Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Members

Restarting this thread I made a while back in the old forum.

 

A lot of people come into the help chat saying they either cannot access their e-mail (lost password, provider shut down) or just forgot their e-mail.
Wouldn't it be great if we could add an alternate e-mail to our account to better prevent that?

Maybe restrict it to paid users?

  • Award 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Wiki Editors

I don't see why there isn't an alternative e-mail option, especially when you're registering your account.

I would support this; so people wouldn't lose their accounts as often, and can recover them if needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members

It would add another layer of security to accounts. The issue would be if an individual forgot their main email and their secondary email to their account. It would cause an greater issue in situations like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Wiki Editors
Just now, Stah said:

I don't see why not. Although if they can't remember their main email, what's the chances they can remember the second?

Usually better than the first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members

Well I like this suggestion. But I have a different suggestion here it's sort of the same but has a new addition. What if admins make you capable of viewing your email addresses through typing your xat account password somewhere on the login page and then your emails show in a small box that includes the main email and the alternative one. This suggestion would decrease the amount of the opened ticket under lost access help topic for those people who forget their email along with VGS suggestion the alternative email in case one of the emails gets deleted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Wiki Editors
2 minutes ago, Onlinee said:

Well I like this suggestion. But I have a different suggestion here it's sort of the same but has a new addition. What if admins make you capable of viewing your email addresses through typing your xat account password somewhere on the login page and then your emails show in a small box that includes the main email and the alternative one. This suggestion would decrease the amount of the opened ticket under lost access help topic for those people who forget their email along with VGS suggestion the alternative email in case one of the emails gets deleted.

 

If they wanted this they wouldn't have removed the email from being viewable on login in view source, instead they would have made it public. Clearly they don't want to, so the best we can do is offer other solutions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Stah said:

 

If they wanted this they wouldn't have removed the email from being viewable on login in view source, instead they would have made it public. Clearly they don't want to, so the best we can do is offer other solutions.

Well if you can only view your emails via your account password then the emails should be encrypted and can't be viewed on such a thing, if I'm not mistaken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members

Nice suggestion though but i agree.

 

What if someone got access on your email changed your recovery alternate address? 

 

I think i'd like xat add a phone number security check code like in gmail than auth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteers

@Onlinee It would be like a page that asks you your password and then gives you your email ?

 

That's not a bad idea but most of time people who had forgotten their email need it because they also forgot their password...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Wiki Editors
1 minute ago, Sydno said:

@Onlinee It would be like a page that asks you your password and then gives you your email ?

 

That's not a bad idea but most of time people who had forgotten their email need it because they also forgot their password...

 

Precisely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members
3 hours ago, 6 said:

Nice suggestion though but i agree.

 

What if someone got access on your email changed your recovery alternate address? 

 

I think i'd like xat add a phone number security check code like in gmail than auth.

Yes, as stah said, if they forgot their main email, whats the chances they remember the second one, so it would be better if xat add a phone number security when you are registering your account.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Wiki Translators

This is not a bad suggestion at all. However, Stah made a good point so I guess having your own answer for security questions would be more helpful than this.

Example of security questions: "What's the name of your first dog?",  "What's your first teacher's name?" etc.

  • Award 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Contributors
12 hours ago, 6 said:

Nice suggestion though but i agree.

 

What if someone got access on your email changed your recovery alternate address? 

 

I think i'd like xat add a phone number security check code like in gmail than auth.

Yeah, that would be good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Members
On 6/3/2016 at 2:55 AM, Arthur said:

 

Example of security questions: "What's the name of your first dog?",  "What's your first teacher's name?" etc.

Same question are asking in yahoo :$  when u make a new yahoo .  

Like something strong :p   .  

  • Award 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Members
31 minutes ago, Marya11211 said:

Same question are asking in yahoo :$  when u make a new yahoo .  

Like something strong :p   .  

Maybe something like when did you first join xat? What was your first xat power? When did you first buy xats? Personal questions like that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.