HTML5 vs Flash

Bau

HTML5 vs Flash  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What do you choose HTML5 OR Flash?

• Advanced Members

Hello

I notice a lot of people wondering, what do you choose HTML5 or Flash, what do you use, or who do you like more.

I searched for this in the forum and I didn't find it, I decided to open it here to see who wins, HTML5 or Flash.

Everyone can answer and explain why, we will not criticize anyone, just see everyone's opinion.
Some requirements [Some ideas to choose from]
- If you choose HTML5/Flash or Both to answer why?
- If you use Flash and you like HTML5 you can vote for both.
- Don't worry, you can change your vote at any time
- I will also use Cupim as a bait, check image example.:d:$
Screenshot_95.png.053a551e62290b47c63705b8f80a4e98.png
Thank you.

I like HTML5, but I choose both, because I have many beautiful moments in flash.
You?

• Award 4
  • Like 6

• Advanced Members

i voted for the new html5 version. I love the new html5 version, I can easily reach everything I am looking for and it has a nice and better view in terms of visuality in the background. Html5 version is a very good change and innovation for xat if it is evaluated in terms of both visual and content.

Edited by DUYGU
  • Cool 1
  • Wow 1

• Advanced Members

We're very happy to see the interest you all have in this matter! We want to let you know a survey about the HTML5 chat to get your feedback will be available very soon! The information that will be collected will be very useful for the HTML5 team, so save all your opinions to submit them when the survey is available. 

Stay tuned!

Edited by Elea
  • Award 3
  • Cool 1
  • Wow 1
  • Like 3

• Bot Service Providers

Both.

HTML5 is cool, lightheight, have a lot of new features, it's a good option for who is new in xat, because they don't need to use Flash, they don't need to spend years on it then move to something new.

I like Flash but not because of its features, I like it because when you use something for a long time it's not easy just move also it's very stable. You need some time to get happy with something new, I don't know how to explain, but it's not easy for some. Also have small things that should be implemented on HTML5 chats, such as, a new timeout limit (or atleast usage of KEEPALIVE correctly) because you get a lot of disconnects on HTML5, in my opinion this is the major trouble for now.

That's my input, I choose both.

• Award 1
  • Cool 1
  • Wow 1
  • Like 1

• Members

HTML5

Why? because it's actually making xat better in almost every aspect. Although it's still not well adapted to xat yet and there are many little things that might make people a little bit unpleased about it.

But as humans when you're use to something it's always hard to take it away from you. But I encourage everyone to be opened about HTML5 and actually see  the good things that's bringing to us. in a few words.. I'm in love with HTML5. 

• Cool 1
  • Wow 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

I've been using HTML5 a bit more recently and while I can say there are definitely some things that feel different, I'm starting to appreciate and enjoy what the project has turned into. 

I used to be under the guise that the transition from using flash to html5 would be painful but I'm starting to think it won't be so bad, time is simply needed to become accustomed to it. 

For real though? Move that tickle tab... (wary) 

• Wow 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

I voted Flash because its layout is what I've been used to for the last 12-13 years. HTML5 has its querks and its downfalls – as all do during transitions – and I've been giving it a chance since Help chat officially transferred over to the new system. Up to now I've been impressed with it. As for my personal opinion, Flash will always be my go-to system and favourite of the two, but I suppose technology evolves and has to run with society, thus we have to expect changes (I'm not fond of change) to occur after a decade of Adobe.

• Wow 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Leandro said:

It’s not actually a “tickle” tab since more stuff is going to be added there, so that’s why it was moved (wary)

Yeah it’s gonna be the Notifications tab pretty soon. Doesn’t change the fact that it needs to be moved! (applause)

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Members

Been using HTML5 since it was first available by adding ?new at the end of a chats URL and loved it ever since. 

Larger chats and quality text is my preference over the small features that weren't added yet.

• Wow 1