xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

Additional translate button and staying online longtime on Html5

DUYGU

• Advanced Members

For easy access, for the convenience of people, as in the old version, the html5 version should have a translater button, and the translate button should be in the upper left corner of the screen when people enter the html5 room, peoples should trying search to with an addition translater button. I see people asking where the translate button is. people should be able to access the visible translater easily with one click. Searching for translators is a waste of time. It is absurd to easily not reach the translator anyway. 

In a second point I want to mention here, I am an helper, I see that I fell out of the html5 room when helping people in other rooms, see that otomatic I am exited. I suggest extending online times on html5 and I want a study on this. Is this possible or not in html5?

Edited by DUYGU
  • Award 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

You don't actually have to write translator in the chat to enable translator! 

• Click your name
  • Settings
  • Translator

I think where it is in the settings page is very good, no need to add more tabs anywhere.

The new design simply looks good and clean!

Thanks for your suggestion though! 

• Award 1

1 minute ago, Jasminex said:

You don't actually have to write translator in the chat to enable translator! 

• Click your name
  • Settings
  • Translator

I think where it is in the settings page is very good, no need to add more tabs anywhere.

The new design simply looks good and clean!

Thanks for your suggestion though! 

I know that "Translator" works only if you are a Subscriber though. Does it work for registered users too?

• Advanced Members
5 minutes ago, Alexius_ said:

I know that "Translator" works only if you are a Subscriber though. Does it work for registered users too?

You must be a subscribed user to be able to use the translator yes, nothing has changed.

Registered users without subscription days would get this message:

n58rJI7.png

• Advanced Members

Actually, the problem here is that there is no one-click translate button that we can easily reach. There is a need for such a button in sight.In general, I can not see such a button. Wouldn't it be better if there was this translater button in a visible part of the html5 room? is this not possible? In the old version, we was could click the button on the left side of the screen and immediately reach the translator with one click.

Edited by DUYGU
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
Just now, DUYGU said:

Actually, the problem here is that there is no one-click translate button that we can easily reach. There is a need for such a button in sight.In general, I can not see such a button. Wouldn't it be better if there was this translater button in a visible part of the html5 room? is this not possible?

You're always a simple 3 clicks away from the translator! I don't like the old version compared to the new one, there's no point of a side-panel on the left showing me the settings  that I configured an hour ago.

Having the translator work in the background once you configure it using the new design is wonderful!

Thanks for your suggestions though! You always come up with great ideas.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
58 minutes ago, Jasminex said:

You're always a simple 3 clicks away from the translator! I don't like the old version compared to the new one, there's no point of a side-panel on the left showing me the settings  that I configured an hour ago.

Having the translator work in the background once you configure it using the new design is wonderful!

Thanks for your suggestions though! You always come up with great ideas.

You know what and where, but may not everyone knows, there are people who know the old version and are used to the old version, there are people who have yet seen the html5 version, also there are those who return to xat, they should be considered, it would be easier for them, it would be easier if there was a button that says translater on it and appears on the screen. There is a time difference between writing the ''translater'' word on the main page on html5 and reaching the translator and clicking the translater button. I think translate access is more difficult. Also, The translator does not work when I click on the settings you specified above.

Edited by DUYGU

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, DUYGU said:

You know what and where, but may not everyone knows, there are people who know the old version and are used to the old version, there are people who have yet seen the html5 version, also there are those who return to xat, they should be considered, it would be easier for them, it would be easier if there was a button that says translater on it and appears on the screen. There is a time difference between writing the ''translater'' word on the main page and reaching the translator and clicking the translater button.

I understand your point of view, people will eventually get used to the new design and current users are supposed to watch the news and follow the updates of HTML5 if they don't want to stay in the dark.

New users can always learn more from the wiki or ask questions in any of the official help chats.

By 2021 Flash will be unsupported and dead in most browsers, so everyone will be using HTML5 sooner or later.

Would be a good idea to start exploring it now! (:

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

Hello Duygu,

xat experienced a lot of change in the past especially 2006 - 2012. One change from that time was the side app buttons being added. The first app was the "user slideshow", a primitive version of the "grid" app, which was, along with it's button, first on the right hand side of the screen, not the left. The buttons got put to the right hand side and the admins started programming all close to all the side apps we know and love now in the time 2008 - 2012 like a two-men-army.

