Show users you ignored them

Defiance

• Advanced Members

I'm not sure if this was already suggested but I'll give it a shot. This is not a power suggestion.

This is a suggestion for the Ignore button feature to be updated on.

Now I noticed when you ignore users it doesn't show them you ignored them. For example when you ignore them and they click your name it will say "On xat subscriber/whatever they are has you on ignore" and they will stop harassing you or anyone else on the main chatroom. Or since it shows you the gray pawn when you ignore them it should show them the gray pawn as well. It's only fair right?

I am suggesting this because users still end up harassing other users in main chatroom even if they have them ignored.

• Advanced Members

I'm also not sure if this was suggested before, It's not a bad idea, but I don't think xat needs this implemented, because, you just said it.

1- People can harass you whether you ignored them or not they can use different accounts or even non registered ids.

2- Ignore only lasts 12 hours however, if they bother you again, you can ignore them again and again.

3- Even making ignore lasts forever may or may not stop them from harassing you.

• Advanced Members

Yes I understand that they will harass you regardless if you have them on ignore or not but they will stop if you see them you have them on ignore.

You don't have to put everyone on ignore if they are making multple IDs to simply harass you but some users are just downright a nuisance in certain cases. Some aren't even smart enough to know how to register mutlple accounts or generate new IDs.

I am not meant to flame or offend anyone in this reply I am just simply backing up my suggestion.

I feel that xat should implement this update because it will be more peaceful for you that you don't have to keep seeing their messages. If it gets too much to the point where they are always being harassed then they should move around chats or keep on using the Ignore feature as suggested here.

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Virtue said:

Or since it shows you the gray pawn when you ignore them it should show them the gray pawn as well. It's only fair right?

I think it wouldn't be a good idea either letting the user know that you simply ignore him/her. From what I think it'll make them more aggressive and would think more as even more in insult to them if they found out that you ignored them. I'd still prefer putting them on silent using the current ignore feature, I know the problem won't be resolve like that but it's less conflict.

• Members
17 hours ago, Elie said:

I'd rather they waste their time until they figure out they've been ignored, otherwise they'll go on another toon and bother you again faster than if it didn't show.

I agree with this. There is no point in letting them see if they are ignored or not.