What do you think of Pokemon Go?

Chelly

• Advanced Members

When the game first released I was excited but then I discovered it was not available in the UK until its release a few hours ago, not long after I downloaded the US version why u do this 2 me.... The idea of looking in real life for pokemon excited me even if the game itself is just walking around in random places to find new or already caught pokemon *cough*zubat*cough*. The game itself isn't that perfect right now with servers crashing, the locations for pokemon gyms (One man discovered that his house was a pokemon gym) and many more issues. When I was younger I loved the pokemon series and I'm glad that now you can somewhat start your own pokemon journey even if there is flaws in the future I'm sure most of them will be gone or I hope that's the case. Overall I'm enjoying the game for now.

What are your thoughts on Pokemon Go? If you have played the game what Pokemon have you encountered? Share them below I'm curious.

Do you hate when the game crashes or freezes just as your about to get that one pokemon you wanted??

• Award 1

• Volunteers

It hasn't officially released in Canada either. I'm not exactly a Pokemon fan but from what I've read and saw it seems it causes many issues and concerns about safety. It also seems many people are getting injured or landing in trouble with it. Although there is a disclaimer that says Niantic is not liable for any property damage, injuries or deaths that result while playing, it still doesn't stop people from going onto private property, driveways, cemeteries, playing while driving etc.

• Volunteers

A month ago i would have been bullied for playing pokemon. Now i would be bullied for not playing pokemon.

I saw this posted in the Pokemon Showdown lobby, and it mirrors my thoughts exactly. It's funny how social trends work.

It might be a while before the hype dies down, @Nick. There are another 570 pokes that haven't been released in the game yet (not including the ones from Sun/Moon, which come out in November).

• Advanced Members

Its available here in germany since a few days and i have the feeling it connects the people somehow, although its just a game, the way it works makes it so interesting for everyone and thats also why there is such a hype. And yes, the game is quite cool and innovative.  

• Advanced Members

You can't trade Pokemon so I'm disappointed.

I'm being dragged around in Mexico so my eggs aren't hatching(driving). It's not true to its source but whatever.

Going for the 400 Magikarp. I want a Gyarados.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
On 7/14/2016 at 6:41 PM, Nick said:

All I can say is that I can't wait for everybody to move on from this phase.

i hate u nick, ur upset becuz every1 now does more exercise than u lol get rekt kid XD

On 7/14/2016 at 7:31 PM, Five said:

i agree with what four said, i don't like non-pokemon fans suddenly jumping into the bandwagon because you can catch pokemon in real life now. i also agree with lemona with safety concerns because people are sometimes stupid enough to not look both ways before they cross the street or drive while playing pokemon go. on the other hand, i helped my friend get a meowth and an electrobuzz on the same day. :)

ur right people who havent played pokemon before shouldnt be allowed 2 play lol they should be executed on the spot lol

i utterly dislike the previous pokemon games and like pokemon go, they're two different things and i fink people should b allowed 2 play without being a weeaboo pokeweeb lol

• Award 3

• Advanced Members

Just started playing pokemon today and caught a lot of pokemons on my way to the park (2km where I love) where the gym is.  lol I guess Pokémon go can be really fun playing it but as the warning says in it before you play it that a player have to be really aware of their surrounding while playing this but some people are too dumb that they get in trouble and to even more serious accidents. 

• Members

To be honest it's not that great (don't get me started on their terrible servers). I played it for one day and haven't touched it since. It's great if you happen to be traveling but I don't see much use in it aside from that. It also seems to be causing problems in the real world, people almost getting hurt, etc. It's really not that addicting and I don't see the appeal to it.

• Advanced Members
On 7/18/2016 at 8:09 AM, Alecks said:

To be honest it's not that great (don't get me started on their terrible servers). I played it for one day and haven't touched it since. It's great if you happen to be traveling but I don't see much use in it aside from that. It also seems to be causing problems in the real world, people almost getting hurt, etc. It's really not that addicting and I don't see the appeal to it.

thought that first day too mate then on the 2nd it was addictive lol