Images for mobile groups list

Admin

• Advanced Members

What if a feature is added to the chat, indicating the use of logo.

It applies what is in your photo. When the logo has not been loaded.

We see some examples.

Group settings

81eu7JS.jpg

Logo chat

DgD8OIg.png

Edited by Mafia1
  • Award 4

• Volunteers

Maybe you could use cartoon planets instead of the circles with letters. You could take the smilies from the Planets power without creating new icons.

They're the same shape as the circular icons proposed, and they would complement the space theme that is integral to xat's identity (e.g. the Saturn-style planet logo, the dark blue color scheme, the space background on the app, the rocket used as part of the chat loading animation).

I like to imagine that every chat is a different planet with its own environment and culture, and we're the travellers in space visiting them.

I'm not sure if that would make the app a bit too cartoonish though.

• Like 2

• Bot Service Providers

I agree to Crow,

It makes more sense to use power Planets smilies, because this color pattern adopted by Google doesn't look good with the current layout of the xat app.

It would look nice with this style if redesigned with a Material UI design.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
17 hours ago, Admin said:

It's been proposed to change mobile groups list to look like this (not to use group backgrounds):

groups.png

Thoughts ?

I think this is a good idea, it would be nice to see this on the mobile group list

• Like 1

• Volunteers
18 hours ago, Crow said:

Maybe you could use cartoon planets instead of the circles with letters. You could take the smilies from the Planets power without creating new icons.

Are you (or someone else) able to show a quick demo of what you meant ? (just the planet itself)

It can help us to understand better the idea.

Thank you!

• Volunteers
On 11/2/2020 at 5:31 PM, Abrahan said:

WaiftWr.png

The saturn / uranus smilies from the power planets would have to be automatically trimmed to fit the circular size (you can see it in the HTML5 chat in the example).

We will probably make the image less big than on the demo but the idea is fantastic! 

Any more ideas/improvements regarding groups list you wish to see ? 

Anyways thank you Crow for your idea and Abrahan for your demo!

Edited by SLOom

• Advanced Members
On 11/6/2020 at 6:33 AM, SLOom said:

Any more ideas/improvements regarding groups list you wish to see ? 

• Options: Add an option to swipe to the right to show the following options (something similar to Whatsapp)

- Favorites

- Share this chat

- Report this chat

- Remove / delete this chat (swipe left)

• Online users: Shows the number of connected users, also a visualization of the image of a maximum of 3 connected users.
  • Icons (favorites-promoted): Once the options have been added, the icons as favorites could be reduced to give a better appearance (an icon could also be added for promoted chats)
  • Design: The bar that shows the chat is square, I think it would look much more modern if you make the edges rounded.

I made a small demo of what it would look like, for a better understanding of my idea:

hsra5WV.png

• Volunteers
On 11/11/2020 at 9:36 PM, Abrahan said:
  • Options: Add an option to swipe to the right to show the following options (something similar to Whatsapp)

- Favorites

- Share this chat

- Report this chat

- Remove / delete this chat (swipe left)

I'd rather have a "long press" feature where it shows what you defined (except favorite). Example: You long press the chat line and it shows a popup with the options.

• Online users: Shows the number of connected users, also a visualization of the image of a maximum of 3 connected users.
  •  

Not something implemented on server side .. not sure if we can do that. 

• Design: The bar that shows the chat is square, I think it would look much more modern if you make the edges rounded.

Black color on a black background ? Don't think it matches much :( 

By the way, thank you.

We will analyze the different ideas with the admins and see what we can conclude for the next releases. Feel free to suggest more ideas before it's too late ;) 

Edited by SLOom
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
4 hours ago, SLOom said:

I'd rather have a "long press" feature where it shows what you defined (except favorite). Example: You long press the chat line and it shows a popup with the options.

Not something implemented on server side .. not sure if we can do that. 

By the way, thank you.

We will analyze the different ideas with the admins and see what we can conclude for the next releases. Feel free to suggest more ideas before it's too late ;) 

In my idea too, a black color to on black color does not match black ground color. Lighter and more colorful tones can be applied, dark color tones of purple, brown or blue can be applied. I think these colors will not tire the eye, and very light colors would not be suitable for the saturn planet painting.

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, SLOom said:

2 hours ago, DUYGU said:

In my idea too, a black color to on black color does not match black ground color.

I did not mention a color change at any time, a color change should apply to the entire application itself and not just to the colors in the groups list.

The idea was to make it rounded where the image, name and description of the group appear, leaving a small space with the edges of the screen (instead of it being completely square and occupying the entire screen). I hope soon a topic will be made to discuss a makeover/colors within the xat app! 8-)

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, Abrahan said:

I did not mention a color change at any time, a color change should apply to the entire application itself and not just to the colors in the groups list.

The idea was to make it rounded where the image, name and description of the group appear, leaving a small space with the edges of the screen (instead of it being completely square and occupying the entire screen). I hope soon a topic will be made to discuss a makeover/colors within the xat app! 8-)

This good idea, I agree with you. that image over there takes up less space when it is rounded thank you for giving this good idea