xat 1.64 public beta out! See changes ×

fell server

Bau

• Advanced Members

Yo, Don't you think you need to be notified before restarting the server?
 In just 5 minutes three time everything fell bots, users, we know that are working on chat, we know that it can fall at any moment, new changes, but not everyone knows this, it is not good to add a banner with information like all people to know, not to panic?

Please don't be indifferent, show that you care. @Admin

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• Bot Service Providers

Basically,

I have see people saying it's DDoS attacks or something like, but xat is not suffering DDoS attacks,

Admins are restarting xat servers to update something in HTML5 (remember it's not fully stable), and correct if I'm wrong, but I think HTML5 servers are running together to Flash, so if one is restarted, others will also be restarted.

Btw, I'm not sure theres a backup server (like it was in chats ids 1-8), but, it seems not.

Finally, I am against any kind of fake news that is already spreading around.

Edited by xLaming
  • Sad 2
  • Done! 1

• Advanced Members

I think a “Maintenance” banner would be nice if is going to rebooted or worked on numerous times. I was sitting at Help talking to myself until I refreshed (3 times) :'(

edit: 10+ times (ugh)

Edited by Kyle
  • Award 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I think a “Maintenance” banner would be nice if is going to rebooted or worked on numerous times. I was sitting at Help talking to myself until I refreshed (3 times) :'(

I'm a 100% with the Maintenance banner so it can stop rumors and let people know that it is an intended restart/update.

• Advanced Members

This looks like a suggestion, instead of a general discussion so I've moved the topic to the appropriate section.

On topic, yes, I agree that it'd be great to get some message whenever xat updates its servers and it stops us from entering chats or the site in general. Hopefully it can be implemented on HTML5!

• Like 1

• Advanced Members
45 minutes ago, Bau said:

Yo, Don't you think you need to be notified before restarting the server?
 In just 5 minutes three time everything fell bots, users, we know that are working on chat, we know that it can fall at any moment, new changes, but not everyone knows this, it is not good to add a banner with information like all people to know, not to panic?

Yes, of course, informationed or announcements should be made in advance. Since it has not been previously reported, people panic when it falls, trying to understand what happened and why, it needs information when it suddenly experiences a decline. Isn't it normal for a person who doesn't know there will be updates on xat to panic and try to understand what's going on?

• Like 1

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Aghetto said:

Hi, do we know the timing for a restore / restart?

We don’t really have any information on it, other than they are clearly working on them now.

It’s been going on for a while at this point, maybe it’s close to over(shrug)

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We don’t really have any information on it, other than they are clearly working on them now.

It’s been going on for a while at this point, maybe it’s close to over(shrug)

Yes, I agree with you. People are trying to understand what is happening and people are trying to get information. People should be informed about what is done

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Bau said:

Keep in mind that everything that the Administrator and the collaborators that are making HTML5 are doing are doing it for us, you can be sure that there is no indifference, but if there is a lack of information.

I hope we can have a notice or at least a popup tab notifying that in the next few hours there could be changes or the servers could be restarted.

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Abrahan said:

Keep in mind that everything that the Administrator and the collaborators that are making HTML5 are doing are doing it for us, you can be sure that there is no indifference, but if there is a lack of information.

I know, and I mentioned that we know of all the changes, but many people don't know about it, so a banner with the necessary information was suggested.

It is an opinion, and it is a public opinion, this is what I see lately, I am free to choose and say what I see.
Thanks

• Volunteers

No maintenance or anything was planned. 

A bad issue happened after admins updated a small thing on server and it should now be fixed.

When xat is in maintenance, admins are always posting something on Twitter before doing something, so you cant say that admins dont care.

Edited by SLOom
  • Done! 1
  • Like 5