I cant access an old account on xat and I think its been hacked!

smellyquim

Question

• Members

I'm trying to log in to an old account on xat and update the security on it. I've tried signing in and saying forgotten my password and it says email not registered. So I've then tried registering an account with the email and it comes up that the same email is already registered and to use a new email address instead......can any one help me?

7 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

If you have forgot the email associated with your account you'll need to create a new account to solve the problem.

Once you create a new account, with an email address that you have access to, you must create a ticket. To create the ticket follow the below steps:

1. Go to http://xat.com/ticket and click Open New Ticket
  2. In help topic select Lost Access
  3. In subject, you have to write a message of 5 words or more that explains the problem. (e.g: I lost access to my account)
  4. In message you are going to describe your problem with the primary account.
  5. Click Open Ticket.   

You will now receive an email when there are responses to the ticket. Volunteers will ask you some account security questions, you need answer it and I am sure they will be able to help you.

• Advanced Members

As @Pagesays, its not necessary to be a paid user to open a ticket under that department. If you are still having issues opening a ticket, please send direct message to any volunteer to open a ticket for you. https://forum.xat.com/staff/

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.d90ba3220bb96a1f1faa2808e3a6e0b9.png

Once the message is sent, please be patient for a reply.

• Members

Thanks thats a big help.

18 hours ago, Samuel said:

If you have forgot the email associated with your account you'll need to create a new account to solve the problem.

Once you create a new account, with an email address that you have access to, you must create a ticket. To create the ticket follow the below steps:

3. In subject, you have to write a message of 5 words or more that explains the problem. (e.g: I lost access to my account)
  5. Click Open Ticket.   

You will now receive an email when there are responses to the ticket. Volunteers will ask you some account security questions, you need answer it and I am sure they will be able to help you.

• Members

Thanks for your help Samuel. I've followed your instructions above and it wont let me place the ticket and comes up saying I must make a payment......I'm not making a payment so how do I get round this?

18 hours ago, Samuel said:

5. Click Open Ticket.   

• Contributors
9 minutes ago, smellyquim said:

Thanks for your help Samuel. I've followed your instructions above and it wont let me place the ticket and comes up saying I must make a payment......I'm not making a payment so how do I get round this?

Hello, to open a ticket under the topic LOST ACCESS, you don’t need to be a paid user. 

Check if you are using the right thread.