LaFleur

#chats - editgroup, creategroup, events (Public Beta)

I thought I'd come out of hibernation to say that this is really great work! Congratulations to all involved in the ongoing efforts in modernizing the site.

I'd also note that I was thoroughly confused with the branding of this as #chats. I'm still a little confused actually. It appears to be a group of product changes branded as #chats. If it's for editing or creating groups, events, etc, I wouldn't necessarily brand it as #chats because it implies changes to the core chat product (although I know those changes are ongoing too).

Thanks! 

• Like 4

If im correct this was the final design that needed to be changed to HTML5, right?

Either way, it looks amazing, and huge congrats to LaFleur, Junior, Sloom, Maverick and everyone else involved with this new page. It really looks clean and amazing.

For me, the biggest feature has to be the new adding Main Owner feature. It will make the chat a lot more organized and won't cause any more issues with Main Owners and all that bad stuff in the past :$.

Also, the additional options and miscellaneous buttons just seem too big in my opinion, could make them a little smaller too? :$

57 minutes ago, Leandro said:

Also, the additional options and miscellaneous buttons just seem too big in my opinion, could make them a little smaller too?

It won't be possible unfortunately.

Back in a time when we had tested with small button but it was breaking with some languages, so we decided to use big buttons.

• Sad 1
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 9:22 PM, LaFleur said:

#mainowners

Further notes:

• Main owners do not have access to the “Miscellaneous” part in the settings tab, even if “settings” is chosen in permissions. Only the actual group main owner can use those options.
  • Once a new main owner has been added on the new edit group, all existing main owners (which were added on the old web) will be removed automatically. Furthermore, you cannot become main owner on the old web version, which will soon be removed.
  • If a group owner used the “get main” button in #setting, they will be automatically added to the #mainowners list.

The wording here was a bit confusing. This clears it up for me: anyone who logs in with the group password can access the miscellaneous and mainowners sections, and anyone who logs in via their account password cannot (even "the actual group main owner").

I also believe miscellaneous should be moved to it's own tab to avoid confusion with this:

"Main owners do not have access to the “Miscellaneous” part in the settings tab, even if “settings” is chosen in permissions." 

It should just be completely separate and have no permission option. 

Also, within the appearance section of edit group, there's two background boxes and to me it wasn't immediately clear which one is which, as "group" doesn't really describe the page the chat is on, in my opinion. The top box should probably be labelled "outer background" and the bottom "inner background" as these two words are common xat terminology.

Edited by Daniel
  • Award 1
  • Like 1