Advanced Members Lounge

Sifu

• Advanced Members

I would like to see a Lounge as a category on the forums, so when a user like me, has reached a high post count, or at least 25, they could post in the Advanced Members Lounge. This means of course, they can post about stuff which is off-topic, (not related to xat), and just post funny stuff if we wanted to.

• Advanced Members

This isn't necessary at all. Forums are for everyone and only groups who need the privacy should get it - why restrict new users from accessing a category that only requires you to have 25 posts to post in it in the first place? GD is for everyone.

• Award 1

• Volunteers
4 minutes ago, Stah said:

This isn't necessary at all. Forums are for everyone and only groups who need the privacy should get it - why restrict new users from accessing a category that only requires you to have 25 posts to post in it in the first place? GD is for everyone.

Agreed. And this might get a little out of hand. 

• Advanced Members

There used to be an old area of the old forum years ago before it got revamped called Lounge which was basically used to talk about anything. I wouldn't mind seeing that back again

• Advanced Members
Just now, Champ said:

There used to be an old area of the old forum years ago before it got revamped called Lounge which was basically used to talk about anything. I wouldn't mind seeing that back again

This is the purpose of General Discussion.

• Advanced Members
Just now, Stah said:

This is the purpose of General Discussion.

Technically they serve different functionalities in comparison to the old lounge on the old forum years ago. Similar, but not exactly the same

• Advanced Members

I'm guessing you guys don't read my whole post. The point is to get users more active, so the more they post, the more privileges they have like accessing this restricted forum. It will help the community more.

• Advanced Members
1 minute ago, Sifu said:

I'm guessing you guys don't read my whole post. The point is to get users more active, so the more they post, the more privileges they have like accessing this restricted forum. It will help the community more.

Why is accessing a restricted forum a privilege? I still don't see the point of it.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Sifu said:

Because it will give something to the users to look forward to.

Not really. Restricting new users from accessing a forum which has a 25 post entry requirement is just pointless, besides as I said and others have said you would only restrict the community with sharing their opinions with everyone - forums are public and you don't need to be registered to view threads. General discussion threads and such should be viewable for everyone.

• Volunteers

I don't think we need more activity on the forum actually. It hasn't been a week and some people already posted about 100 messages...

If you encourage people to post more, there will only be more and more useless posts just for fun or for likes which isn't the point of a forum at all.

Stah said everything else about this point.