Occasion power

IDIMA

• Advanced Members

I would like to suggest a new power (occasion).

There are many occasions SO I would like to have this.

- The Occasion power allows you to add flix (animated backgrounds) to your chat.

-  The more Occasion powers assigned, the more flixes you unlock.

* 1 power = Ramadan Kareem

* 2 powers = Happy Mother's day

* 3 powers = Happy father's day

* 4 powers = Happy Eid

* 5 powers = Birthday  Etc..If You want!    (1 to 5) NOW, Do you agree?

Example:

adU8JZb.gif

OR

pLawru8.gif

AND 

avKspvS.gif

ETC...

Smilies:

mIGxko8.png

kLo7fvc.png

ky2lnrw.png

3g1KlPJ.png

cccDbOH.png

What's your opinion?

• Award 2

• Advanced Members

I don't think the flix idea is a good one... why do I need 32 powers to wish someone a happy birthday? Also the smilies are generic and not very original.

Sorry, I don't like this at all.

• Award 3

• Volunteers

I like the idea however I don't really think it needs to be a power. There are many kisses/hugs that have the same idea. Maybe they should just update the kisses for big celebrations like mother's day, halloween etc. 

Plus, I feel as though people would just get annoyed of the background flix after a while, especially if it's right in the center of the chat. Also, not many people even use flix powers anymore. 

• Award 1

• Members
25 minutes ago, Stah said:

I don't think the flix idea is a good one... why do I need 32 powers to wish someone a happy birthday? Also the smilies are generic and not very original.

Why  No't ?  thi's smiles  is  Very  cools   we have many  smiles  in xats and  Many  No't good  i think   it.s  good  idea   Dima <3

• Advanced Members
Just now, Crow said:

32 is a bit excessive. I would cap it at 8, like the blast powers. This should make the animations more accessible for regular users.

5 minutes ago, Stah said:

We can replace the No. 32 with any No.

• Advanced Members

Maybe if we could see another examples of every different flix for occasions it would be good. I like the idea tbh having a flix to set and you can able to put the name of the celebrant on the flix background when someone is having a birthday on the chat, it would be a sweet and fun thing ever could happen to me.

Birthday hugs too..and as @Lemona said, if they could update kisses, it would be good. It's been awhile since we have a new kisses last time. I don't remember what last power we had a kisses.

• Award 2

• Advanced Members
8 minutes ago, Stah said:

Who gets to decide which occasions are more important? Why is Ramadan 1 power and mother's day 8?

We do already have multiple powers dedicated to multiple occasions also.

Even if it has been approved, Helps to buy a lot of them...

• Advanced Members

I loved this idea of my heart why i liked it because it is a celebration like a halloween party and Valentine really want a happy Eid and Ramadan Kareem , Always the best DIMA (hug)

• Volunteers

I think that is more than a smiley power. This is about placing a permanent kiss (temporary, main owner choice) to celebrate a date/holiday.

Also, I can also simulate another list, of assigned powers and following animations, something like this: 

1 power = Merry Christmas
2 powers = Happy Easter
4 powers = Happy Birthday
8 powers = Happy Halloween
16 powers = Happy Valentine's Day
32 powers = Happy New Year

It would be fun to keep the written text editable by the user so foreign chats can translate the message 

ie you can change 'Happy New Year' text to 'Feliz Ano Novo' and it would be changed in the animation.

If this become a "line of powers", we can place culture related to future powers.

For instance: Earth Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day and Independence Days may need their own flix powers.

With the more powers assigned, maybe you can try more animations:

ie Easter has bunny animation and eggs animation. Birthday has cake, then balloons and then gifts around pawns.

Halloween has tomb, bats, scary tree and pumpkin. Valentine's day has hearts, hugging smilies, cupid, rose and a couple of pawns.

New year has calendar, clink smilies, sparkler, partying smilies, champagne and fireworks.

Perhaps merging all into one wont be possible because of the number of kisses necessary for all other animations 

But I listed the examples so you can see that something like this might be useful, and also fun.

• Award 1

• Advanced Members
7 minutes ago, Cupim said:

I think that is more than a smiley power. This is about placing a permanent kiss (temporary, main owner choice) to celebrate a date/holiday.

Also, I can also simulate another list, of assigned powers and following animations, something like this: 

1 power = Merry Christmas
2 powers = Happy Easter
4 powers = Happy Birthday
8 powers = Happy Halloween
16 powers = Happy Valentine's Day
32 powers = Happy New Year

It would be fun to keep the written text editable by the user so foreign chats can translate the message 

ie you can change 'Happy New Year' text to 'Feliz Ano Novo' and it would be changed in the animation.

If this become a "line of powers", we can place culture related to future powers.

For instance: Earth Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day and Independence Days may need their own flix powers.

With the more powers assigned, maybe you can try more animations:

ie Easter has bunny animation and eggs animation. Birthday has cake, then balloons and then gifts around pawns.

Halloween has tomb, bats, scary tree and pumpkin. Valentine's day has hearts, hugging smilies, cupid, rose and a couple of pawns.

New year has calendar, clink smilies, sparkler, partying smilies, champagne and fireworks.

Perhaps merging all into one wont be possible because of the number of kisses necessary for all other animations 

But I listed the examples so you can see that something like this might be useful, and also fun.

I feel that you think good I hope I am not dream:)

• Advanced Members

@Crow I like your suggestion about capping the powers at a less number than the stated one. @Five I like this suggestion even more so that no one say this x occasion is more important than the other sure because they see it like that while others don't so yes this suggestion would fix this part.

@FiveSpeaking of "religion category, and Why xat may not allow it?". you know that xat has halloween power and its forms (halloween2, Allhallows, scary, zombie, carve) Christmas power and its forms (Noel, santa, claus)Thanksgiving, feast, Easter power and its forms (Easterland, Easteregg, Easterlove) most of them are repeated powers and even powers that has nothing to do with religions, but traditions. so after all this, Why not make a power like that along with the stated powers as flixes again? I don't see any problems it would be a nice thing, since xat has users from different countries, cultures, etc.

• Advanced Members
On 7/9/2016 at 1:49 AM, Stah said:

i agree with you it's not good idea

• Elie changed the title to Occasion power