pride pawn

LiaMarie

• Members

Hello fellow xatters. June is pretty much here and so is Pride month, which brings me to suggest the "Pride" pawn. I've been on xat for almost a decade and i've met many people who are a part of the lgbt community, myself included. This would be a cute idea -- not only for ourselves to use, but also for those who are supportive of the community. Below you can see 5 different examples of the types of pawns that would be included, each one representing a segment in the lgbt+. 

I apologize for doing this on such short notice and if my explanation is absolute trash but I hope you like my idea. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

(from left to right: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary)

spacer.png

Edited by LiaMarie
misspell
  • Award 3
  • Wow 1
  • Like 8

• Advanced Members

I really like the idea, I don't think it is necessary to create new pawns but at least if we make available some that can represent the community LGBT during the month

ljZe1r4.gifhsY1g0G.png

There are many more, in addition to that the power flagpwn allows us to place the pride flag as a pawn.

• Advanced Members

I agree with Abrahan, if there are pawns that could potentially "represent" the pride month, then yes I also think they should be activated.

However, I also think this is a great idea, if it's possible to create these pawns and have them available on xat at least for the pride month, then why not. I doubt a power would be created in order to be able to use these pawns because that means they'd be available permanently, but if it happens then it'd be a great thing as well.

• Advanced Members
7 hours ago, LiaMarie said:

Hello fellow xatters. June is pretty much here and so is Pride month, which brings me to suggest the "Pride" pawn. I've been on xat for almost a decade and i've met many people who are a part of the lgbt community, myself included. This would be a cute idea -- not only for ourselves to use, but also for those who are supportive of the community. Below you can see 5 different examples of the types of pawns that would be included, each one representing a segment in the lgbt+. 

I apologize for doing this on such short notice and if my explanation is absolute trash but I hope you like my idea. Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

(from left to right: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transexual, non-binary)

spacer.png

I'm 100% in favor of this idea. However it can best be implemented to be available throughout June (maybe permanently?) is how I believe it should be implemented.

• Advanced Members

It could as well be implemented as a new power, since there isn't any PRIDE power to date. The idea of having it only on June is nice but it's not like we're LGBT only during pride month. 

Edited by Norman

• Advanced Members

Instead of just creating a ''Pride'' power or pawn, which will not happen on xat, they can just activate certain pawns, just as Abrahan suggested, that contain rainbow-like designs. They can also be activated for a two-month period and everyone will be happy. 

Remember xat.wiki/Newyearbonus? well, it can be something like that.

9 hours ago, Abrahan said:

ljZe1r4.gifhsY1g0G.png

There are many more, in addition to that the power flagpwn allows us to place the pride flag as a pawn.

• Like 2

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Leandro said:

Instead of just creating a ''Pride'' power or pawn, which will not happen on xat, they can just activate certain pawns, just as Abrahan suggested, that contain rainbow-like designs. They can also be activated for a two-month period and everyone will be happy. 

Remember xat.wiki/Newyearbonus? well, it can be something like that.

There could be a LGBTQ or pride power for sure.

I'm sure @Cupim will love to be part of it.

• No 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, Junior said:

There could be a LGBTQ or pride power for sure.

I'm sure @Cupim will love to be part of it.

Wouldn’t it cause problems with the community? As xat is a wide place with people from all over the world and different beliefs, thinking about acquiring a power that goes against them to complete EP? I’d personally like seeing that power, but I guess not everyone will be happy about it.

• Volunteers
1 minute ago, Leandro said:

Wouldn’t it cause problems with the community? As xat is a wide place with people from all over the world and different beliefs, thinking about acquiring a power that goes against them to complete EP? I’d personally like seeing that power, but I guess not everyone will be happy about it.

Not at all. We cannot please everyone, sadly, and people are free to buy whatever they want to, so anyone against it can simply skip it, just like botstat.

