actively decide relevant takes on xat. You didn’t take the time to understand my designer appreciation method. Just say you want a bright color to feel relevant and go. 

arent the designers and game makers and bot dev and contr and vols and resellers arent they helping too for some activity for xat (d);)

you can just say you dont like my  post

if you dont like it feel free to leave the post that is and ty for everything 8-) we aprocciate your comments   :d

if i want color or not .  only  who can is  xat administration  know and decide i think not any user who can decide

• Members

My previous post seems to have disappeared (Box haters be out there folks!!! jk I love you pls don't remove this :(). As I stated previously I do agree with this idea as I would like a Box Designer role one day, but this is where the issue lies. If people like me can have a Box Designer role then we can have anything ridiculous and that is where it must stop. I believe that a role is not needed to demonstrate a persons abilities, as previously stated you can use a portfolio to do this. At least with roles like Volunteer, Moderator, Contributor, Wiki Editor etc you could say that they have some sort of use.

Perhaps a dedicated section in the Graphics subforum called Portfolios could be created, where users can post their previous works to try to gain customers. I'm aware that people do post their works anyway, but I think it'd just be more organised to have a dedicated section created. Obviously this could be abused by users getting their friends to flood their post with comments like "omg you are so amazing at box designing", but then posts could be disabled for everyone except the original poster so that there is no unfair bias.

There is one important thing that everyone should take from this discussion... You don't need a role to define you, define yourself. You want to be a Box Designer? Then be a Box Designer, you don't need a role for that.  A wise person once said Just do it! So yeah just be whatever role you want to be and don't worry about having some colour role next to your name that could say Box Designer.. kthxbye

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
15 minutes ago, Bob_ said:

My previous post seems to have disappeared (Box haters be out there folks!!! jk I love you pls don't remove this :(). As I stated previously I do agree with this idea as I would like a Box Designer role one day, but this is where the issue lies. If people like me can have a Box Designer role then we can have anything ridiculous and that is where it must stop. I believe that a role is not needed to demonstrate a persons abilities, as previously stated you can use a portfolio to do this. At least with roles like Volunteer, Moderator, Contributor, Wiki Editor etc you could say that they have some sort of use.

Perhaps a dedicated section in the Graphics subforum called Portfolios could be created, where users can post their previous works to try to gain customers. I'm aware that people do post their works anyway, but I think it'd just be more organised to have a dedicated section created. Obviously this c

a dedicated section in the Graphics subforum called Portfolios could be created, where users can post their previous works to try to gain customers. I'm aware that people do post their works anyway, but I think it'd just be more organised to have a dedicated section created. Obviously this could

Perhaps a dedicated section in the Graphics subforum called Portfolios could

ould

Perhaps a dedicated section in the Graphics subforum called Portfolios could be created, where users can post their previous works to try to gain customers. I'm aware that people do post their works anyway, but I think it'd just be more organised to have a dedicated section created. Obviously this could be abused by users getting their friends to flood their post with comments like "omg you are so amazing at box designing", but

Perhaps a dedicated section in the Graphics subforum 

be abused by users getting their friends to flood their post with comments like "omg you are so amazing at box designing", but

Perhaps a dedicated section in the Graphics subforum called Portfolios could be created, where users can post their previous works to try to gain customers. I'm aware that people do post their works anyway, but I think it'd just be more organised to have a dedicated section created. Obviously this could be abused by users getting their friends to flood their post with comments like "omg you are so amazing at box designing", but then posts could be disabled for everyone except the original poster so that there is no unfair bias.

There is one important thing that everyone should take from this discussion... You don't need a role to define you, define yourself. You want to be a Box Designer? Then be a Box Designer, you don't need a role for that.  A wise person once said Just do it! So yeah just be whatever role you want to be and don't worry about having some colour role next to your name that could say Box Designer.. 

then posts could be disabled for everyone except the original poster so that there is no unfair bias.

There is one important thing that everyone should take from this discussion... You don't need a role to define you, define yourself. You want to be a Box Designer? Then be a Box Designer, you don't need a role for that.  A wise person once said Just do it! So yeah just be whatever role you want to be and don't worry about having some colour role next to your name that could say Box Designer.. kthxbye

sorry can you reduce the comment ?  for to have good idea .  i cant read all of that 

• Haha 1

• Members
2 minutes ago, theFlower said:

sorry can you reduce the comment ?  for to have good idea .  i cant read all of that 

Ah I apologize, it would seem that you have quoted my post multiple times? No worries, I will simplify it for you. The important stuff is in bold, ignore the rest if its too much to read.

Graphic Subforum called Portfolio.

Only allow creator of Portfolio post to respond to post, no need for friends to flood with misleading compliments.

Graphic Designer Role not needed to be known as a Graphic Designer in the Graphics community.

Have a lovely day :)

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
24 minutes ago, Bob_ said:

Ah I apologize, it would seem that you have quoted my post multiple times? No worries, I will simplify it for you. The important stuff is in bold, ignore the rest if its too much to read.

Graphic Subforum called Portfolio.

Only allow creator of Portfolio post to respond to post, no need for friends to flood with misleading compliments.

Graphic Designer Role not needed to be known as a Graphic Designer in the Graphics community.

Have a lovely day :)

we got your idea ty(smirk) 

• Wow 1