Homepage icon - feedback

LaFleur

• Advanced Members

Hello.

xat would like to know your opinion regarding the newly added homepage icon on html5 (available on version march 30, 2020).

It currently looks as follows:

v1uVagL.png

Compared to Flash, there's no background on the icon.

Questions to you are:

• Should the icon be smaller/bigger?
  • Should there be a background button (as Flash)?
  • If yes to background, should the background color match the chat button colors?
  • Should the icon be hidden by default? Maybe it should appear upon hover?
  • Anything else you can think of?

Thank you, we're looking forward to your input!

• Bot Service Providers

1. I agree with Cupim, it should be smaller;

2. Since its a "redesign" I think it would be better on the left side of the nick, its better because when nicks are too big people cant see the homepage. This will also make the design clean and user friendly.

• Contributors

If the icon itself appears upon hover, then I'd just line it up with the current nickname (it seems to be slightly displaced). Since it won't be on the screen if this gets added, then I don't think it's needed to change the size of the icon. In case you decide not to showing it upon hover, it should be definitely be smaller. 

• Advanced Members
17 minutes ago, Leandro said:

Also, can the URL be closer to the icon?

image.png.ee718bae9f5b8b5c464b4a1d0256e0f4.png

Another idea could be to have a few different ways for the users to choose which layout they want with a "screenshot" example :)

• Moderators

Smaller like @Cupim's example.
I think that having it on the right side is still better. Having it right after the pawn would be weird.
As a redesign, it seems better without the background button.
I think the hidden and hovering or not hidden could be an user choice.

• Advanced Members

Should there be a background button (as Flash)? Yes, because it's easily to users know that is a button.

If yes to background, should the background color match the chat button colors? yes, exactly to fit with the chat, it could be NICE.

Should the icon be hidden by default? Maybe it should appear upon hover? nah, it should show up always.

should it be smaller? yes it should @Cupim, also a url closer to the HOMEPAGE like @Leandro said. it could to prevent scammers/third urls malicious.

Edited by Vevrok

• LaFleur locked and unpinned this topic