Outnumbered

HelperNate

• Advanced Members

Hello! I am trying to re-create a game I used to play as a child called Outnumbered! It is a game of puzzle, mystery, and luck!

Original game here: https://classicreload.com/super-solvers-outnumbered.html

Objective:

Spoiler

Oh no! The Master of Mischief and his henchmen robots Buffo, Lectro, Pogo, Rollo, and Turbo, have taken over the local television station! Your objective is to find where the Master of Mischief and his robots are hiding and foil their plans! To uncover information about the whereabouts of their hideouts, you can explore the rooms within the station and try to catch his other robot assistant Telly.

How to uncover room codes:

Spoiler

When it is your turn, you can choose which room to explore. Inside the room will be a gameban puzzle. Complete the gameban within the time limit to uncover information about the room code faster.

There will be a total of 10 gamebans per player, 1 puzzle per room. If you pass, you uncover the entire room code! If you fail, you only uncover half of the code. You can explore the room again without having to complete another puzzle and the rest of the code will be uncovered for that room.

How to uncover the secret code:

Spoiler

Throughout the game, after every few turns, Telly will spawn. Use command !catch to try to catch Telly before he runs away. After Telly runs away, the host will check to see who caught him, and whoever is on that list that used !catch, they will uncover 1 piece of the secret code! When Telly spawns, all players can use !catch to try to catch him.

Update 4: If you appear on the !catchers list more than once, you will uncover multiple pieces of the secret code!

Example: If you appear twice, you uncover 2 pieces. If you appear 3 times, you uncover 3 pieces, and so on.

Update 5: If the FEXBot does not work, I will use https://www.random.org/dice/ to generate how many pieces of the secret code you uncover when catching Telly.

• 1 and 4: 0 pieces uncovered
  • 2 and 5: 1 piece uncovered
  • 3 and 6: 2 pieces uncovered

Deciding:

This is the biggest part of the game, and you will either leave with some xats, or get eliminated from the game with nothing!

Spoiler

Before being able to decide where the Master of Mischief and his robots are, you need to uncover at least 4 pieces of the secret code and uncover at least 1 room code, or uncover all room codes for all rooms and at least 1 piece of the secret code. If you are confident you know where someone is, you can use command !decide when it is your turn and choose a room. But be careful! Picking a room where someone is not will eliminate you from the game!

Note: If you uncover all room codes, but not enough pieces of the secret code, you will be asked if you want to decide, or pass your turn. For each time you pass your turn, you will uncover 1 piece of the secret code, but once all codes are uncovered, you will NEED to make a decision! During this point, you cannot catch Telly to uncover more of the secret code after you have uncovered all room codes.

Update: If you uncover all room codes, but NONE of the secret code, your turn will be automatically passed, but you will uncover 1 piece of the secret code.

Update 2: Whenever a room is chosen, that room is eliminated, and so is the player. When a player chooses a room, they are eliminated from the current game and must wait until the next game to play again, regardless if the room they chose was an antagonist's hideout.

Sudden Death:

Spoiler

Every time a room is decided, it is eliminated as a possibility from every other player's decoder. When all of the wrong rooms are chosen, the remaining players will go into Sudden Death to see who will choose the remaining rooms first.

The Sudden Death round will be a Hangman puzzle. Whoever guesses the most correct letters will be able to pick a remaining room first. Whoever scores second place in Sudden Death will have to choose between 1 of 2 rooms, and the remaining player is automatically defaulted to the final possible room. Prizes will be awarded based on who is in what room.

If there is a tie in Sudden Death, the tiebreaker will be settled with rock-paper-scissors.

Update 3: During Sudden Death, any omitted codes not yet uncovered cannot be uncovered. After Sudden Death, when it comes to deciding a room, I will private chat your progress, and you have to guess within your own progress which hideout room contains the most xats.

How to correctly decide where an antagonist is:

Spoiler

To correctly decide where an antagonist is, you will need to compare the room codes you have uncovered with the secret code that you uncovered. There are match rules which determine where each character is.

For example, let's say the secret code is 2 5 8 1 4 7. And a few other room codes are as follows:

• Cartoon room: 0 3 6 9 2 5
  • Staff lounge: 4 7 1 5 2 8
  • Recording Booth C: 2 5 8 1 4 7

Each individual character will have their own match rule to compare with the secret code.

