Alternate xat e-mail

VideoGameSurveyor

• Advanced Members

Restarting this thread I made a while back in the old forum.

A lot of people come into the help chat saying they either cannot access their e-mail (lost password, provider shut down) or just forgot their e-mail.
Wouldn't it be great if we could add an alternate e-mail to our account to better prevent that?

Maybe restrict it to paid users?

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I don't see why there isn't an alternative e-mail option, especially when you're registering your account.

I would support this; so people wouldn't lose their accounts as often, and can recover them if needed.

• Advanced Members

It would add another layer of security to accounts. The issue would be if an individual forgot their main email and their secondary email to their account. It would cause an greater issue in situations like that. 

• Advanced Members
Just now, Stah said:

I don't see why not. Although if they can't remember their main email, what's the chances they can remember the second?

Usually better than the first.

• Advanced Members

Well I like this suggestion. But I have a different suggestion here it's sort of the same but has a new addition. What if admins make you capable of viewing your email addresses through typing your xat account password somewhere on the login page and then your emails show in a small box that includes the main email and the alternative one. This suggestion would decrease the amount of the opened ticket under lost access help topic for those people who forget their email along with VGS suggestion the alternative email in case one of the emails gets deleted.

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Onlinee said:

Well I like this suggestion. But I have a different suggestion here it's sort of the same but has a new addition. What if admins make you capable of viewing your email addresses through typing your xat account password somewhere on the login page and then your emails show in a small box that includes the main email and the alternative one. This suggestion would decrease the amount of the opened ticket under lost access help topic for those people who forget their email along with VGS suggestion the alternative email in case one of the emails gets deleted.

If they wanted this they wouldn't have removed the email from being viewable on login in view source, instead they would have made it public. Clearly they don't want to, so the best we can do is offer other solutions.

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Stah said:

If they wanted this they wouldn't have removed the email from being viewable on login in view source, instead they would have made it public. Clearly they don't want to, so the best we can do is offer other solutions.

Well if you can only view your emails via your account password then the emails should be encrypted and can't be viewed on such a thing, if I'm not mistaken.

• Advanced Members

Nice suggestion though but i agree.

What if someone got access on your email changed your recovery alternate address? 

I think i'd like xat add a phone number security check code like in gmail than auth.

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Sydno said:

@Onlinee It would be like a page that asks you your password and then gives you your email ?

That's not a bad idea but most of time people who had forgotten their email need it because they also forgot their password...

Precisely.

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, 6 said:

What if someone got access on your email changed your recovery alternate address? 

I think i'd like xat add a phone number security check code like in gmail than auth.

Yes, as stah said, if they forgot their main email, whats the chances they remember the second one, so it would be better if xat add a phone number security when you are registering your account.

• Wiki Editors

This is not a bad suggestion at all. However, Stah made a good point so I guess having your own answer for security questions would be more helpful than this.

Example of security questions: "What's the name of your first dog?",  "What's your first teacher's name?" etc.

• Award 1

• Wiki Translators
12 hours ago, 6 said:

Yeah, that would be good.

• 1 month later...
  • Advanced Members
On 6/3/2016 at 2:55 AM, Arthur said:

Example of security questions: "What's the name of your first dog?",  "What's your first teacher's name?" etc.

Same question are asking in yahoo :$  when u make a new yahoo .  

Like something strong :p   .  

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
31 minutes ago, Marya11211 said:

Same question are asking in yahoo :$  when u make a new yahoo .  

Like something strong :p   .  

Maybe something like when did you first join xat? What was your first xat power? When did you first buy xats? Personal questions like that.