Test Powers Not Appearing in Powers List

David

• Advanced Members

Hello,

This idea is from ELDONABEEE (1519385625) to ask if it would be possible to show test powers in the powers list on HTML5.

At this point in time, Test powers do not appear in the HTML5 powers list, but do appear in the trade application.

Are there any plans to add this, or is there a reason that it is not already like this?

Thanks!

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• Bot Service Providers
48 minutes ago, David said:

Hello,

This idea is from ELDONABEEE (1519385625) to ask if it would be possible to show test powers in the powers list on HTML5.

At this point in time, Test powers do not appear in the HTML5 powers list, but do appear in the trade application.

Are there any plans to add this, or is there a reason that it is not already like this?

Thanks!

This seems to be already reported,

Basically, if you change the "sort by" in the powers dialog to 9-1, it's working fine.

• Award 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Volunteers

If it was added in the "category" mode, users would know what is the function of the next power and it wouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Probably a reason of why it's showing only in 9-1/1-9/a-z/z-a modes and I think xat likes to keep the function type as a surprise until it's released.

Maybe we can simply add a "test powers" category in the categories mode so they are in one place and you wouldnt have to scroll over X categories to find it.

Edited by SLOom

• Volunteers
37 minutes ago, SLOom said:

If it was added in the "category" mode, users would know what is the function of the next power and it wouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Unless you make a default "testing" category for new powers and move them to their actual category when they are announced.

I think this should be changed somehow because I can see some users are confused about whether they bought the power or were scammed.

Some are switching back to flash just to check on whether the have the power, this means something should be fixed.

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Contributors

Users can trade test powers. This is the main reason why test powers should have its own category in the first power list that shows when you click on powers.

If test powers were not available to trade then I'd understand the reason behind not having a category but, since the current way causes confusion and might lead to scam attempts, I'd rather have a category for that.

Would it take a lot of effort to change the power to another category before releasing? I don't think adressing test powers to POWERS > OTHER > OTHER is a bad idea either (in case creating a new category is harder for you). That's at the end of the list and you just need to scroll to the bottom of the list to check if you have test powers or not. 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
16 hours ago, Sydno said:

Unless you make a default "testing" category for new powers and move them to their actual category when they are announced.

I think this should be changed somehow because I can see some users are confused about whether they bought the power or were scammed.

Some are switching back to flash just to check on whether the have the power, this means something should be fixed.

This wasn't my original idea, but this right here is my primary reason for offering to share the post. It would be like if a user was selling a collection but didn't have it displayed in their powers list. It's like adding an unnecessary risk when trading. Especially for those who aren't as experienced with trading, the lack of displaying it could cause some confusion. In my mind, it's similar to the skepticism when doubling powers was a popular scam tactic. 

9 hours ago, xLaming said:

I really don't know, why change something that is already fine.

If the people is ok using the old way, so why set categories by default?

Keep the "All" by default (0-9).

Though this was not the purpose of this thread, I think for certain features it is better to move on to newer and more refined displays. I think since we have the option to view it the old way but are presented with this more refined way of viewing our powers, this is a good way to advance onto a newer xat. 

• Advanced Members

Hi,

I may agree with all of you guys. To avoid scammers and to get a better vision of the Test Power, I see another option, which is adding a category named: Last = In this category we will see either the test power and/or the last power released on xat. Every time xat released a power this category will update by itself and add the newer power if the user has the power, otherwise will stay blank.  If users get the test power, then this one will show in this category until it gets released it will update his name and smilie. 

image.thumb.png.d28499d6772d74c219780e35f04ee200.png

I personally would love to see this feature.

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, DJFUNNY said:

Hi,

I may agree with all of you guys. To avoid scammers and to get a better vision of the Test Power, I see another option, which is adding a category named: Last = In this category we will see either the test power and/or the last power released on xat. Every time xat released a power this category will update by itself and add the newer power if the user has the power, otherwise will stay blank.  If users get the test power, then this one will show in this category until it gets released it will update his name and smilie. 

I feel like this would be redundant since if you sort by 9-1 you can see the latest power anyways. Unless there's something I'm missing from your suggestion?

• Bot Service Providers
11 hours ago, David said:

move on to newer and more refined displays

You just proved my point.

If something is right, why touch it? Just to confuse users?

New things are really cool, but not when you change the whole format.

Many users have no idea of this and many other features in HTML5, because despite having an X function, no one was told about updates. This is the main problem in xat, and it's occurring due to the lack of communication of these major changes. Not everyone is using xat forums or following xat in Twitter.

• Award 1

• 7 months later...
  • Members
On 12/19/2020 at 10:28 PM, DJFUNNY said:

Hi,

Likewise.