The layout of the chat group rooms changed a little from time to time in these years and didn't at all in 2013 - 2019 besides "forum" and "wiki" buttons being added in the top bar. And looking at our competition sites or just other social sites in general, like youtube, you can see how much they changed design and layout in the past. Some users always complained about change, but in the end it was good – just looking at the fact that youtube is the most widely used social video site until today.

Try to see it in the positive way that xat FINALLY updates it's technology and layout besides rushing new powers all the time.

The app buttons being stuck  to the corners of the screen and the apps opening so close to the corner of the screen was OK and looked good back in the days of 2007 - 2009 when xat's side app buttons came to be, considering monitors being smaller back then and in part still good old square shaped (computer/laptop monitors used resolutions of 1024x768, 1366x768 , 1280x1024 or 1600x1000 back then). Nowadays, with people using xat on minimum 1080p and maximum 5k devices, that is not anymore the case, since one must do endless tours with their mouse to reach from the chat box to the app button and cross their eyes to watch a so far away youtube video while chatting.

To find all the apps on the HTML5 box and room, click the sphere with the 4 coloured squares on it, which can be found in the chat next to the 8ball. It will open the apps overview, which includes translator and everything. This is much better for today's times of giant monitor resolutions. I'm very happy and proud about what is happening on xat the past few months and it only reminds me of those golden days back in 2006 - 2012 when xat became so popular to have MILLIONS of people around the world to chat to. As stated the site back then experienced a lot of changes (and these changes weren't always new powers, far from that).

xat was ahead of them all in those golden days with millions of people to chat to worldwide and two dedicated, fun-having admins. But since then, the tables got turned and xat started lacking behind competitors. Until now...

Edit: the translator app isn't in the apps view as of now. It is yet to be developed and added, as it seems. Soon ...

Best, Voyd

Edited by Voymo
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members

Yes I understood. yes I'm trying to get used to it. it will nice to see innovates on html5. So what do you think about online stay time, is the online stay time sufficient, can the online stay time be extended in the html5?

• Advanced Members

Duygu wanted to state that we get used to the old version and it was easy to open the translator from the left side list of apps but at the same time it got improved into the new version of HTML5 as the settings are configured while you are connected and no longer need to be always appearing while being used and we should keep up with the new version as it will be more comfortable because of its features that's still getting improved.(victory)

Regarding staying online duration I think it should be extended a bit. (wary)

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Nathan said:

I really only get signed out after sitting for 10-15 minutes inactive in a chat. 
i don’t really see why this needs increased. We don’t want campers all the time no?

Yes, I agree with you. There are xat users in the rooms waiting motionlessly without doing anything. Please don't think I'm like a camper please! I am always trying to chating and try to helping in the rooms. I am not a person who is constantly looking motionlessly at the same screen. because there are times when I help more than one person and more than one help and chat room. It is really hard to be active constantly in more than one chat room, because I not try to ignore everyone who wants to chat with me and people who want help. first ago when I return to the room where I was online, I see that I was exited. I open 10 chat and help rooms at the same time. I try to keep them all online at the same time. I certainly do a lot all of the day and I certainly make a lot of activities in all of them all o the day.

• Bot Service Providers

Well,

I would like to see something like this added, but instead of adding a word clickable or enabling translator, well, why not "select & translate" easily?

You select a text or phrase and it will show a button called "Translate", you click it and based on the language you set in Translator settings & current chat settings, it'll be able to translate and show in a tooltip.

Easy, no?

• Like 1

• Advanced Members
On 6/20/2020 at 2:59 PM, xLaming said:

Well,

I would like to see something like this added, but instead of adding a word clickable or enabling translator, well, why not "select & translate" easily?

You select a text or phrase and it will show a button called "Translate", you click it and based on the language you set in Translator settings & current chat settings, it'll be able to translate and show in a tooltip.

Easy, no?

Yes, this is actually a good idea. It can be an idea that we can instantly translate the word we want with a Translate button, maybe this idea can be made because innovations continue to be brought to the new version of HTML5. Yes, I agree with you. The translation is very easy with the "Select and Translate" button. translation becomes instant.

• Award 1