name limit

Question

10 answers to this question

• Advanced Members

As it has been said before, 

For now, you can only add 128 chars in your name in the HTML5 version. (That's why it gets cut)

This limit may be increased in a future release.

• Award 1
  • Members
14 minutes ago, Leandro said:

As it has been said before, 

For now, you can only add 128 chars in your name in the HTML5 version. (That's why it gets cut)

This limit may be increased in a future release.

I took out an emoticon and it's fine

• Thanks 1
  • Wiki Translators

I really hope this will be increased again. Some people want to have a name with a cool combined smiley, a complex namegrad and a hat, which often exceeds 128 chars.

xat's smiley combining, name colouring and pawns were what made it special after all. Some of your decisions I don't understand. 

Edited by Voymo
  • Wiki Translators
1 hour ago, Toby said:

has it decreased more?

No, I just tested and it went up to 128 characters without an issue. You can use a character counter online to tell you exactly if you exceeded the 128 characters or not.

• Award 1
  • Members
11 minutes ago, Jasmine said:

No, I just tested and it went up to 128 characters without an issue. You can use a character counter online to tell you exactly if you exceeded the 128 characters or not.

http://prntscr.com/tc390t          put it alone after login, space in the name

Edited by Toby
  • Volunteers

The question or questions in this topic have been answered and an answer has been marked. This topic is now closed.

If you have any other questions, please open a new topic.