(noadded) power

Goku

• Advanced Members

Just a friendly reminder:

Make sure your replies are thoughtful, otherwise they may be seen as spam posts. Focus on post quality. Writing "good idea" or "nice suggestion" is not sufficient. This includes replying to a topic with one smilie and nothing else. You could simply give reputation by liking the post instead of writing short, mindless replies.

Thank you.

• Like 1

• Advanced Members

Following up on your suggested function, maybe this can be done by clicking a user and having a button called "NoAdd."

That way, for the other user, the option to "Add as Friend" or "Un-friend" towards you cannot be used.

Edited by HelperNate
Grammar errors
  • Award 2

• Crow changed the title to (noadded) power
  • Advanced Members

I theory this sounds like a good power but how will it work? Will the power automatically not let people add you if you have the power or will there be a choice for the person who owns the power to stop people adding them?

The power sounds great but more information about what it's about would be great ! :p

• Advanced Members

I just don't find the purpose of creating this power... xat.com is a community to make friends worldwide, everyone can add me to their friend list if they want, I wouldn't mind. if I don't like someone with the ignore action will be enough.. lol 

• Advanced Members

There's no harm in a user adding you, in my opinion. Powers such as Single, NoPC, NoPM, and PCPlus are designed to prevent you from, essentially, being bothered. Some people don't want to be married/have a BFF. Some people don't want to receive PC's/PM's from people they don't know. However, when you're added as a friend, the most that they'll know is when you're online. They won't see which chat you're at unless you have them added AND don't have NoFollow--which bots negate anyways.

• Like 1

• Contributors

Your idea sounds good, it’s also clear what you’re trying to say. 

but like the others mention, we would kinda lose the purpose of having no pc, no pm, even pcplus. The most they can do when adding you as friend and having both no pc/pm is know when you’re online.