xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

Mobile suggestions

SLOom

• Advanced Members

Was wondering if there should be an option to show that you're on phone. E.g. a setting to change your pawn to a phone or by default a phone but with the possibility to change it to a normal pawn.

Demo: eef6d31a186b450f8e922902079c3806.png

• Award 1

• Wiki Editors
19 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Was wondering if there should be an option to show that you're on phone. E.g. a setting to change your pawn to a phone or by default a phone but with the possibility to change it to a normal pawn.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of using a phone as a pawn. However, I like the idea of having a special indication on the chat.

The phone icon could be next to the user's homepage, where the Facebook icon used to be back when it was a thing. It could also say "On xat mobile" when you hover the user's pawn.

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, LaFleur said:

I think that it's not necessary to show (with pawn) when someone is on mobile, even if they had this idea on the old version of mobile (m.xat.com)

But I think (improving the idea of Arthur), when you click a user, it would showing "on Xat mobile" with the rank etc... (Admins just have to add a "flag" in the user information that can determine whether if the user is on mobile or not.)

IDOZuub.gif

For the idea of the icon, it's not really "useful" given the number of users who will use the application .... I don't think, admins want to waste their time for it.

• Wow 1

• Volunteers
2 minutes ago, Karl said:

The orange pawn was originally intended to show you were on mobile, I'm not sure if thats still the goal considering its extremely buggy.

It shows the orange pawn only if you are not connected on Xat right ? I think Lafleur means to have something when you are on a chat and wants to notice people with something that show he's on mobile.

• Advanced Members

As soon as you use the mobile app and then go off of it, your pawn goes orange and it doesn't change until you use the website. But it shows orange even if you terminate the application so right now it's pointless. It should be orange (in friendslist) when you're on the app or it's running in the background so you still get push notifications. 

• Volunteers

Yeah it should. Remember on the old version (when they started to release it), it worked fine with the orange pawn, and could get pc notifications friendly (even if you weren't on the app) but it seems to not working yet on the 1.33

I hope, it works on 1.34

• Volunteers
4 minutes ago, Karl said:

it worked fine for like 1 version then they fixed bugs and it broke and it was never fixed. what lafleur is proposing is probably a better idea 

But it seems to working with TOM/Bignum .. so i think it should be fixed..

• Advanced Members

If the orange pawn is kept in use for being "available" (able to receive messages on your phone) then I think it might actually be important to show you are on mobile with the old or a new mobile pawn. It will show that it might take longer than usual to reply or that you might not reply in main chat because of that.

• Advanced Members
44 minutes ago, atti said:

iPhone application is Already in the works! This is written in the wiki, it needs more speed to create xD statistics of multiple users with iPhone Mobile Telecommunications

It takes time to make an application... it's not something can be whipped up over night.

Also, Apple has stricter rules than Android, so the iOS app has to be pretty much finished before a xat can do a beta.

• Advanced Members
20 hours ago, atti said:

Personally I work on the application (iPhone) I did a statistical, how people use more mobile iPhone. My suggestion to Working on iPhone App

Android is the largest mobile operating system. Your "statistical" is incorrect.