GameBot leaving midgame problem EXPLAINED!

HelperNate

• Advanced Members

Hello everyone.

So today @Coolingman found something interesting, as to why GameBot leaves during gameraces, and after him and I did some testing, we found out what causes it! Whoever calls the GameBot using command !bot must be the same user who controls it.

Example: 

http://prntscr.com/stfvt4

In the example provided above, since I was the one who called GameBot using command !bot, I am able to use !start and !stop to start or stop the game on command.

It is also the same person who called GameBot that is the only one that can make adjustments to the !times and !prize settings.

Example:

http://prntscr.com/stfww4

As you can see, since I was the one who used !bot to call GameBot, I can use commands to adjust the game such as !start, !stop, !times, and !prize.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOWEVER:

If a DIFFERENT user attempts to command the GameBot to make adjustments to the game, or to start and stop it, the GameBot just LEAVES the chat!

Examples:

http://prntscr.com/stg05n http://prntscr.com/stg0ba

This applies whenever a DIFFERENT user OTHER than the one who used !bot to call the GameBot attempts any of the following commands, causing GameBot to leave:

• !start
  • !stop
  • !times x y z
  • !prize number

As for the !times and !prize command, the GameBot only leaves when someone other than the one who called GameBot attempts to make adjustments using those commands like !times 90 3 20, or !prize 50. However, the CURRENT settings can be viewed by anyone by simply using !times and !prize.

Example:

http://prntscr.com/stg37c

In the example above, my main account "[slowreply]Nathan" was the one who called GameBot using !bot, and my alternate account "Bowserbot" was able to view the !times and !prize settings in place. However, when Bowserbot attempted to adjust the prize, the GameBot left the chat.

IMPORTANT: Whenever ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ONE WHO CALLS GAMEBOT attempts to use !start, !stop, or to adjust the !times and !prize settings does so, that makes the GameBot leave the chat. It does not matter if the user is registered, or unregistered, or has the gamerace power or not. They were not one the one who called the GameBot using !bot, therefore they cannot make any adjustments to the game nor start and stop the game without the GameBot leaving.

This can pose a serious disruption to GameBot contests, as someone could command the bot midgame using the above mentioned commands, and the GameBot will STILL leave even DURING the game! Also, it does not matter if the other user Private Chats or Private Messages GameBot the commands, the result will be the same.

Summary: Whoever calls the GameBot using command !bot is the ONLY USER that is able to properly adjust settings to the game, as well as start and stop the game on command. If anyone else attempts to use the GameBot by commanding it in main chat or private chat, the GameBot will leave the chatroom. The only exception is when the differing user uses !times and !prize to ONLY VIEW the current settings.

• Award 5
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

Exactly! This is the problem we are facing and i'm sure other's would be facing as well while hosting a gamebot in their chat.

The problem is when we were playing gamebot, a random user Private Chat the gamebot say !stop or any other command which makes the gamebot leave in midway.

Earlier, there was a system when the gamebot used to PM us in main saying , "Sorry, you require power to control the bot". But in the current situation, the gamebot just goes offline.

So, while i was hosting, a user kept coming and tried saying the command in pc of gamebot and making it leave again and again, leading to disruption.. 

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

Hello @Admin and the maker of the “Gamebot”.

First of all I/We thank you for making this game in the xat chat group, i’m very admire of this gamebot so much.

It’s been years i’ve been sponsor/donators of this gamebot to give other people enjoyment/fun and recieve a prize authomaticaly!

I just stop because i’m very dissappointed, because one time that we played and “Plai” went to my chat WPY, and she donate also for the gamebot prize fund, but our prizefund xat “Dissappeared”. I saw in my owned eyes and other players too. I try to complain but i decide to let it go. 

Well anyway, i’m not concern of the prizefund dissappear, i  am concerned to the Gamebot for new xat generation user’s,player’s, gamer’s, donator’s, sponsor’s, i/we hope that can fix/solve any problem like adding a protection of the gamebot for the hacker and bad people around.

Like in 6/3 in my chat WPY, i let @Coolingman to host the gamebot, but in the 6/4 in morning i recieve a complain for  the “Not Register” person about banning, idk if he/she concerned for the banning or cencern of the xat i put or both(Note: i have a screen shot  and i check in the “Event” also, but i think this is not a place for this matter). As a main owner of the wpy chat,  i talk and ask to them what happen, and they explain to me they r “None register xat people who keep coming in diffirent xat id not register players/users.( i think this matter coolingman can explain for this issue)

That’s all admin, and thank you also @HelperNate to open this suggestion.

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Bot Service Providers

But sometimes, it's getting out for other reasons, per example, when "Controller rank" is setup wrong on the power assigned. 

I think gameraces would be improved by sending alerts when something is wrong, instead of just leaving the chat.

Edited by xLaming
  • Award 1
  • Like 3

• Advanced Members

I report this issue for Volunteer month ago.

This problem will not be solved, it is in flash.
We have to wait for HTML5 to be complete, I don't want to mention names here!

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, xLaming said:

I think gameraces would be improved by sending alerts when something is wrong, instead of just leaving the chat.

This is how it used to be for years. It's just broken.

Anybody with the power and the Gcontrol rank should be able to control it whether they called it or not and when something's wrong it should PM the controller with the issue.

• Award 2
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...