Reply to PMs Command

Jasmine

• Advanced Members

Hello!

Synonymous (Referrals):

PM = The Private Message Function

---

I suggest adding a reply command for PMs (/r). 

For example: If someone sent me a PM saying: (How are you?), I would write in the text-box ( /r I'm good thanks )

The command would send the reply to the last PM I got. 

Why?

This is obviously easier, and it would make everyone use PMs more often, I don't like the current way of sending/replying to PMs. Unnecessary hassle, which makes me avoid the PM function most of the time.

(Private Chats can be distracting if you're actively moderating a chat).

• Award 2
  • Cool 2
  • Like 3

• Advanced Members

I agree that the current way to reply to private messages on HTML5 is a bit annoying, I don't like it either and I also avoid using it most of the time. This command would make it easier!

Anyway, I'm glad to know that replying to private messages will be easier in the future with future updates.

• Award 1

• Bot Service Providers

I really like this idea, it would be a great adittion.

And yes /r is being used by ranklock but we can rename this command to /q (quote) per example...

Also adding a reply icon sided to message (alongside of quote icon) and when clicking it automatically this message goes to pm.

There is a lot of ideas that can be made based on this.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Stif said:

That's actually a good idea, although /r is in use for ranklocking.

In the near future we will have PM closer to the flash way, which I think is easier. Stay tuned for the next release.

Yeah I just remembered, ranklock.

But I still believe that /r is the most known way to reply to messages (what most mmorpg games use as well), if there's a change then I think changing ranklock command to /rk or /rl is better if they decide to get this feature implemented.