Why are some names free to use?

Question

• Advanced Members

I do not think it is correct to use an important name for Muslims ,  God (Allah) I dont understand why a sacred name is used 

I dont understand why xat.com allows the use of such names. 

download.png.9afcf1523d5e5653bb0124afb4dfd2af.png

4 answers to this question

• Volunteers

I understand you think it's disrespectful for users to use names like this.

However, Allah is not the only name tied to a religion that is being used by users on xat. Names such as Deus, Dios, etc... are being used by users as well, and sadly there's nothing we can do about it. xat won't delete those names when users have already spent xats on buying them, simply because they're not breaking any rule or term of service.

I will now close this topic.

If you have any other questions, please open a new topic.

• Contributors

Hey Valstein!

Note that many people use this name worldwide in honor of their religion, it can also be a shortened name of a user's real name without any religious purpose. xat only prohibits the use of inappropriate names in any language or usernames that can be used on behalf of xat such as xat or chat.

• Advanced Members
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Abrahan said:

Hey Valstein!

Note that many people use this name worldwide in honor of their religion, it can also be a shortened name of a user's real name without any religious purpose. xat only prohibits the use of inappropriate names in any language or usernames that can be used on behalf of xat such as xat or chat.

but this is not a language , is the creator that all Muslims use in common , you are confusing the concepts 

I am for xat.com to take a more sensitive view of religions : )))

Edited by Valstein
  • Members
8 minutes ago, Valstein said:

I am for xat.com to take a more sensitive view of religions : )))

I wouldn't imagine this happening. If there were a hypothetical "rule" for such a thing, then it would have to curve for just about everything else from religion to politics and potentially to other beliefs. And I wouldn't imagine a majority of people being too happy about too many restrictions.