Arabic Numbers

Jasmine

• Bot Service Providers

Nice suggestion, I agree with everything.

And I guess this issue isn't related to fonts (not sure!!), but as I seen right now, xat isn't setting language & direction properly on pages (and embed.html - html5 chats)

How it would be:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.98ce3c64a43732dfd3373b60a1cfde69.png

Actually it's:

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.b6563a29e82536dda79657d87a852852.png

Edited by xLaming
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
9 minutes ago, xLaming said:

Nice suggestion, I agree with everything.

And I guess this issue isn't related to fonts (not sure!!), but as I seen right now, xat isn't setting language & direction properly on pages (and embed.html - html5 chats)

How it would be:

Screenshot_2.thumb.png.98ce3c64a43732dfd3373b60a1cfde69.png

Actually it's:

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.b6563a29e82536dda79657d87a852852.png

I can see that the Arabic text that has "xat?" in it is RTL in the current version which is the most important part, but for example, the

• (Promoted chats) is not RTL.
  • Follow xat: [social media links]: is not RTL.

It would be nice to see such things fixed but its not as important as the chat itself due to the huge confusion we usually go through if we include an English text in the message or start the message with a number.

Edited by Jasmine

• Advanced Members
15 minutes ago, Junior said:

Can you post a text snip with the paragraphs you posted in your examples for us to test? (with the arabic numbers, so we can reproduce what you guys experience)

I will show you an example on how it should look, and how it looks currently.

The correct text when I write it using the right to left format in Microsoft Word:

The arrow indicates how we read the text in Arabic.

FqooF6H.png

What shows in xat due to the automatic Left to Right format:
Z8KHNuM.png

(I wrote the number 2 first and then began typing Arabic)

To make it more familiar in English this is an example:

2 People went to the park (Which is correct!)

What we see in Arabic when we write the same thing but we begin with a number:

People went to the park 2. (Which is confusing due to the automatic Left-To-Right in xat messages)

Arabic text(Just add a number before you paste the text & you will reproduce the aforementioned):
ذهبوا الى الحديقة

http://textsnip.com/vfsc28

You can use these tools to switch between RTL & LTR in Microsoft Word:

aQ179O2.png

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

Actually, there's already an option in google chrome that I just remembered.

Right click the message box and go to " Write Direction ", select Right to Left (It will work immediately) but when you send it... it sends to the chat as the default LTR

PUfMXbv.png

• Like 1

• Advanced Members

the problem of  right and left problem in arabic language is already fixed in html5 so  when you type arabic in html5 will show in right way 

this bug was only in flash version 

• Advanced Members
25 minutes ago, theFlower said:

http://prntscr.com/tdczzf from right to left  

the correct way  in  arabic already fixed in html5  so no bug at it  but in flash we cant fix thiss bug anymore 

if you want correct way  you can use html5 

Nothing is new, we are aware of this & you really missed the point here Flower, if you re-read the thread you will know that the issue is in RTL/LTR so we're talking about the cases where you begin your paragraph with a number or with an English word.

Edited by Jasmine

• Advanced Members
On 7/6/2020 at 6:53 PM, Jasmine said:

Hello,

synonymouses:

RTL = Right to Left

LTR = Left to right.

First of all the Arabic language is a RTL language, and like some other languages it has its own numbers as shown here:

MB07PmZ.png

The problem:

When I write Arabic in the chat, it shows English/European numbers (That actually descended from the west Arabic :$ ) by default and I don't mind it, but the problem occurs when I write an Arabic paragraph starting with a number .

Example:

uxkNOdd.png

RED (wrong): When I began with a number, the number stuck all the way to the left no matter what I write because the number is English (LTR) and the rest of the paragraph is Arabic (RTL).

Green (Correct): When I started with an Arabic letter before the number, the whole paragraph continued as RTL because the beginning was an Arabic letter.

Video Example:

https://i.imgur.com/A6l76rD.mp4

*Same issue occurs when you start with an English word then continue with an Arabic paragraph, it will be stuck all the way at the left which would make the whole paragraph hard to understand.

Any Arabic user can relate to this issue.

Suggestions for a fix:

• Use an Arabic font that uses the Arabic numbers when written in the text box which would solve the RTL problem.
  • Using javascript to detect if a character in the message box is RTL, and if it detected any it should convert the whole text to RTL automatically.  Reference

Not only Arabic, there are 8 languages that are being written from Right to Left, hence why its important to look into this matter!

Regards,

Stay safe.

Although I don't understand the problem very much , I think there is a problem for your language and I support you  : )))