Invisible power update

LaFleur

• Advanced Members

I guess it woud be better if owners wouldn't be able to see main owners, and main owners would be able to see all people using invisible power on a chat. Sometimes we(main owners) don't want to be seen by anyone for different reasons.

• Award 1
  • Like 8

• Advanced Members
38 minutes ago, Junior said:

Owners can see main owners.

Was that intended or did someone just forget to develop that functionality into it?

5 minutes ago, Solange said:

I guess it woud be better if owners wouldn't be able to see main owners, and main owners would be able to see all people using invisible power on a chat. Sometimes we(main owners) don't want to be seen by anyone for different reasons.

Yes, this makes the most sense, main owners should not be able to be seen by anyone besides other main owners. 

I hope that change is made soon!

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Angelo said:

Was that intended or did someone just forget to develop that functionality into it?

As Junior mentioned, it was intended, but it's open for discussion.

1 hour ago, Solange said:

Sometimes we(main owners) don't want to be seen by anyone for different reasons.

Can you explain the reasons?

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, LaFleur said:

When chatting in private chat or taking an action, you will not become visible. Only if you send a message in main tab, you will become visible again.

What does this mean? i.e. does banning make you visible again?

Edited by Daniel

• Advanced Members
20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What does this mean? i.e. does banning make you visible again?

It means:

• If you send a message in private chat, you are still invisible
  • if you take an action (eg ban), you are still invisible (the ban message will appear however)
  • if you send a message in main tab, you are NOT invisible anymore
  • Award 2
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, LaFleur said:

Can you explain the reasons?

As a main owner of an official chat, sometimes you just want to be online on the chat you manage and watch it without being bothered by anyone.

And of course, sometimes you'll want to watch certain staff members/owners. I personally do this, I like watching my owners, how they act, etc... I think that's important for a chat manager.

Anyway, from what I remember, owners weren't able to see main owners while being invisible on a chat in the past. I don't understand why this has been changed.

I like the new options that have been added to this power, they are pretty cool. However, it'd be great if owners wouldn't be able to see main owners while being invisible. I don't think this is difficult to implement, again(taking into account all these new options).

• Award 3

• Volunteers

I agree that invisible owners should not see invisible main owners

20 hours ago, Solange said:

sometimes you just want to be online on the chat you manage and watch it without being bothered by anyone.

Besides the utility of watching your own staff, there's also the issue of "being bothered". If you want to chat or let another owner know that you're available, a simple PC or PM will do it.

20 hours ago, Solange said:

sometimes you'll want to watch certain staff members/owners. I personally do this, I like watching my owners, how they act, etc... I think that's important for a chat manager.

I think watching your own staff is a sufficient reason for the change (my opinion)

If you are against the idea of being in favour of the hierarchic scheme, then one implementation on Gcontrol settings could end your pain. Make it so the main owner can choose through a new option. 

Invisible is a power. The person buys it with the intention of hiding from the mods. With the change, main owners will also be able to enjoy the power. 

For now, when the manager goes online all the other owners are like the guy in the video below: 

• Award 5
  • Huh? 1
  • Like 1

• Bot Service Providers

I agree that main owners should be hidden from everyone else in the chatroom, for all the reasons both @Solange and @Cupim mentioned. Chat staff seem to act different in the presence of their main owners, and there really isn't any alternatives for sitting incognito. 

In terms of chat staff, at ARCbots for example the owners I make are really the face of my support team. Any problems moderators might have gets routed directly to the owners. One of the most useful tools is being able sit and watch the entire chat without being seen. I'm able to see how situations are handled and how effective my owners are managing their responsibility. I really hope you guys reconsider this.

On the flip side, im excited to be able to private chat users without coming off of invisible. I often find myself ignoring people so I dont come off of invisible. (swt)

Edited by Nathan

• Bot Service Providers

Nice, I have seen great ideas. But we should be "offline" in friendlist when being invisible.

I mean, not counting invisible as friendlist online, its a good way to keep hidden from them too.

Another example is, I'm online in 10 chats but in all those chats I'm invisible so I will be offline on friendlist, if I join any chat not invisible it makes me online again. Not hard to do.

Just adding invisible without doing this you can simply add to friends the the owner/main owner and click on their profile in friendlist, if no tickle response its invisible.

• Like 3

• Volunteers

Can that be changed in the future? I don't think applications should take you out of invisible unless you're using them in main chat (ie. doodling in main, talking with the translator in main,  playing a game with users in main chat etc). The only exception might be the Trade application...

• Volunteers
16 minutes ago, Lemona said:

Can that be changed in the future? I don't think applications should take you out of invisible unless you're using them in main chat (ie. doodling in main, talking with the translator in main,  playing a game with users in main chat etc). The only exception might be the Trade application...

Good point.

What if you want to check a youtube video to see if it's appropriate without unmaking your cover (invisible effect)?

Perhaps we can have this changed or we can do a separated post to discuss the idea. I think there's more benefit to the power ability if the apps can be used while the owner is invisible