Group Powers Option Disabled

R0B

Question

• Contributors

Hello, I have a problem for a long time in the flash version.
When I go to edit, "tick or untick" the group powers, they all seem disabled to me, and when I hover over it, it shows me a red circle icon. What is this about?

HJy6Nea.png 

For now the only solution that "fixes" it is to 1. Unassign the powers  >  2. Reset the chat  >  3. Reassign them  + "configure each one again in settings". (After this, a few days pass, I go back to edit and it shows the same problem again).
It is very annoying. Any solution? Or why does that happen?

7 answers to this question

• Contributors

Done! In the past several times I cleared cache and did all kinds of cleaning and it didn't fix it.

I asked other people to see if the same thing had ever happened to them, and they said yes, (they are those types of people who don't have an account on the forum or don't even know it exists). Maybe that's why this problem has not been raised.

For you to have a reference, this happens almost from 2018 (or before maybe), I thought "only in flash" and that's why I decided to use the html edition now, but here is the same problem.

Some notes:
-Not fixed by clearing cache
-It is not fixed by resetting the chat, or unassing and assign them all again.
- I realized something: it usually happens when the same person who assigned the powers is the same person who configures the group powers within the edition, and for that person they all appear disabled.
- Based on the previous point, the only way (for now), that this problem doesn't happen so much, is that a person assign them and that a different person configures them from the chat edition.(That's what a friend does, and it's the only thing that works for now, but not entirely).

Btw, PD: When the person who originally assigned them re-enters the chat edit and has this problem again, and sees them "disabled", the next person who enters the edit will see it (same), disabled too.

I hope that a solution is found soon for this, because I swear it has me green!  (wailing)

• Moderators

Can you assign/unassing them using the new edit instead and see if it still happen?

Just add ?new at the end of your chat URL, hover group at top right, click "customize", type your chat's password and click "group powers".

• Contributors

I tried that, in every way!

The same problem happens to me in html. They appear disabled, this time I tried to import the "Xatp" file that I saved, and I got that red sign. (As if they were not assigned, but in fact they were). So ... I must manually unassign them again, reset the chat, and reassign them so that "they are enabled again". And later? The problem is repeated.

p4pSB9x.png

In this capture it is assumed that it is already assigned, when in the xat configuration it says "I must assign them"

LyjviJq.png

It's been a long time with this same problem, I honestly can't find a way to fix it! Neither in flash nor in html...

• Advanced Members
34 minutes ago, RobFerrari said:

In this capture it is assumed that it is already assigned, when in the xat configuration it says "I must assign them"

LyjviJq.png

What this means its basically you have the power assigned in other chat. Go to xat.com/Login and check the group tab, check where the powers are assigned and remove them.

• Contributors
5 hours ago, Leandro said:

What this means its basically you have the power assigned in other chat. Go to xat.com/Login and check the group tab, check where the powers are assigned and remove them.

No, I never assign powers in another room. In the capture the gkaoani appears "as a reference" as an example, but really this problem is with all the powers. The problem is not assign or unassign, (this works fine), the problem is within the group's power settings, they are shown again as if none were assigned when in fact they are.

So, I must enter the chat again to unassign each one, reset the chat, and reassign them, "so fix it" but only at that moment. Then hours or minutes later I enter the configuration again and they are all disabled again, when they are still assigned. (meh)

• Moderators

Unassign all your powers from your chat, reset your chat, clear your browser's cache, restart your browser, login again to make sure that there are no powers assigned anywhere (if the group tab show up in the login page, then there are powers assigned somewhere, if it doesn't, then there isn't), assign them again and then set each by each without using a backup file.

If it happens again, answer this topic with all the steps to make this happen, any detail you can remember, and I will try to reproduce it here to make sure that it's a bug.