Pokémon Go and YOU!

Dad

• Members

Pokémon Go and YOU!

This thread is used for:

• Sharing tricks and tips that you know and others may not.
  • Bragging about your 1,480 cp Dragonite.
  • Sharing any easter eggs.
  • Informing people of recent changes, updates or events.
  • Sharing and or ranting about frustrating bugs (or bugs in general).
  • Questions and answers regarding the game.
  • Sharing Pokémon GO dank memes.
  • Anything Pokémon GO related.

• Advanced Members
17 minutes ago, Crow said:

I'm tempted to buy those 14,500 pokecoins for £79.99. Any thoughts? :$

Depends what you'd spend the pokecoins on but you can gain pokecoins by claiming gyms and going to shop and clicking the shield icon (10 pokecoins per pokemon in a gym & can only be used once every 24 hours).

• Advanced Members

My friend and I were pokemon hunting and we found a Snorlax.

I wasted a lot of poke balls trying to get it and it ran away.

It took my friend two tries and she got it.

I am quite salty. 

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, Jenna said:

My friend and I were pokemon hunting and we found a Snorlax.

I wasted a lot of poke balls trying to get it and it ran away.

It took my friend two tries and she got it.

I am quite salty. 

Did you use a Razz Berry in catching it? Sometimes it helps catching a wild pokemon.

• Advanced Members
Just now, Jenna said:

I used Razz Berries and great balls. Still couldn't get it :@:'( 

Ah damn it must be really a waste of pokeballs plus if you get the bad flows of using the Razz Berries if would even be bad more xDD

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Jenna said:

I used Razz Berries and great balls. Still couldn't get it :@:'( 

Try using curveballs if you haven't already - it's been confirmed that they increase the odds of catching a pokemon. Also try getting Nice, Great and Excellent throws, which will also increase the odds of catching a pokemon (along with a larger XP bonus.)

• Volunteers
13 minutes ago, Flake said:

Feel free to ask me questions, I pretty much know everything about this game in detail :))

What's the highest CP pokemon ever found in the wild (that you've heard of)?

What's the highest level trainer in the world (that you know of)?

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Crow said:

What's the highest CP pokemon ever found in the wild (that you've heard of)?

What's the highest level trainer in the world (that you know of)?

Highest theoretical pokemon is Mewtwo (with perfect IVs) with 4174CP. Since mewtwo is impossible, next highest theoretical CP is dragonite with 3525CP. It's likely that someone has a 3525CP dragonite already, but the highest I've seen is a Dragonite with ~3300CP.

2 people are currently known to be level 34, Skittyish and HungThai. http://pogorank.com/

• Advanced Members
Just now, Crow said:

These guys probably have their friends playing for them while they sleep xD

How do you get more egg incubators too? I have 9 eggs (most 5km), and only 1 incubator :(.

Buy them from shop or wait to level up to get some more.

See level rewards here: http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/19/12227650/pokemon-go-level-rewards

No other way to get them unfortunately :(

• Advanced Members
17 minutes ago, Flake said:

Try using curveballs if you haven't already - it's been confirmed that they increase the odds of catching a pokemon. Also try getting Nice, Great and Excellent throws, which will also increase the odds of catching a pokemon (along with a larger XP bonus.)

I would throw myself out a window for a snorlax. I <3 snorlax.

thank you friend

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, Flake said:

Buy them from shop or wait to level up to get some more.

See level rewards here: http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/19/12227650/pokemon-go-level-rewards

No other way to get them unfortunately :(

Take over gyms, you get some pokecoins every 21 hours depending on how many you've taken over ;)

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Chelly said:

What is the point of the achievement system with medals?

There's no specific point to it, you don't get any rewards for getting achievements. It's just for people who want to get achievements as their goal.

• Advanced Members

Protip: https://pokevision.com

The tracker thing on the application sucks. This thing might also disappoint you when you find out how many crappy Pokemon are around you.

Some people might consider it cheating but it can't be as bad as using a segway instead of walking.

Edit: pokevision is ded sry

• Advanced Members
37 minutes ago, Jenna said:

How do you find a pokemon near you? I don't really understand the little footsteps on the bottom right. I can't find the pikachu in my neighborhood :( 

There's currently a bug with the footsteps - there used to be 1 , 2 and 3 footsteps depending on how close the pokemon was, 1 being the closest and 3 being the furthest away. It now only shows 3 footsteps for all pokemon currently in order to increase server efficiency.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Volunteers

This game has taken over my life. I'm level 23, team instinct, and I'm walking on average 7km a day (10km+ on some days). It's even more addicting than xat. I'm sitting here right now at 9:55pm and it's raining heavily outside, but I still want to go out. My body feels like that of an Olympic athlete - healthy and strong - but my mind belongs in a mental asylum. I'm at my highest and lowest.

My local church has never been so busy, since it became a pokestop. I see people walking down the street on their phones, and I know what they're doing - I'm doing it too. The game has gotten much tougher recently, though. My 1750 CP flareon is stuck in a level 9 rural gym that will never be beaten, and I'm running desperately low on egg incubators. I'm tempted to spend more money, because that's what the serious players do, but my currency has been in the toilet since Brexit, and I'm not willing to sell xats to fund it.

Has anything interesting happened to anyone else? What level is everyone?

• Award 3