"Give me a reason not to ban you for a ridiculously high time"

BeaterUser

Question

• Advanced Members

As I was back on <chat name removed> yesterday, a main owner said that quote in the title. Is there any reason why this should not be abusive? I really don't get it. Should I proceed to report him or is it no use, since xat is probably busy with other stuff - I've been told that from vols earlier?

Edited by Crow
Disputes about specific chats should not be raised on the forums

4 answers to this question

• Contributors

I'm sorry to tell you but unfortunately, the xat forum isn't the place to "expose" any behaviour. Even though you consider that informing xat staff is worthless, arguing about your ban here won't help either (and we can't do anything either, so as I said, reporting that might be the best idea).

Most of the chats consider insulting the chat environment a way of disrespectful, which is completely fair, but that's my point of view. I cannot tell you anything else, just wait for your ban time to be over and consider thinking about what you say next time. 

• Contributors

Hey,

Considering that we don't know what you did for the main to say that, I don't think I could classify the situation as an abusive behaviour. Aside from that, if you consider that the behaviour showed by the main owner is abusive then proceed to report the chat (click the inappropiate button at the bottom right of the chat). It is better than doing nothing.

Edited by Sergio

• Advanced Members

I'd rather expose his behavior than to denounce it to xat staff, which is more likely to not do anything.

I'll give you some details so you can say if it was abusive or not: I was banned there by the same guy, who is the main owner, for saying "<redacted>". He said I offended users. But no one complained, and I didn't say they were <redacted>, but that the chat was <redacted>, with people saying random stuff completely unrelated with anything. So if this is offensive, then <redacted> is not merely a condition, but something offensive itself, which of course is not the case.
I guess I will be able to check chatlogs with the bot before my ban is over - I was banned for 24 hours.