xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

We Can Create New Famous Person Pawn Color

VaLsteiN

• Advanced Members

As it is known, there were previously Famous or Blue (Celebrity) colored pawns, and the people who were entitled to get it were usually famous people using such social media like Twitter, Instagram Facebook, Youtuber.

i think xat users have the right to ask for it

I have 2 types of formulas here : 

first formula  :  I believe that people who are well known in xat should be entitled to receive it, even among voters who can be made in the form of voting. ( for Cyan pawn)

second formula : here, a new pawn color can be selected, only available to well-known users from xat.  that is, users who are famous in xat.com

If we can not use Cyan, I suggest making a new Pawn color and I offer this to be used by famous people in xat.com

thanks everyone  :)

Edited by Valstein
  • Award 5
  • Like 3

• Advanced Members

It's a cool idea to then get an additional pawn colour for free. But it's not that easy to determine what person is "famous" and what not. Maybe volunteers and/or smiley makers who've been doing their job since years? As a form of reward?

There has also always been the problem of one being "locked" to the cyan pawn once they had it, meaning no powers whatsoever could change their pawn (I know that from Techrax). But with the HTML5 box, maybe we could change that.

• Done! 1

• Advanced Members

I understand the suggestion, but there are some issues here.

Who would determine who gets the pawn?

How would it be determined?

What’s the criteria?

What is the overall point of it?

I could see something being added to distinguish the Volunteers, being as it’s pretty important to know if you’re talking to one or not, but you could always verify via wiki/Volunteers.

I feel like I requested something like that in the past, but admin wasn’t too fond of it.

Overall I don’t think it’s worth the headache that would come along; people would be screaming favoritism and bias until they’re blue in the face.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I understand the suggestion, but there are some issues here.

What’s the criteria?

I could see something being added to distinguish the Volunteers, being as it’s pretty important to know if you’re talking to one or not, but you could always verify via wiki/Volunteers.

I feel like I requested something like that in the past, but admin wasn’t too fond of it.

Overall I don’t think it’s worth the headache that would come along; people would be screaming favoritism and bias until they’re blue in the face.

there is nothing we can't do if we struggle and insist and  If the proposal is accepted, the questions you ask are determined at the next stage.

What’s the criteria?

• Advanced Members
25 minutes ago, Kyle said:

What’s the criteria?

@Kyle How about who has the most fans? (rolleyes)
You're right, it was something similar discussed in the past.

• Award 1

• Moderators

Celebrity pawn was made for true celebrity persons. People known not only in the spheres of xat, but in the television, streaming media, social networks, among others. If xat starts to give special pawn to well-known xat users, there will be a "war". The diversity of parameters to be considered, the number of people who will submit for it, who would judge who deserves it, this would be a huge mess, and honestly, not worth it.

xat's sphere of "famous" people can be considered small compared to television, streaming, etc. There are not enough people to consider that a user here has a fan base on the site, which means that this would be a good environment for favoritism and bias, like @Kyle said.

I appreciate that you sent your suggestion, suggestions are always welcome to improve the website. However, I don't think that this is a good idea.

Edited by Stif
Space fixed.
  • Award 2

• Advanced Members

The Cyan pawn was designed and set aside as the official celebrity pawn, serving as a verification system, much like on websites such as Twitter or Instagram. (Verification Mark)

So it was made to distinguish and verify celebrities, therefore; giving normal unfamous users this kind of pawn would require a lot of unwanted measures and it would be a huge mess, also it might start a war or judgments as @Stif mentioned.

Plus the pawn will immediately lose its purpose and value. 

I really appreciate your suggestion but I don't think this a good idea due to the problems it would bring with it, not worth it.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

I don't think it is a good idea to use cyan pawn for more famous xat users. If it is true that it has already been used for game creators for a while. 

I hope this pawn will be used again for the purpose of creation.  Hopefully "famous" people come to xat.