Don't know the email to an account i'm trying to recover.

NewDerpL

Question

• Members

been actually years now since i've logged into the account i'm trying to recover which is: Derp(93221172) <-- the ID to this account used to be on "derpsnewid" and the Derp account ID was: 353162332; The account Derpsnewid(353162332) is also on hold if that could be fixed as well cause i'm not sure if i have powers on there or not or if they're all on Derp(93221172)

i did check the emails that i think might be linked to it and it says that the emails aren't valid. I don't know what email is linked to Derp and i could use a hint i don't think i had any other recovery linked to the account or if i did its all old.

I can DM a vol or staff some of the emails that MIGHT be linked to them problem is i can't check old emails cause all my emails are wiped on all my yahoo emails expect my oldest one which i know isn't linked to the account i wanna recover.

If you wanna open a ticket for me cause i can't do that either without buying xats I've tried many different times that'll work as well then we can talk details about the account | I no longer live where i used to so that might be an issue with the recovery.

Edited by NewDerpL

5 answers to this question

• Moderators

You can check if there's a xat account linked to an e-mail by using the lostpass tool. Just go to the main page, click the "lost password/username" tab, do the captcha, type the e-mail address and click "forgot password". You would have to do that process for each e-mail you remember. If there's a xat account linked to it, you will get an e-mail with the subject: "xat chat user: USERNAME - Reset password".

If that doesn't work, you will need to create an alternative xat account in order to open a ticket under the "Lost Access" department. You can do that by clicking register at the top right corner. If you want, you can open it under "Derpsnewid (353162332)" but, assuming that you already have a ticket for your "hold", you would have to wait for a response, which would close your ticket, in order to open another one. To open a ticket under "Lost Access", after logged in, do the steps below:

• Open a new ticket here;
  • Type your username and password;
  • Type the e-mail associated with the alternative account;
  • Select the help topic "Lost Access";
  • Type the subject, remember it has to be at least 5 words;
  • Type the message describing your issue;
  • Click on open ticket.

Once the ticket is open, just wait for an answer.

• Members
7 hours ago, Stif said:

You can check if there's a xat account linked to an e-mail by using the lostpass tool. Just go to the main page, click the "lost password/username" tab, do the captcha, type the e-mail address and click "forgot password". You would have to do that process for each e-mail you remember. If there's a xat account linked to it, you will get an e-mail with the subject: "xat chat user: USERNAME - Reset password".

If that doesn't work, you will need to create an alternative xat account in order to open a ticket under the "Lost Access" department. You can do that by clicking register at the top right corner. If you want, you can open it under "Derpsnewid (353162332)" but, assuming that you already have a ticket for your "hold", you would have to wait for a response, which would close your ticket, in order to open another one. To open a ticket under "Lost Access", after logged in, do the steps below:

• Open a new ticket here;
  • Type your username and password;
  • Type the e-mail associated with the alternative account;
  • Select the help topic "Lost Access";
  • Type the subject, remember it has to be at least 5 words;
  • Type the message describing your issue;
  • Click on open ticket.

Once the ticket is open, just wait for an answer.

1: i tried to open a ticket and i stated in big bold letters that i can't open a ticket 

2: i've tried all emails that i THINK might be linked to it already and all of them say it isn't hence the HINT part needed

3: I'm pretty sure i need an email to do the "Lost access" topic 

4: I do have access to Derpnewid but i don't think i can create a ticket on there either cause i don't have a forums account for it.

Don't mean to sound like an A'hole but I've been trying to get this account back for a few days now and the help seems to be getting less and less everyday.

All i wanna do is recover my account and it seems like that isn't being done.

Edited by NewDerpL

• Moderators

To open a ticket, you must be logged in in the account you're going to open the ticket with.

Did you login before doing the steps I said above? Are you using the incognito mode of your browser? Did you try creating another xat account with a new e-mail to then open the ticket? 

• Members
1 minute ago, Stif said:

To open a ticket, you must be logged in in the account you're going to open the ticket with.

Did you login before doing the steps I said above? Are you using the incognito mode of your browser? Did you try creating another xat account with a new e-mail to then open the ticket? 

yeah i got the ticket up now, thanks

can close this down Vol's / Staff.