• Like 4

• Advanced Members
2 minutes ago, Leandro said:

I don't think people should be too concerned with this. If you don't like it, don't buy it, or if you need it for EP just don't use the smilies. Powers like Christmas exist without argument by non-Christians, Emo gets no argument by people who aren't emo (lol), etc. etc.

• Like 6

• Volunteers

Sadly, I do not think it is that easy. In some countries, LGBTQ is still criminalised and far from being accepted by everyone, and quite many xat users live in these countries.

It's probably not xat concerns, because of course you may say just don't buy or don't use it. But for some EP users, you are forcing them to buy a power that promotes something that is considered illegal in their country. And that is, I guess, the main difference with christmas/emo powers.

I doubt this would lead these countries to block xat on their soil, I am just saying that unless xat has a clear, deliberate, assumed position on the matter, there is a risk of releasing this type of power. xat may as well just offer pawns that allow individuals to promote their pride.

If users were hosting special events for the pride month, I would totally support it, but I don't think xat has to take position, unless they clearly want to do so and are careless of what these countries may think of it.

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Sydno said:

Sadly, I do not think it is that easy. In some countries, LGBTQ is still criminalised and far from being accepted by everyone, and quite many xat users live in these countries.

It's probably not xat concerns, because of course you may say just don't buy or don't use it. But for some EP users, you are forcing them to buy a power that promotes something that is considered illegal in their country. And that is, I guess, the main difference with christmas/emo powers.

I doubt this would lead these countries to block xat on their soil, I am just saying that unless xat has a clear, deliberate, assumed position on the matter, there is a risk of releasing this type of power. xat may as well just offer pawns that allow individuals to promote their pride.

If users were hosting special events for the pride month, I would totally support it, but I don't think xat has to take position, unless they clearly want to do so and are careless of what these countries may think of it.

It's 2020 and xat does need to take a position.

Either xat support its LGBT users or are they complicit in putting us to death.

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 3
  • Like 5

• Moderators

xat is not supposed to take position or "sides", but by avoiding this, they are.

xat is supposed to be open to everyone and support everyone, regardless of color or gender. We're in 2020 and they're already more than late for that.

Like Junior said, people are free to do whatever they want, including not buying it.

• Award 4
  • Like 4

• Advanced Members
13 minutes ago, Sydno said:

But for some EP users, you are forcing them to buy a power that promotes something that is considered illegal in their country. And that is, I guess, the main difference with christmas/emo powers.

Excuse me? Are you joking?

You certainly know that some users would disapprove a pride power since they are not supportive towards the LGBT community, but justifying homophobia by saying that being homosexual, bisexual, trans... is illegal in some countries?  If I were from a country where it is not allowed to be LGBT I would be very proud to see that at least a website I frequently spend my time with friends supports me and encourages me to be who I really am and love whoever I want to. 

Next time just say that you don't want it to be implemented instead of giving a mediocre justification. 

Edited by Norman

• Advanced Members
21 minutes ago, Norman said:

Next time just say that you don't want it to be implemented instead of giving a mediocre justification. 

There's no need to make accusations. Sydno is talking from a business perspective, not a personal perspective. That's pretty clear from his post. From a business perspective, it makes sense to consider the potential financial implications.

However, I still believe it would be worth making it a power, and think that anyone bothered by it should just recognize and understand that LGBT people exist and making a power for them is just a nice thing to do, as they have made powers for many groups of people in the past. 

• Award 1
  • Like 3

• Advanced Members

I also understand Sydno's point of view. We all know there are a lot of close-minded people in the world and probably on xat, and they would probably be really angry if they see xat releases a power like this. This may affect xat in some way(for example if some users stop using xat because of this, which would be really stupid but well... we know how those people think), but I doubt it'd be a big impact for xat anyway.

And yes, we're living in 2020 and releasing a power that supports the LGBT community wouldn't be that weird. I still think xat should make this power as a way to show they're open to get any type of user on their website. And of course, this would be a great thing for the LGBT community on xat because being honest, we all know there are a lot of people who are part of this community on xat.

