Announce2 power

Crow

• Advanced Members

Very good and creative idea Crow!

Maybe it could also work by adding additional Announce powers to unlock new functions instead of doing a new power, although I understand that adding these functions could take a bit of work so I also see it fair that it is an additional power. 

• Volunteers

I think all the ideas can be good apart from the "timed announce messages". In my opinion, it can be annoyed at some points if the chat is not active (no message send), so you will see a lot of announce messages.

I had also the idea (from bots obviously but I guess xat can have it) to have "variables" like {id}, {regname}, {userscount}, etc... so you could do some cool announce message! Example: Hello {regname} and welcome on {chatname} ! There are actually {userscount} on the chat.

• Award 5
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

This is a great idea I like this great idea. As we know it is may good for all users design advanced a new power with together the improvement of the function of the already existing announcement power and the addition of extra advanced announcement messages to it. Especially may good for main owners. Main provides convenience in the management system of the owners' chat room. Main owners do not have to frequently hold staff meetings in the chat room and continuous tell staff the tasks they need to do.Main owner, doesn't have to tell them what to do often. The rank holders become more effective and active in management and are informed about how to behave with users. With the idea of the ''announcement2'' xat power on these issues, it would be beneficial for the users to be warned about the issues that need to be paid attention and to have information on the subjects that the users should be informed. It helps users a lot. In addition, it would be users may good to convey these announcement messages to users in certain time periods rather than once, not to forget and be memorable. If this idea is designed as a power, it will be appreciated by everyone on the xat in terms of making of people aware and informed about what, how and when to do it.

Edited by DUYGU
  • Award 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

@SLOom On the contrary, this idea is so that the chat is not inactive. [I understand what you mean]

- There are many options that can be used, *such as not saving chat messages* Or *a longer period of time to send messages* Eg: 1h - 72h

We offer the idea to be able to be used not to be used, you can use it, whoever want, it can be just an option, everyone can have a choice to use or not.

There is nothing mandatory to use, thanks for the honest answer and yes in some moments, but we hope that everyone who uses it will not be inactive chat.
- Also, if Guest/members/mods/owners make a complaint, MainOwner chat can disable or change the message at any time.

Thanks Crow, you did a good job.
Thank you all for your support.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
16 hours ago, Bau said:

On the contrary, this idea is so that the chat is not inactive.

For you, it wouldn't be annoying to see (for example) 4 announces messages in a row ? Personally talking, it would annoy me. I think, it should send if the chat is active to not spam the users.

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

I agree with Sloom's point of view, personally it would also upset me. Although this is optional, it could be determined by the main owner within the chat's group power settings the frequency with which the messages are sent and therefore it will be your problem if you make the power announce cause '' spam '' (hypothetically speaking that chat is inactive).

I think this option should be included, but warn in a Wiki article that misuse or abuse of the Announce2 power in an idle chat could annoy users. There are articles like the power Boot, Superkick or even when using capital letters where it is warned that it should not be abused; in case the powers could be removed from the account and the capital letters could annoy users.

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, SLOom said:

For you, it wouldn't be annoying to see (for example) 4 announces messages in a row ? Personally talking, it would annoy me. I think, it should send if the chat is active to not spam the users.

NO, because I'm happy to know what's new, or things that can tell us who to trust or not, what to do or not to do.
It is not just a message, there will be more and each informational message will have a time.

For example, there can be 12 messages for 12 months, that is, 1 different message each month.
This means that we can organize everything for an entire year.

This can only be offered to people who enter after a period of inactivity.

Those who are active will not receive a message, because they are active, so it is an informative message for people who enter, that is, those who are inactive.

I understand what you mean, but I believe it must exist, because everyone can turn it on and off.

I don't know, it's just an idea, and thanks for your answer, I understand what you mean, I agree, I just like to know that we all have different tastes.(hug)

• Award 1