AddRank

xAndyx

• Advanced Members

Good afternoon guys

We come to propose this power (AddRank) that has the function of accepting a range be mod, owner or main owner (the latter is because you can already be given main by the id)

The power official that you get the request to accept that rank, since it is annoying that they give you x rank and you do not want and force you to have that rank (since as much as you get off they will get you up)

What do you think about this power?

Give us your opinion

Copyright for

@xAndyx and @Jazy

Soon we will add photos to give examples of what it will be like to accept such rank 

Edited by xAndyx
  • Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Abrahan said:

If you don't want rank then just use the Guestself power, I don't think anyone wants to pay for a power that prohibits rank.

As I said in the post, the more you try to get off, the more you get up or I don't ¿make myself understand? 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I noticed that when I visit some chats, usually randomly, they just mod/owner me for no reason. I guess that this could be adapted to something like ranklock, but by the user. Sometimes you really don't want to be staff in some chats and having to guestself every time is very uncomfortable, pretty much like having to ignore the same person you don't want to talk with all the time.

Edited by Stif
zz2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Stif said:

I noticed that when I visit some chats, usually randomly, they just mod/owner me for no reason. I guess that this could be adapted to something like ranklock, but by the user. Sometimes you really don't want to be staff in some chats and having to guestself every time is very uncomfortable, pretty much like having to ignore the same person you don't want to talk with all the time.

That's what I mean, it's a little annoying and more when you let them know that you don't want to be part of said xat, ¿then it can be adapted to another power as you say? 

• Moderators

Ranklock serves that purpose for chat owners, to avoid letting users get ranks on their chats. But it could be adapted to the user do it as well, so they would be able to choose whether they want to be staff in a chat or not. (It would probably be a new power)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, Stif said:

Well, we pretty much give ideas over here, so it would be up to them on how it would work. Again, if this becomes reality, it would probably be a new power.

Well it's also true but I also think, ¿could you add to the guestselft? 

7 minutes ago, Jazy said:

especially when they force you to be main, just because they put your id without consulting it.

If it's a little annoying that they give you a range you don't even want

• Advanced Members

This sounds like an interesting idea!

Some people may say we can simply ask users if they want to get a rank before giving it to them. However sometimes it's not always that easy, because as Stif said, you get ranks automatically when visiting certain chats and it's annoying having to use guestself every time this happens(if you don't want to be staff on those chats), so this would be useful.

Hopefully, we can get this power some day in the future. 8-)

• Bot Service Providers

I would say yes because it's cool and I like this idea but NO,

In anime/radio chats this is very common, people makes you mod or owner because of the color, if you dont like it, you can ask a main owner to ranklock you guest or member, or simply use /g and get out of this chat.

I don't think it's a good idea to users decide it. It's up to main owners decide what they do in their chats, since it's not against terms, it's ok.

Sometimes you being main owner, you see random users using something to abuse, e.g guestself, and this is so boring.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Maybe they could be limited to locking you only from not getting moderator and above?

I do see this as a useful power. Of course that at first you would have to guest yourself but then you could lock yourself to not get any more rank in that particular chat.

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Stif said:

Of course that at first you would have to guest yourself but then you could lock yourself to not get any more rank in that particular chat.

I also like this idea. But I feel that this, somehow, defeats the purpose of Ranklock. I still think it's better to be able to get an invitation before getting a rank, that's actually pretty cool and stops people from being upset for getting ranks they don't wish on certain chats.

4 hours ago, xLaming said:

I would say yes because it's cool and I like this idea but NO,

In anime/radio chats this is very common, people makes you mod or owner because of the color, if you dont like it, you can ask a main owner to ranklock you guest or member, or simply use /g and get out of this chat.

I don't think it's a good idea to users decide it. It's up to main owners decide what they do in their chats, since it's not against terms, it's ok.

Sometimes you being main owner, you see random users using something to abuse, e.g guestself, and this is so boring.

Perhaps this could be a group power, if this power is assigned to your chat then users would receive invitations before getting any rank. I think that's a good solution to the "issue" you're pointing out.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Solange said:

I also like this idea. But I feel that this, somehow, defeats the purpose of Ranklock. I still think it's better to be able to get an invitation before getting a rank, that's actually pretty cool and stops people from being upset for getting ranks they don't wish on certain chats.

The idea of getting an invitation sounds great. If the user has the power, they would get an invitation instead of being automatically ranked.

1 hour ago, Solange said:

Perhaps this could be a group power, if this power is assigned to your chat then users would receive invitations before getting any rank. I think that's a good solution to the "issue" you're pointing out.

Would be better as a user power. I don't think that chat owners would buy a group power to let users decide if they want rank in their chats or not.

• Like 2

• Bot Service Providers
On 8/30/2020 at 3:46 PM, Solange said:

Perhaps this could be a group power, if this power is assigned to your chat then users would receive invitations before getting any rank.

In this case yes, I support it, because it's up to mains decide not users.

Invitations would be cool.

• Advanced Members

The idea would be that it is a power of non-group users, because it would already take away the grace (I say I) still do not see it viable that it is added to the ranklock (it is not supposed to be a power of use for the main) 

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

This idea has its pros and cons, let me explain.
Obviously in certain chats they practically force you to have a rank without having to ask for it (generally in promotet chats in Spanish).
I understand the idea of rejecting these ranks but in these chats the bots are configured in a certain way so that would make that power obsolete unless the bot servers change their configuration.
Let's put the point where the chat is in a members-only setting, will you reject the rank? I think not.
Also, as Stif said, the ranklock can be adapted for that function without the need to get a new power.
I like the idea that it can be adapted to ranklock, as this would also create conflicts between users if the power is released for that function only.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
6 hours ago, Manu said:

This idea has its pros and cons, let me explain.
Obviously in certain chats they practically force you to have a rank without having to ask for it (generally in promotet chats in Spanish).
I understand the idea of rejecting these ranks but in these chats the bots are configured in a certain way so that would make that power obsolete unless the bot servers change their configuration.
Let's put the point where the chat is in a members-only setting, will you reject the rank? I think not.
Also, as Stif said, the ranklock can be adapted for that function without the need to get a new power.
I like the idea that it can be adapted to ranklock, as this would also create conflicts between users if the power is released for that function only.

Because it's going to create conflict? The bot gives member no more, we are talking about the ranges type moderator, owner and main owner

It wouldn't have to cause conflict (I also understand that a power can be disabled) I mean we're talking about non-member ranks, and as I said this can be done by a request that comes to you from that rank And as stif said, this would be a usurio power and not a group power

Edited by xAndyx
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

By conflict, I mean that users currently complain about the following things as far as powers are concerned:
-Price
-Quality
-Function
Based on that and it is something real that happens every weekend and the discomfort of the users for each power is notorious, I do not see the need to launch a new power only for that function, when that function could be added to the ranklock without any problem and in that way any type of criticism or nonconformity would be avoided.

• Moderators

For me they should be two different powers because they should be used by two different groups. Ranklock is set by the chat manager and the Userlock could be set directly by the user.

If the user has the power, they would get an invitation instead of being automatically ranked in that chat. It would also show the "block" option, so the user could block from getting invitations for ranks mod or above in that chat.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I visit random chats very often and some times they just mod / owner me. Even though I guest myself, when I go back there I get mod / owner again.

The power could allow users to block only moderator and above ranks, not member (which is the one usually given automatically by the bot).

Edited by Stif