xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

Flash removed by Adobe. And the new xat chat!

LaFleur

• Advanced Members

Everyone who has worked tirelessly on this project over the past 3 years should be extremely proud of the work they've done. The transition to HTML5 was smoother and more effective than I ever could have imagined it being, and the chats function much better than they ever have!

• Award 3
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

The functioning of this new html5 version is really great on the chat rooms. I've seen better improvements than ever before in the changes and regulations made. everything looks perfect. I got used to this new html5 version I am happy to use the html5 version, all people will get used to this new html5 version at the end of the year everyone has to use this html5 version and everyone has to get used to this new version. I appreciate the efforts of everyone who contributed to this beautiful version that brings innovations to xat chat rooms. this is a revolution and a new age in xat. and thanks to everyone who contributed to this new html5 version.

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• Bot Service Providers

Well,

It was a good move, but I think the project itself started late. It'd be better in 2014-2015, but it was only started in 2017 and arrived in 2018 taking many users by surprise, which didn't contribute to the acceptance, and the fact that only this year the bugs were fixed.

This whole situation generated discomfort in users, I personally saw many selling their powers due to fear, because in a way it's an "investment". It's good to see all the progress that was achieved in 2020, and I hope that in 2021 everything will be done.

With all (or almost) the systems already finished my suggestion is to focus on two main factors: STABILITY and OPTIMIZATION. HTML5 is good if used correctly, but for many users it's causing disadvantages such as lag reported by several users in help chats, and I confirm this, I use an i9 and 16gb of RAM and sometimes with 3 xat tabs it's already using a lot of resources. In terms of stability, only a few improvements is enough, per example re-check powers and features etc.

Anyway, I congratulate everyone who is involved in the project. At first I was afraid and with some criticism for seeing the system so "buggy" but now it's almost perfect!

• Award 1
  • Done! 2
  • Like 4

• Contributors

From the beginning I liked the idea, and I saw many changes in favor. However over time, compared to "flash" html is causing a big lag, which really is what causes me the most annoyance when I am in xat. Having more than one xat tab open in html is an inexplicable lag. The same when I enter, xat's ship stays around loading but it takes longer than expected, when in flash the full xat logo loaded relatively fast, and I don't blame the internet because I open the flash version and the html version at the same time and you can clearly see the difference, even from two different computers.

It's really worrying that  I have read many people who still don't agree with the new version of html, and are still using the ?old option.

The gamebans games have a great lag too and I don't know if they already fixed it, but it was almost impossible to play comfortably, among other things that still need to be fixed...
Regarding all the other ideas implemented, the new designs, and the new interface, it is perfect, as long as those tools can be used in a comfortable way, without lag, and with nothing to prevent using them to their full potential, because it is useless to have everything visually striking, full of new ideas, new options and tools included, when in truth you can't use them properly, at their maximum functionality either due to lag or any other errors.

So far many positive things have been achieved. Congratulations!! is a good job and not easy. And I trust that the little bugs that exist now will be fixed and gone.

• Like 2

• Members

Sounds good to me.

I agree with you I already tried the new version

But there is a problem, many do not like this new version since they say that it will not be the same as when the flash was, I hope this 2021 is one of many good things.

Shaun The Sheep Movie Ok GIF

Mielsithaa (1531991674)

• Like 1

• Contributors

This was and is a great achievement, it is with great joy that i must thank and congratulate all those who were part of this great change and who are still doing, to all who have dedicated themselves and committed themselves to finish this work, you have made a great milestone in this new stage, in this new era of xat. My sincere thanks to you, who worked hard day and night, who have dedicated themselves to giving us a new version, and in showing us how flexible this social network can be, thank you. 

You guys are amazing

And you who have not tried the new version of xat, or if you have already made use and do not like, know that it is normal for the human being to fear all that is new and unknown! 

When you notice the incredible changes that exist there, you will see that it is not bad. ❤️

Thank you again for the excellent work you've been doing since the beginning. (cute)

Camila Cabello Thank You GIF by Radio Disney

• Like 4

• Volunteers
13 hours ago, RobFerrari said:

Having more than one xat tab open in html is an inexplicable lag.

If it can reassure you and other people that are not enjoying HTML5 as some people do, xat will be looking at the lags issues as soon as possible.

We hope to find a way before our dear Flash friend is gone.

• Thanks 1
  • Done! 2
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

While it does need some optimization, I am impressed with how far it’s come. Pretty indistinguishable from the old Flash version to an untrained eye.  Props to everyone who helped - & to new beginnings!

• Award 1
  • Like 3

• Advanced Members

Before I refused to stop using flash, because in html5 everything was slow, I spent months and it has improved a lot and now I love html5 the new designs and the new interface I love.

Congratulations !!! Excellent work that you are doing and we know it is not easy, so thank you

• Like 2

• Wiki Translators

Honestly, I thank you very much, @LaFleur for the great work that you are doing in order to serve and delight users. This is within the framework of renewal and bringing more ideas and new features. Personally, I use Flash. I have not tried HTML5 before and I am sure that the new chat version will be unique.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Members

To me it seems as if HTML5 was rushed, as they only had limited time to transition. Instead of taking forever to develop a mobile app they should've started with HTML5 first THEN moved on to the app. (Then again the app wouldn't be needed with HTML5) (sman) 

• Members

technically you never really needed a browser to use flash xat you just needed adobe's Flash Player Projector a standalone application adobe offers that only pulls 50-100 mbs per chat after setting it up i've found it very helpful the past near decade

you could also get flash xat onto a phone in 2013 if you used dolphin browser

Edited by zotomokoroa

• Moderators

Again, we don't know if xat will keep their flash chat on the server. However, the most logical decision would be to remove it from servers, as it is obsolete. Also, browsers will be updated and flash support removed.

• Award 1

• Members

firefox offers older offline installers on an ftp and getting an older offline installer for chrome isn't hard as for automatic updates

for firefox you can create a json that turns off updates or remove some installation files
for chrome you set "gupdate" to disabled & set "gupdatem" to manual in services

2021 edit

in at least Chrome 79 setting the clock to before January 12th enables Flash Player date can be changed back once loaded in

this isn't needed at all in Firefox 46 i'm guessing somewhere between Chrome 59-68 don't need it either

Edited by zotomokoroa

• 2 weeks later...
  • LaFleur changed the title to Flash removed by Adobe. And the new xat chat!
  • Contributors
49 minutes ago, SamiServer said:

hi, how now goes the xat chat link to see the chat kit without the plugin old?

Chats are now HTML5 by default so you don't need to add anything behind the link. Remove ?old at the end of the link and you'll be able to access the HTML5 version (i.e xat.com/help instead of xat.com/help?old).

• Award 2