Trade Panel Suggestion

Jasmine

• Advanced Members

Hello!

I know that it has been requested before years ago, but I wanted to bump it up again so it can take another chance.

Yesterday I purchased allpowers and it was a hassle for the seller and for me, specially after the trade is complete to make sure everything went right and nothing was missing, therefore I re-suggest the following:

In the trade panel we can have other options such as: 

• Add All Doubles (It will include all double powers once)
  • Add (AllPowers) (It will add the 170 Powers required for allpowers, so it can prevent scams and unintentional confusion) - If the seller didn't have all powers it would say "Some powers are missing"
    -They can figure out whats missing by doing !allmissing and most of the bots would give them a list of the missing powers for (allpowers).
  • Reset (It will refresh the trade panel and reset all inputs).

Stay safe,

Regards.

• Award 3
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

I am with you in this proposal, it will be very useful to protect users from theft. We are keen on protecting the xat community, and therefore we will have to first protect users from theft.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Not sure why this hasn’t been added yet to be honest.

If xat has a smiley for having Allpowers, then it shouldn’t be too far fetched to be able to select them all within the trade app (they must be marked one way or another).

Also seems fairly simple to have the doubles selection - just any power you have multiple of, it’ll add one of each of them to the trade. I’m sure many would find this useful.

I suppose it’s more of a “quality of life” improvement, but I’m sure people still try to remove some powers at the last second.

Overall, I believe it should be added sooner rather than later. It’ll also save the volunteers trouble by not having to deal with those (often petty) type scams.

• Award 1
  • Like 3

• Advanced Members
19 minutes ago, oka said:

I am with you in this proposal, it will be very useful to protect users from theft. We are keen on protecting the xat community, and therefore we will have to first protect users from theft.

14 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Not sure why this hasn’t been added yet to be honest.

If xat has a smiley for having Allpowers, then it shouldn’t be too far fetched to be able to select them all within the trade app (they must be marked one way or another).

Also seems fairly simple to have the doubles selection - just any power you have multiple of, it’ll add one of each of them to the trade. I’m sure many would find this useful.

I suppose it’s more of a “quality of life” improvement, but I’m sure people still try to remove some powers at the last second.

Overall, I believe it should be added sooner rather than later. It’ll also save the volunteers trouble by not having to deal with those (often petty) type scams.

Exactly! It will save a lot of time for everyone. The allpowers trade took us around an hour to complete :/, he had to move the 170 powers from his main account to a separate empty account (which was suspicious (wary)) so he doesn't get confused and to assure me that nothing will be missing, and as you said it will save volunteers trouble and time dealing with (often) petty scams.

Edited by Jasminex
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I completely agree that this will be helpful to the users, mainly when trading, considering that the current process opens many possibilities for scammers and that it's hard to select the required powers each by each. The same applies to everypower.

This is a known suggestion. They're working on bringing old and new features at the same time, so this can become reality anytime soon.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
4 minutes ago, Stif said:

I completely agree that this will be helpful to the users, mainly when trading, considering that the current process opens many possibilities for scammers and that it's hard to select the required powers each by each. The same applies to everypower.

This is a known suggestion. They're working on bringing old and new features at the same time, so this can become reality anytime soon.

Exactly, as you mentioned anyone can be easily scammed with the current process. I'm not double checking 170 powers.... x_x

We all hope that it can be implemented sooner than later. 

• Volunteers

The logic behind this concept is to "protect" both xat users in a negotiation, so I assume xat is definitely going to add that in the near future (you can sue me if they don't).

I used "near" because I like to think that the upcoming changes to HTML5 may "motivate" users to use the experimental chat instead of Flash (HTML5 > Flash).

If xat were to update their HTML5 Trade app with such features it is very likely that traders wouldn't think twice before trying the new experimental chat (HTML5, ?new).

We should have a button, or a menu to allow the user to add their collections at once (allpowers, EP and other super power collections).

Ah, I remember reading about a "unit counter" somewhere, so it displays the total of power units added on the trade box. This saves your life if you're selling multiple collections

Nice thread anyway! It's not the first though :$, many have requested for the same or a similar implementation to aid traders. 

We should do what we can to let xat know how much we want this. Can we do a public vote to let xat know that hundreds of traders are waiting for that change?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47c945397a81afd02883

• Haha 1
  • Like 5

• Advanced Members

It should literally just allow you to add "allpowers" or "everypower" to the trade engine and this be sorted server side.

There is literally no need for 300+ powers to be checked to make a trade.

Edited by Daniel