Examples of possible match rules:

• The Master of Mischief's hideout room has the same numbers, but a different pattern as the secret code.
  • Pogo's hideout room has different numbers, but the same pattern as the secret code.
  • Turbo's hideout room has the same numbers, and the same pattern as the secret code.

The Master of Mischief is hiding in the Staff lounge, Pogo is hiding in the Cartoon room, and Turbo is hiding in Recording Booth C.

Comparisons between the original game and my re-created version:

• I was able to make the game multiplayer-friendly
  • There are a total of 10 rooms instead of 5
  • There is more than 1 antagonist to find besides the Master of Mischief
  • The quick math problems that must be solved when catching Telly have been replaced by luck similar to !pgo catch
  • The word problems in the rooms have been replaced by gamebans
  • There is no 9PM to 12AM time limit; the game ends when all antagonists are found, or when all players are eliminated
  • Energy and score stats also do not apply nor is there an energy supply recharger
  • Livewire obstacle is excluded from this re-creation
  • You cannot see your decoder at any time; I only private chat your progress when it is your turn
  • Follow-up to the previous point: You cannot decide where an antagonist is at any time; you can only decide when it is your turn
  • Telly only zaps you when you take too long to respond and you lose a turn

What is the prize and budget for this game?

I plan to host a total of 3 games with a total budget of 25,500 xats. Prizes for finding the Master of Mischief and his robots are as follows:

Master of Mischief: 5000 xats

Robot 1: 2500 xats

Robot 2: 1000 xats

The robot names will change each game between Buffo, Lectro, Pogo, Rollo, and Turbo.

When and where will this game be hosted? Will FEXBot be needed?

The game will be hosted @ Game chat. I do not know exactly when I will be able to host this game, but it will be tentatively on October 25th @ 5AM GMT / 1AM EDT. I will reply to this thread again when the time gets closer to hosting, or I have to delay the event due to real life circumstances.

As for needing the FEXBot, it will only be used for trying to catch Telly and using a command !catch similar to !pgo catch, and also using !decide when it is your turn when eligible. I could probably do without the FEXBot for when Telly spawns, but the running away time will be less exact, and in place of the !decide command, you can just say you want to choose a room.

I still don't understand this game. Can I play a test run before the actual event?

Unfortunately not. At best, you should play the original game linked above on classicreload.com if you have never heard of this game so you understand the concept and at least some of what the main event will be like.

Recommended number of players: 7 to 10, although this can be hosted with as many players as possible. It will just take longer with the more participants, as there is a lot of note-taking on my part!

Hope to see you there!

Edited by HelperNate
Had to delay event :(
  • Award 4
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

I just found out that I have a huge report due on October 18, and I will have to push the event to next week. However, I am in a time conflict. I usually host during the afternoon in my timezone, but in Press Your Luck, I had plenty of users when I hosted in the night time.

So given my timezone, and that it's likely later for just about everyone else, I will open up a poll as to when I should host the event. Keep in mind that when I say a day like "Saturday night" that also means it drags into mid-morning of the next day (12AM, 1AM, 2AM, etc.). When is a good time for me to host this event? The first part of the answer will be in my timezone, and in parentheses will be the likelihood of how much later it will be for other users' timezones.

For context, my timezone is Pacific Daylight Time (PDT).

Edited by HelperNate
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

The event will be hosted on Saturday night for my timezone. It will likely be Sunday morning/early afternoon for others.

Countdown to event start time: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20201024T22&p0=224&font=cursive&csz=1

The initial post above has also been updated to promote when the contest will start. Hope to see you there!

• Done! 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

Went right to sleep after the contest. Here are the results from yesterday's event! Thank you to all who participated!

CoooLingman (1535333508) - 7500 xats

Sezenry (84065237) - 6000 xats
Lemona (220341852) - 5000 xats

CriminaL35 (60329639) - 2500 xats

NenoMihajLovic (1482747648) - 2500 xats
Jham (39521423) - 1000 xats
xRavennn (544545627) - 1000 xats

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• Solange unfeatured and locked this topic