Quit Before? What Brought You Back?

Jasmine

• Advanced Members

Hello!

I know that a lot of people quit xat before, for months and sometimes years but a lot of them usually come back! 

So the question is:

Have you quit xat before? & What was the reason that brought you back ? 

Personally: I quit back in 2015, and a random weird dream about xat brought me back xD + I missed the community.

Edited by Jasminex
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
Just now, Abrahan said:

I left xat in 2014, then I started to come eventually but without any commitment. Finally in 2018 I come back, here is my childhood and I consider it my home.

"Here is my childhood and I consider it my home"

That melted my heart ...  and your avatar made it more adorable...

Little Rascals Awww GIF

• Haha 1

• Advanced Members

This is an interesting topic, I like it.

I think that (probably a lot of us) have been on xat for many years- I personally started in late '09. Many of us grew up together and watched each other grow and mature over time. I think xat being a part of our childhood & the friendships we've made over the years is what brings us back, even if for a short period of time. I've "quit" a few times in my day, usually just due to life, but have always found a way back. I believe what keeps people coming back is rekindling those friendships and seeing old friends you haven't seen in maybe years.

Corny or not, we really are a little family and I'm glad I've met everyone that I have on xat.

• Award 4
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

I wanted to support xat chat and help rooms. I wanted to meet new people on xat. I wanted to help people on xat. I wanted to contribute to xat development and change by making new power suggestions and giving new ideas too. In fact, I was a bit bored at home, and I came back to xat.

• Bot Service Providers

Well, I left xat a few times,

1. In Oct 2012 I left xat because I needed to dedicate myself to studies. After that I was addicted to video games, but I had back to xat again in February 2013. (yh Ive joined xat with 9/10 years on anime chats lol)

2. 2015 I left xat again because I joined a military college where I stayed until the end of the year.

3. 2018 I was finishing my studies and also forced to join the Brazilian Army, where I stayed for one year. On weekends I was allowed go home, and in those free times I stayed at Mundosmilies.

4. 2019 I left again, but it was for a few months, maybe 2 or 3, and I was always online using my phone. (I was moving/getting married)

Basically yeah, my childhood was in xat. You can think about leaving xat but you'll be back later.

Yes, so, you're not "quitting", you're just leaving for a short time.

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I left xat in 2018 and I have returned occasionally for nostalgia. Started using it again the last couple of days and most the people I knew from xat just use Discord now, which I personally think is much more user friendly though I could be biased lol. I noticed that xat has changed quite a bit with HTML5, but I think there is still more improvements that could be made if they expect to retain users and gain more in the future. I will probably stop using xat soon and end up returning in a couple of months to see how things have changed, hopefully positive change but who knows.

• Advanced Members

I've quit. I registered on here in mid 2008, and on the forum in late 2008. I fully stopped using xat in 2016 after some things happened, mainly the rising popularity of Discord. I recently "came back" (I put that in quotes because I just get on more often, I dont spend every day on here like I used to). It feels.. nostalgic to see xat again. as much as I dislike parts of it, I don't think I'll ever truly quit because I feel as though its a part of me. I spent my entire teenage years on here, It shaped me as a person and I've met people on here who have also changed my life in more ways than I can express. Overall what brought me back is partly boredom and partly nostalgia.

• Volunteers

I've had breaks away from xat in the early 2010s after I got an Xbox 360 for Christmas.

Whatever spare time I had was spent playing those games and collecting achievements. Games such as CoD, Assassin's Creed, FIFA, Gears of War, GTA IV (and about 30 more).

I didn't consciously make a decision to quit - my time just got completely taken up by something else!

And I gradually spent more time on xat again once I sold the Xbox 360 in 2012. I was hanging around on Pokemon chats again, I think.

• 8 months later...
  • Contributors

yes, I have taken breaks several times for professional purposes or for medical reasons, but I always come back when I have time; I don't know exactly what keeps me here, I think I've already spent so much time on chat that I can't replace it with anything else. Even if I don't have time to socialize, at least the fact that I know the chat page is open, makes me feel that I have something familiar nearby. It's a way to calm my mind sometimes.

• Award 2

• Wiki Translators

I came to xat in 2010 if i'm not wrong, then i left for 6 months in 2013, after this i came back, and at that time i asked myself " why am i back to xat ? " at the beginning i discivered a lot of private chats, and xat TRADE because of a friend of mine + xat CAMBIO too, from here i started to look for things to do in xat, especially when i discovered the forum too in 2018 i think my ambitions have grown. Now I am always trying to advance step by step to reach the highest level in xat in general, whether in chats or here in the forum. 

• Done! 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Advanced Members

I left xat countless times. For many reasons. But I always come back. I think xat is part of me for being here for so many years. I had happier times than sad times. I return not because I'm addicted, but because I love xat.

• Award 1