Anxiety?

Spawn

• Advanced Members

Hello, everybody.

I wanted to possibly start a discussion about a previous topic I made regarding anxiety.

I made a chat room called; "anxiety", and it was actually getting popular and regular users were coming on. The main idea of creating this chat was to help others with anxiety and to just have a safe controlled environment to just talk. I understand people were mostly concern with having trolls, but that would be obviously handled by owners and moderators. Another concern people were having is that we weren't doctors or professionals, that's correct. When people are having a hard time dealing with anxiety and not having the proper skills to learn how to cope with it, they seek advice online -- such as a forum. 

Just to clarify, I am NOT a doctor or a professional therapist, but I am nurse and would love to spread mental awareness towards everybody. I believe it is healthy to talk about how you feel and receiving positive feedback.

Now, my question towards the xat community... would you guys go to an online chat room that has people like myself, dealing with anxiety as an everyday problem -- giving feedback and allowing others to vent? We all know that the internet is sometimes not a safe place to go, but remember the chat would constantly have at least one moderator or owner in the chat, making sure everybody is following the rules and respecting one another.

There will be links and helpful resources to also guide fellow xat users towards the right direction, such as phone numbers, website sources, and many more!

Again, this is just a discussion, please do not turn this into a debate. My main goal is to spread mental awareness and give people a chance to know that there are people out there willing to listen and be helpful.

If you see any problems about this, please be kind and I'll be more than happy to elaborate on any questions or concerns you may have. 

Hope you guys have a great evening/night and Happy Holidays!

Spawn

• Award 2
  • Like 4

• Advanced Members

I totally agree with this discussions, it's very important to talk about mental illness. It's nice for people to know they're not alone as many of us are struggling with life situations that may trigger excessive anxiety like for example, a death in the family, work stress, school stress, or ongoing worry about finances and etc. Having anxiety can sometimes be overwhelming. Many of us still find it very hard to come out about as mental illness has always been “frowned upon“ and sadly, is still not talked about as much as it should be so many still refuse to talk about their problems.

So it would great to have a discussion about this and spreading mental awareness towards everybody. Group pressure and support can also lead people to engage in healthy behaviours as well. Having this discussion are dedicated to bringing together people with similar problems to talk and learn from each other's experiences.  

• Like 1

• Members

This is a great thing you're doing Spawn. I feel like especially during these rough times of quarantine, people feel very lonely, distanced, and isolated. This gives people a place to break-away and comfortably express their emotions and issues to others. 

• Like 1

• Advanced Members

Unfortunately, I have an anxiety problem and I got some support. This is not an easy situation to overcome. 

Trusting other people and talking to people you do not know is more relaxing to exchange ideas with people you do not know, so maybe we are entering this kind of conversation environment? 

G o o d L u c k   E v e r y o n e

• Like 1

• Advanced Members
14 hours ago, Spawn said:

Hello, everybody.

I wanted to possibly start a discussion about a previous topic I made regarding anxiety.

I made a chat room called; "anxiety", and it was actually getting popular and regular users were coming on. The main idea of creating this chat was to help others with anxiety and to just have a safe controlled environment to just talk. I understand people were mostly concern with having trolls, but that would be obviously handled by owners and moderators. Another concern people were having is that we weren't doctors or professionals, that's correct. When people are having a hard time dealing with anxiety and not having the proper skills to learn how to cope with it, they seek advice online -- such as a forum. 

Just to clarify, I am NOT a doctor or a professional therapist, but I am nurse and would love to spread mental awareness towards everybody. I believe it is healthy to talk about how you feel and receiving positive feedback.

Now, my question towards the xat community... would you guys go to an online chat room that has people like myself, dealing with anxiety as an everyday problem -- giving feedback and allowing others to vent? We all know that the internet is sometimes not a safe place to go, but remember the chat would constantly have at least one moderator or owner in the chat, making sure everybody is following the rules and respecting one another.

There will be links and helpful resources to also guide fellow xat users towards the right direction, such as phone numbers, website sources, and many more!

Again, this is just a discussion, please do not turn this into a debate. My main goal is to spread mental awareness and give people a chance to know that there are people out there willing to listen and be helpful.

If you see any problems about this, please be kind and I'll be more than happy to elaborate on any questions or concerns you may have. 

Hope you guys have a great evening/night and Happy Holidays!

Spawn

Really you’re doing a great Job trying to help others with anxiety. Is not easy to be a nurse, to fight epidemic disease, to help patients and to listen to their problems in these recent times, when covid-19 cases have increased in the world. The job you do is really hard, when you come home after doing this difficult task, you enter xat at the end of the stressful and tiring day and try to help people. You get tired of trying to solve the problems of people on xat. Seeing that they are happy when you help people on xat will certainly relieve you a little psychologically. God help you. you are doing really work well. Be patient and the hard days will end, covid-19 will end and people all over the world will regain their health. I hope your morale will always be good. God bless you. I wish you a good holiday.

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

Just wanted to say thank you for all the wonderful support and comments you guys have been leaving on here.

I most definitely would love to get my chat back up and running again, it's already been made and it's called "anxiety". I'm still in the process of trying to tweak a few things before I do, but will definitely let you guys know.

Would love to see new and familiar faces on the chat!

If you guys have any questions or concerns, please feel free to comment and I will try to answer the best I can!

- Spawn

• Like 1

• 2 years later...