• Like 1

• Advanced Members

I did not mean to make accusations, but the justification of ''it is a business thing'' just isn't it. xat should pay more attention to the users (which number is on a clear decline) than business. Not releasing a power about LGBT rights because a part of the community is conservative whilst many others have been asking for it during years shows that they are just ignoring the issue. There are lots of LGBT people using xat. 

34 minutes ago, Stif said:

xat is not supposed to take position or "sides", but by avoiding this, they are.

xat is supposed to be open to everyone and support everyone, regardless of color or gender. We're in 2020 and they're already more than late for that.

This is THE statement. It's 2020. 

• Volunteers

I am sorry if I didn't word my thought properly, I was evidently talking from a business perspective.

I wish we were in a world where my comment would not exist because this would not be criminalised anywhere.

I am just suggesting that what seems totally obvious for most of us, is definitely not for other people and that xat cannot ignore that; and that these users cannot simply be called out as stupid because they don't have the choice of thinking different in their country.

When I am saying xat cannot ignore that, I am implying that xat would take an official position by making a pride power and that they need to be aware of it.

I am not, and I will never be saying that this is a bad thing for xat to take that position.

• Like 4

• Advanced Members

[1
We all know that xat´s is known more for the wonderful powers that are and continue to be brought to xat.com.
I do not agree or disagree [all I want is to be something free, not to force people to buy something that would make them feel ashamed] - I'm not talking about me or you, I'm talking about those who are ashamed to accept the desire of others.
Who has everypower knows what I'm talking about, we 80% of the powers we do not use, and to appear another 1% of the powers we do not use to be 81% unused powers is not a big deal, but it matters what powers it will be.

I just gave my opinion as everyone else, hopes you don't misunderstand, and if problems arise in the future to remember what I said, every decision must be thought before it is made.
Because I haven't seen this in the xat.com for a while.

• Advanced Members

This suggestion needs to be made.Why?

Because as a social media website that brings together a bunch of people, it is important to recognize different communities that are on xat and xats failure to do that is very astonishing. Rainbow pawn was something that was suggested long ago and was universally liked and now that the suggestion attaches pride to it becomes a maybe? Different social media companies also recognize pride month as well. xat does its best to celebrate holidays, customs and traditions with no issue. Halloween is very controversial as well to some religions but xat still has a multitude of powers recognizing it. I feel like in 2020 it is time for xat to get out of the shadows and start being culturally relevant and catch up with the times.I throw my full support behind this suggestion and in the hopes more suggestions that recognize different backgrounds and way of life will be promoted on this site. 

Thanks for coming to my TED talk everyone lol.

• Award 1
  • Like 2

• Advanced Members

There is no reason to not add rainbow pawns in support of Pride month.

Someone's views on the matter has absolutely no relevance in the situation. It's not xat "taking sides", love is love and anyone who would get mad at that deserves to be mad...

• Award 1

• Advanced Members

Taking the theme, I think it will be incredible if the suggestion of the user is implemented and make some pawns available that can "potentially" represent the community for which it is directed for a certain time (the month of June to be exact). We should give everyone the opportunity to be happy with those they like, but without forcing anyone.

I don't like the idea that this is a power, because to be honest we have many powers that potentially also represent us in a certain way. The rainbow flag was popularized in 1978 as a symbol of gay pride and we have many powers that have these colors, in addition to incredible pawns that I would like to be able to use to be proud of myself and of people who have no limits in love. For example: phasefx.pngeasterfx.pngmythy.pngYizV8R7.png among others.

There is no need to make drama about this or argue, because they are only showing the xat administrators the fuss or scandal that would be formed by implementing something like this, they will obviously avoid it and remain neutral about it with behaviors that were obtained in the comments . 

Very good suggestion Lia!