Pokemon Catcher

Defiance

• Advanced Members

Since there is so much hype going around with the new Pokemon games why not install a power that will allow subscribers to catch any Pokemon at any chat if there isn't a bot on it?

For example if you visit a dead Pokemon chat and there isn't a bot there to help you catch one a power called Pokemon Catcher will help you identify the nearest Pokemon available whether it be on that chat or any other chat.

When you buy the power it will work just like with bots but you type !pgo to catch it or !pgc most likely.

It doesn't have to be a limited or unlimited power since we already have plenty of limited powers. I would like for it to be unlimited since so many people including myself are playing Pokemon now. It is the most popular game currently and I think this will help xat raise more money with this power as well.

Of course if you use this power to catch some rare Pokemons or non-rare Pokemons they will still be linked with bot providers so you can still check out your list of Pokemons anyways regardless since you have the power.

It could also be helpful if we could trade Pokemons with the trade engine since this is a power and you could have the options to trade the Pokemons you have caught or you could simply just trade the Pokemon power itself if you don't want it anymore or neither are a fan of Pokemon.

• Advanced Members
13 minutes ago, Virtue said:

xat can always request permission to use it since we already have Pokemon avatars for toons ourselves and not to mention the Pokemon ball catcher smiley.

They can use them without permission because they're free to use. Don't quote me on that Since this is a paid power that will make xat money, this cannot be used without permission.

Also, xat would probably get ignored if they asked Pokemon/Nintendo for permission.

• Advanced Members

Just like the previous comments, I don't feel that this would be a great idea.

Also, from what I know, the !pgc command that you can use with bots is just something extra. For that reason, it's not really worth making a power that's just based on it specifically. Pokémon Go has absolutely nothing to do with Xat, and in all honesty, it's probably just a fad. This game is probably going to be the next Flappy Bird, in my opinion.

• Award 1

• Volunteers

Of course this couldn't be made due to copyrights. However, that doesn't mean a similar idea can be made. What you wrote literally is exploding my mind with ideas.

If people love this whole catching a pokemon thing, why can't a similar concept be applied to xat? I love the Pokemon go catching on the bot. But, generally I think something better could be implemented on xat with this idea (not saying the Pokemon go catching on the bot is bad). 

So, why not a catcher power? There are over 300 powers on xat. Why can't there be an application to the left that can be an application to catch xat powers? You would obviously need catcher power to use the application. Depending on your location on xat, you'd be able to catch certain powers. There'd be a map of the xat planet and it could also show chat names or something of nearby powers. Epic powers would be much harder and rarer to catch.  These powers could be on a xat 'planet' and could also show other users playing the game. Maybe users would have to shoot the planet with xats (aka coins in the game) to catch the power. Miss the power more than 3 times and it runs away! Coins could be awarded by finding powers on the application or even the amount of time users are on the application. Another idea could be the user would have to do a mini pop question about the power to fully catch the power.... Get it wrong and you lose that power! You would be able to catch the same power more than once. Thus, maybe something like gift your power to an online user etc could be implemented on the application. I guess this game would be ongoing or never ending as there is typically a new power on xat almost every week. 

Hopefully my idea makes sense to you. Although this will probably never happen, I really like the concept and this could get many users involved.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

What if @Lemona's idea was used this year for Black Friday? A scavenger hunt for limited powers at a discounted price, with epic powers being much more rare? Could incorporate similar aspects to Pokemon Go like Virtue suggested. And that way it could actually be a power without running into copyright issues (1 power bought = 5 chats to check for powers, or something of that sort).

Something not too different from what has been done in recent years, but it is much more interesting, IMO.

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

The thing with catching pokemon is they're pokemon....

I wouldn't want to catch xat powers at all that sounds like no fun. 

lets just keep all pokemon go related things to Niantic and nothing else 

• Award 3

• Wiki Editors
4 minutes ago, Karl said:

The thing with catching pokemon is they're pokemon....

I wouldn't want to catch xat powers at all that sounds like no fun. 

lets just keep all pokemon go related things to Niantic and nothing else 

"I have finally caught this savage Snail power."

• Award 1