Jump to content

Themed Weeks at Game


Steven
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Members

Themed weeks are back! We've been trying to get this going since Contests was redirected but funding has been an issue, so these may not be held as regularly as they were in the past, but we're going to make an effort to have at least one a month.

 

This week (Wednesday-Sunday) will be RETRO WEEK at xat.com/game. The regular weekend games will be incorporated into the event (the first contest of each day). Here is the tentative schedule:

23cb8e80fbde4d9184f876fb42f9da24.png

In the future we will have powers as prizes, but it seems basically everything is down and hard to sell, so we're just giving xats/days this time.

 

Watch this space for future theme weeks (and feel free to leave suggestions)...

  • Award 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Wiki Editors

Honestly, I think it might be worth a shot to see if @Admin is willing to put at least some budget into contests even if it's just something like 5,000 xats per month (2 test powers) and that can be split into your "one a month" idea.

  • Award 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

I have to agree with Stah. Contests obviously attract many users, especially when there's a prize. Many users love having some friendly competition between their friends and other users. It would be nice to have larger contests within the xat community that connect many users together through a little competition. You can't expect the same people to donate thousands of xats for every contest. Thus, funding of some sort would be a nice addition and it would be nice to see many users involved. 

  • Award 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
43 minutes ago, Elie said:

Do not post "good luck" on this thread (or any thread for that matter). 

 

Unless you have something reasonable to add, don't post.

 

Can we do this for suggestions too, where comments are just like "good suggestion" or "nice idea"? (BTW, half of the new contributors do this, guess they contribute by being sheep and the other half don't even use the forums).

  • Award 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Members
On 7/13/2016 at 4:00 PM, Dad said:

 

Can we do this for suggestions too, where comments are just like "good suggestion" or "nice idea"? (BTW, half of the new contributors do this, guess they contribute by being sheep and the other half don't even use the forums).

 

On 7/13/2016 at 3:22 PM, Elie said:

Do not post "good luck" on this thread (or any thread for that matter). 

 

Unless you have something reasonable to add, don't post.

Unfortunately, this is only against the rules if the thread hasn't had any activity in 90 days.

 

??? Whatever. -_-

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
12 hours ago, Elie said:

 

Unfortunately, this is only against the rules if the thread hasn't had any activity in 90 days.

 

??? Whatever. -_-

 

That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard, I think the guidelines should be updated, so someone just does not simply increase his post count, but anyways I don't care much.

 

Good luck to anyone entering, I will make sure I win one of the contests.. as usual, unfortunate for you :v

  • Award 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
14 hours ago, Elie said:

Unfortunately, this is only against the rules if the thread hasn't had any activity in 90 days.

??? Whatever. -_-

 

I honestly think posting 'good luck' in SOME threads in the Contests & Events section is fine.

But for the Suggestions section, where people post "good idea" or "good suggestion" is not.

 

Suggestion section is supposed to be a place to post ideas so that it CAN be discussed, giving positive feedbacks or negative criticism; saying 'good idea' is not feedback, if you don't explain as to why you think it is good.

 

But for threads like this, where you inform users of certain events/contests, saying "good luck and have fun" is fine.

But for other threads such as 'background design", posting "good luck" is NOT fine, since you're effectively spamming the thread making it impossible or at least extremely difficult to see entries.

 

/throwaway account

 

Edit: Reason for using throwaway account is because these type of opinions lead to arguments, whether you're debating for one side, the other wont be so happy. I don't want those feelings attached to my main account. (;

  • Award 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Members
Just now, Dad said:

 

I honestly think posting 'good luck' in SOME threads in the Contests & Events section is fine

But for the Suggestions section, where people post "good idea" or "good suggestion" is not.

 

Suggestion section is supposed to be a place to post ideas so that it CAN be discussed, giving positive feedbacks or negative criticism; saying 'good idea' is not feedback, if you don't explain as to why you think it is good.

 

For threads like this, where you announce events to inform users, saying "good luck and have fun" is fine.

But for other threads such as 'background design", posting "good luck" is NOT fine, since you're effectively spamming the thread making it impossible or at least extremely difficult to see entries.

We should probably not talk about this here, as it's off topic.

 

Kitten week please 

 

Cat Pokemon week pls

 

Anything with felines

 

Pokemon sun and Moon week (but sun wins because the legendary is a lion)

  • Award 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Steven pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Members

This week (or basically weekend now) will be MEDIEVAL WEEK at xat.com/game.

af52a0786ab349fc9b57db186e1e526c.png 

All the contests listed above will be Medieval themed if the name of the themed week didn't help you figure that out already.

You may only win one of the contests per day.

If you have any questions about the timezones or contests just reply here or private chat me at game.

 

If you have any suggestions for themed weeks we'd be happy to see them posted on this thread.

Also thank you @Meow@Paya and @Immortal for donating towards the event!!!

 

  • Award 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Meow said:

What is the difference between Guess the Doodle and Guess the Person?

Guess the Doodle is when the host draws anything on doodle and you guess it, it could be anything random such as a rock or stick (in this case it would be medieval themed).

Guess the Person is when there's a famous person/character and the host posts hints about the person/character and basically you guess who it is. 

For example if the host said "Hint 1) This person had a legendary sword which is called Excalibur or Caliburn" the answer would be "King Arthur".

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Members
25 minutes ago, Chelly said:

Guess the Doodle is when the host draws anything on doodle and you guess it, it could be anything random such as a rock or stick (in this case it would be medieval themed).

Guess the Person is when there's a famous person/character and the host posts hints about the person/character and basically you guess who it is. 

For example if the host said "Hint 1) This person had a legendary sword which is called Excalibur or Caliburn" the answer would be "King Arthur".

 

Ohhh. Now I understand. Will you draw Arthur the Great? Lol

  • Award 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Members

This has been scheduled to next week instead due to short notice and most staff being busy, here is a updated schedule(this will probably be updated within the week too)

7df36b126f974ba18bfa64d3f4c5fd01.png

Instead of Medieval Week this weekend(10th & 11th) we'll be doing games as usual which will be posted on the other thread soon.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Steven unpinned this topic
  • Steven locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.