translator without square brackets [ ]

Dan

• Advanced Members

Can xat update be done in the translator menu? For example: Let it be the same when we translate the page, our message or someone else's message is translated normal, it could be done in xat too, I think it would be nicer and more beautiful, for example: it would be you or me who don't know English / spanish portuguese ... etc we would like to know how to dialogue each other's language without looking like we are using a translator! please comment what you think or think about it.

with brackets

image.png.e6c9be7c14ac8b50b27e7f3111b0e3a7.png

translator without square brackets

image.png.ea6e31ce3a7965e0b38c542c40fc894f.png

• Award 3
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

This is great idea! If it's possible it looks really good. I liked this idea. Perhaps a work can be done to hide the translated part when translated, or perhaps a power can be created that conceals the visible part when a sentence is translated.

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

Yes, possible maybe a power or option to hide from the user. But to hide it from everyone I think it would be more fun .. And that would bring more communication in the chats of other languages that many even want to join to communicate, more friendship, communication and users to help in official chats like, ajuda, help, ayuda.. between chats, and the user would even be happy to use this translator option without brackets.

• Award 2

• Wiki Translators

This seems a good idea, but i think those brackets clarify the vision during translation, they show the translated part. I think that if they were not there might be a confusion between the main language and the translation language, by the way, since the topic is related to translation, I want to say sometimes when some users use the translator ( for exp from portugaise to english ), the translation looks incompleted, I think it should be Some adjustments regarding this matter.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
19 hours ago, iDan said:

Yes, possible maybe a power or option to hide from the user. But to hide it from everyone I think it would be more fun .. And that would bring more communication in the chats of other languages that many even want to join to communicate, more friendship, communication and users to help in official chats like, ajuda, help, ayuda.. between chats, and the user would even be happy to use this translator option without brackets.

Yes I agree with you. If we click on our name when we translate a word and use the translation option and the option hide translation is added to the top of the page and when we select that option, the parentheses are hidden when we speak and automatically hidden in the untranslated word in that conversation, they would be a great change. But this seems difficult because the translation is disabled after a certain period of time. If the translation is not active when we are not constantly speaking or active, people should receive a short warning text because we must make sure that the translation is not active after a certain period of time when it is hidden.

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • Stif locked this topic