Ideas from an outsider

BeaterUser

• Advanced Members

Since I've been far away from xat for months, now that I'm back I had a few interesting suggestions that I would like to share with you. Please bear in mind that I'm not concerned on how pratical they are, and some of them I've collected from other ppl that simply didn't care enough themselves to send xat a suggestion.

My first one is very unlikely to even be consider, but since xat has been interested in providing mobile users a plataform, I think still some changes need to be taken in consideration. My friend @Arthur, by the time he was an owner at Ajuda - it's been like 3/4 years -, externalized a suggestion which is still valid to nowadays. Have you guys ever thought about how conterintuitive xat is? I mean, you want to color your name. What is the first thing that crosses your mind? That you have to put a damn code in the end of it? No way, bro. That's perhaps the core reason why xat has been evaded by new users: people just don't have the patience and time to learn how to use xat features, since they are clearly created without any consideration for the public.

What I am suggesting instead is that, at least on mobile, people should be able to use some function powers directly from a box called "Function powers". I'll give an example that wil make it clear how this would be way more intuitive and just easy to learn: you want to color your name in green. Just in the outside. You' re told you'll need nameglow power and then you buy it. All you'd need to do is to click on your own name, then on "Function Powers", select "Nameglow', and then choose directly the color, no need for an hex code!
Function powers such as status, tempmod, that can be utilized via commands directly in the chat can be the same, but the rest should change in that way.
Second one is a rather simple one, also for mobile: just add the smile line instead of having that box which is highly unpractical. Maybe it already has been suggested, and I don't feel the need to reiterate that this would make everyone's life easier. Also, how hard can it be to make mobile more similar to the normal version?
The last one is directly to xat staff. I think you should consider to have an specific time to each main owner be in charge of an official chat. It is not needed to say how some official chats have just been abandoned and neglected by the staff, and the main owner was just to inactive to even notice. Like it used to happen in xat5, I believe the ideal period for a main owner to be in charge of a chat is 1 month maximum, 2 if there's no one else better to replace him. This would make each official chat's staff more active, since they wouldn't have their ranks taken from granted. And it's something that could be implemented today if there would be the will to do so.
Anyway, those are my suggestions. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Edited by BeaterUser