598 MAIN

SLOom

• LaFleur pinned, featured and unpinned this topic
  • Wiki Translators

This is an easy way to add main owners but is it a power ? this should be an option only and @LaFleur has already talked about it here 

i think this topic shouldn't be posted here in NEW POWER TESTING forum,  it's already mentioned in @LaFleur's topic is enough.

I don't know if you're talked about it cuz i didn't come to the forum much time these days i'm busy a little bit, if you remember i talked in my topic here about removing a main owner 

so if i want to remove a co main owner is it enough to remove his name from the list ?  Thank you

Edited by Maxo

• Volunteers
16 minutes ago, Maxo said:

i think this topic shouldn't be posted here in NEW POWER TESTING forum,  it's already mentioned in @LaFleur's topic is enough.

We did another thread to announce publicly this new MAIN power. I don't see a problem to have another thread for that since it was mainly planned this way with Lafleur.

If you had read properly, MAIN power allows you to add custom permissions instead of full permissions.

2 hours ago, Toby said:

can I do this power if it is also set for admin? if the main owner wants to give access to admin

What do you mean? You don't need the power to add another main. This is just required if you want to add custom permissions.

Edited by SLOom

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, SLOom said:

We did another thread to announce publicly this new MAIN power. I don't see a problem to have another thread for that since it was mainly planned this way with Lafleur.

If you had read properly, MAIN power allows you to add custom permissions instead of full permissions.

What do you mean? You don't need the power to add another main. This is just required if you want to add custom permissions.

http://prntscr.com/tfs0ng  for the main owner it can be used like this, until there is a good link there, is it power for everyone or just another main owner then?

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Toby said:

is it power for everyone or just another main owner then?

It's a group power which also the manager (manager = the person who logins with group password to the edit page) to add selective permissions when adding a new main owner.

You can also add main owners without this power, but if you do so, it gives the new main owner full permissions (appearance, tabs, settings, group powers).

7oIBhww.gif

Once you assign and activate the (Main) group power, you can select which permissions you want to give. For example, you can add the user "LaFleur" as main owner with the permissions for "appearance" and "tabs" only.

HudkXGM.png

So if LaFleur is logging in to the new edit group with the user account password (not group password!), only the "appearance" and "tabs" pages will be visible.

Ir9OAse.png

• Advanced Members

Hi, I don´t want to contradict this idea, because it's interesting and very useful, but I don't think it has to be power.
It has to be something free, where everyone can use, I honestly don't think about myself, I don't care so much about myself, how I care about people, not everyone has xats, days to complete all the chat group powers, to be nice chat with all active powers.

Yes, I know the price can be 100 - 1000 xats, but did you calculate all the group powers how many xats you need? - Almost 50 000 xats. oh right, you didn´t know.

It is just an opinion, it must be treated as such.

Regards

• Award 1

• Volunteers
2 hours ago, Toby said:

main is go free     why need powers ?

In the new xat you can give main owner to your friend without sharing password (more secure)

And with the new main power, you can decide what your main owner friend can do. Edit only pages? Edit group powers only? etc.

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

Hey, what if your group password + your xat account password are the same? Are they case sensitive? Which would work, the password entered as the group password, or the xat account password?

What if INCIDENTALLY your xat account password is exactly the same as another Main Owner's (set by main power)? What would happen? Might I suggest a dialogue box that can say something like:

Spoiler

"This password is linked to multiple xat accounts. Pick the account that is yours."

H********e

B*******t

Then after clicking your name, as an additional security measure, you get an email with a link to verify your identity, then when you follow the email link you would have access to YOUR Main Owner permissions in that chat group.

Edited by HelperNate
Added another question + suggestion
  • Award 1

• Volunteers
3 hours ago, HelperNate said:

What if INCIDENTALLY your xat account password is exactly the same as another Main Owner's (set by main power)? What would happen? Might I suggest a dialogue box that can say something like:

We do send another data to the backend (passHash/deviceId) to know which account to check. Even if you have the same password as someone else, it doesnt matter.

• Crow unfeatured and locked this topic