Contributor Monthly Log - March 2020

Sergio

• Contributors

Caepdjo.png

At the beginning of a new month, someone from the Contributor group will post a topic providing a summary for discussions that were discussed in the Contributor section during the previous month. This is to allow the community to be more informed and have a better understanding of the Contributor group. If you have any concerns or suggestions that you would like to be brought to the attention of the Contributor group, message any of the Contributors.

You can see our previous logs here.

Concluded Discussions

These topics are concluded and are no longer being discussed. If you have any concerns about the conclusion of these topics, feel free to send a message and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Tribute chat applications

Spoiler

A new guideline has been created for tribute chat applications. This is "No material change is allowed during the application process. This includes, but is not limited to, changing main ownership, having a new main owner, changing the chat language, changing or updating the chat purpose." The reasoning behind this guideline is to keep Contributors fully informed and up-to-date with the chat's status throughout the application process, and it guards against any unexpected changes being made.

Ongoing Discussions

These topics are currently ongoing. If you would like to offer feedback and/or suggestions, feel free to send me a message, and I'd be happy to convey it to the rest of the group. You can also post a comment if you would like to offer feedback and/or suggestions.

Spanish lobby

Spoiler

It was discussed whether to create a new lobby like xat.com/Chat but in the language of Spanish only. This could become a popular chat for the Spanish userbase. However, a counterargument was raised that it could interfere with the popularity of social Spanish chats. The discussion is ongoing.

Toilet power

Spoiler

Contributors have been discussing ideas for a new sticker power based on toilets. Suggestions include a happy toilet, an embarrassed toilet (flushed cheeks), a rude toilet (potty mouth) and a drooling toilet with water overflowing. This would come with a limited plunger pawn. The discussion has been productive so far, and we are hoping to reach a conclusion about the potty power soon.

New Image Providers

Spoiler

With Tinypic officially ceasing operations last year, a discussion was raised about allowing new image providers on xat. These image providers would have to be reliable and ideally available in all countries. There are no updates this month.

• Award 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3

• Advanced Members
1 hour ago, Sergio said:

Contributors have been discussing ideas for a new sticker power based on toilets. Suggestions include a happy toilet, an embarrassed toilet (flushed cheeks), a rude toilet (potty mouth) and a drooling toilet with water overflowing. This would come with a limited plunger pawn. The discussion has been productive so far, and we are hoping to reach a conclusion about the potty power soon.

The epic power y'all were talking about.

• Advanced Members
8 hours ago, Sergio said:

Caepdjo.png

At the beginning of a new month, someone from the Contributor group will post a topic providing a summary for discussions that were discussed in the Contributor section during the previous month. This is to allow the community to be more informed and have a better understanding of the Contributor group. If you have any concerns or suggestions that you would like to be brought to the attention of the Contributor group, message any of the Contributors.

You can see our previous logs here.

Concluded Discussions

These topics are concluded and are no longer being discussed. If you have any concerns about the conclusion of these topics, feel free to send a message and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Tribute chat applications

Reveal hidden contents

A new guideline has been created for tribute chat applications. This is "No material change is allowed during the application process. This includes, but is not limited to, changing main ownership, having a new main owner, changing the chat language, changing or updating the chat purpose." The reasoning behind this guideline is to keep Contributors fully informed and up-to-date with the chat's status throughout the application process, and it guards against any unexpected changes being made.

Ongoing Discussions

These topics are currently ongoing. If you would like to offer feedback and/or suggestions, feel free to send me a message, and I'd be happy to convey it to the rest of the group. You can also post a comment if you would like to offer feedback and/or suggestions.

Spanish lobby

Reveal hidden contents

It was discussed whether to create a new lobby like xat.com/Chat but in the language of Spanish only. This could become a popular chat for the Spanish userbase. However, a counterargument was raised that it could interfere with the popularity of social Spanish chats. The discussion is ongoing.

Toilet power

Reveal hidden contents

New Image Providers

Reveal hidden contents

With Tinypic officially ceasing operations last year, a discussion was raised about allowing new image providers on xat. These image providers would have to be reliable and ideally available in all countries. There are no updates this month.

Image provider suggestion https://imgur.com/

• Advanced Members
22 minutes ago, Sergio said:

Thank you so much for the suggestion. However, imgur is a trusted image provider already and we are looking for new ones, as stated above. If you have any other suggestions please, let us know. 

I use alot of different websites for uploading images, I use imgur the most however. I also misunderstood what you meant but now that I understand I will post any I have here :P so what current sites aren't listed?

• Bot Service Providers
On 4/1/2020 at 11:00 AM, Sergio said:

Spanish lobby

Hide contents

Well, if we need a new lobby in Spanish of course we also need in Portuguese, since both are the most active communities.

BOTH OR NOTHING!!!!!

Edited by xLaming
  • Award 1
  • Meh 1
  • Like 3

• Advanced Members

Hello,

Thank you for giving us your opinions about the "Spanish lobby" topic, it's appreciated and that's why we included the discussion this month. A survey has been created to allow users have a say on this. Do you want it to happen? Vote Yes or No: https://forms.gle/ArZELmNSNwwYMQy57.

Users will be given one month to vote, after that, I'll transfer the votes to the Contributors group.

Thank you.

• Like 1