MYSTERY power! (Smilies & Feature)

Erick

• Advanced Members

Your suggestion has been fantastically illustrated! We have previously discussed the idea of including special season discounts, bundles... Your idea is quite similar to those I'm referring to, so there's no way on earth I would disagree. By adding these features to the store many users would be encouraged to buy xat's products. 

• Cool 1

• Advanced Members
46 minutes ago, Norman said:

Your suggestion has been fantastically illustrated! We have previously discussed the idea of including special season discounts, bundles... Your idea is quite similar to those I'm referring to, so there's no way on earth I would disagree. By adding these features to the store many users would be encouraged to buy xat's products. 

That's right, that's the idea, create more interest in xat and its products.
The possibility of obtaining great discounts while being something new, can be incredible and fun for everyone.

• Members

Goodnight friend @Erick

Congratulations on the time and dedication you have had to create and share your idea of a new power of that kind.

To my liking, it seems a VIABLE suggestion.

I hope that for everyone or the vast majority it is like that.

Greetings.

• Wow 1

• Advanced Members

Hi, I have a few simple questions that I do not understand and I think only you know the answer is your idea. (hippo)

- What is the mystery if you buy this box?
- Do you pay to buy powers, then you pay to buy the box?
- Why 24 hours to get it, why not 72 hours or even 30 days. [Not everyone has time to enter the xat daily].
- Why you chose 4 minutes and not 5 or 15 minutes.
- You buy a box of 5000 xats and in it there are 7 powers, power1, power2, power3, power4, power5, power6, power7: the price costs 10,000 xats [or: to lose xats does not suit the clients, to win xats ADMIN xat doesn't agree].

Anyway, I like the idea, something similar has been suggested in the past.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

Thanks for ur comments @Nycton!

Hi @Bau, thanks for your interest in the suggestion, right now I answer.

1. The interesting thing is that you do not know what powers, they will leave you, that makes you really want to buy it.

2. No, obviously when buying the box where it is valued according to the price of the STORE of the powers, what it contains will be free.
You only pay for the box in general.

3. 24 hours, because the boxes can only be obtained by buying the power MYSTERY in store. It is also for users to decide whether to buy or not. It is a kind of fixed time.

4. Because it is normal for the powers purchased in the store, to buy others you must wait 4 minutes to buy again, it is already fixed.

5. It should be all random, if you are lucky it will touch you some good powers, which will bring benefits for you. Since it is not forced to buy a box, it is up to you if you do.

What other question, I am willing to answer. (hippo)

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Members
2 hours ago, Maxo said:

This idea is full of suspense lol, it's good and different comparing with what we're seeing, i like it just i don't know how it can be made

Hey, @Maxo thanks your comment. 

And what do u say with " i don't know how it can be made"

• Advanced Members

Interesting Idea... (applause) The main idea will be for HTML5 only since flash will die soon. 

The way to obtain the mistery box is still a little confused to me, let's say xat.com released the power: "Mystery" I buy the power at 250 - 500 xats (depends the price) after I made the purchase of mystery power, how can I get the mistery box? or where?  since I have the mystery power?  

If I don't have the mystery powers, is there any way to get the mystery box?  for example:  Direct Purchase 

Let's bring as much details possible to this idea, I like it.. it's something completely different and I am pretty sure more users will be buying more in Store.

Another Idea: 

Mystery Box could contain:  Power1, Power2, Power3, 500 xats and 10 Days. (5 prizes to get). 

• Advanced Members
6 minutes ago, Maxo said:

i mean it's in hand of designers i don't know how they can programme this and make it 

Well, this is not mapping America, it's a basic programming thing many games and online shops have. 

• Advanced Members

Hey @MaxoOh I understand. Well, I would say that it is something that they already have knowledge, since in events like Black Friday there are similar things.

Thanks @DJFUNNY.

Regarding your question.
I do not know if you remember, that in a past event of Black Friday, when you bought the power, you had the opportunity, that is, I gave you a link, after the purchase, where you could get a certain power at a discount. This is similar, or similar.

I believe that if it is necessary to buy the MISTERY power to obtain a box, this would give some interest to buy new powers, with which there is double enthusiasm, both in the new power, as in the box.

That's how Days can be too, it depends on the administrators.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteers

Your concept art is fantastic and you've provided lots of details - so thank you!

The traditional approach (which DJFUNNY mentioned) would be to purchase the mystery box outright for a set price and theme from the store page - not needing to buy a power first and then having the option to purchase the mystery box afterwards for a price and theme that you don't even know until you've already bought the power.

You've justified it well, because Mystery could be the best-selling store power of recent times. Users will be purchasing the power again and again directly from the xat store. This benefits xat hugely. However, the complication of having an extra step that potentially confuses people, and knowing you'll be stuck with an unlimited power afterwards that you don't need or want - and not even knowing the price and theme of the mystery box until you've already committed yourself to buying the power - could potentially deter a lot of customers from mystery box sales. It overcomplicates a simple transaction.

There's also ethical questions and stigmas about loot box mechanics and gambling in general, especially on a website with younger users (14+). Users can easily become addicted to the lottery and start spending irresponsible amounts of money and put themselves in a bad situation to get that one power they want (e.g. the chance to win Gold). But I suppose it's also comparable to buying a Yu-Gi-Oh! booster pack from your local store, which is morally accepted in everyday life - you can either pull a worthless Flower Wolf or an ultra rare Blue-Eyes White Dragon - you purchase the items at your own risk and it's the luck of the draw what you receive.

It's an interesting discussion to have. 8-)

• Award 1
  • Like 1

• Volunteers

I'm kinda worried about something regarding this idea after reading Crow comment.

Do you get a "mystery box" each time you buy the power ? Or it's happening randomly? If it's randomly, it's considered as "gambling/lottery" which is something xat can't do because of UK laws (like a blackfriday we used to have in the past).

But anyways, the idea is interesting. It could be interesting to be able to choose the theme and maybe the amount of powers you want in the box (for people who can't spend much xats). But regarding the final price of the box, is it automatically calculated or you have to put an amount of xats? To be honest, I was lazy to read the full post, so if you can enlighten me a little on this.. :p 

Keep up the good work!

Edited by SLOom
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members

Hi, I like your interest in power and the good thing you want to make xat more interesting.
Regarding your question @Crow, I don't know if you remember the first celebration of Black Friday at xat.com, which was to buy a power with that name, so that you then had the opportunity to buy a random power with 75%.
If you can see that it is almost similar to the idea of MYSTERY, however that the power becomes useless and full for users, I do not think so because if they realize the power BlackFriday is worth a lot now, and without calculating the quantities of powers that were sold at that celebration. I include myself because I bought many. Also I do not consider it a lottery, first because the user is who the final decides whether to buy or not, also if one says lottery, I think that the first thing that comes to mind is different things and not a mysterious box. Rather the concept itself is the mystery, the unknown and the luck of obtaining different powers. I think that if it is detailed well by admins of xat, lotteries or something similar would not be incurred.

With respect to you @SLOom, the price is already fixed, for example, in the box it says that it contains 5 powers, of which to calculate the final price of the box, it is simply to use the store price of each one and add them.

I say random, because so that there is interest, since different users will think that the boxes are repeated, they will know that there are and I think they will take away the desire to continue shopping because you will know that it will come out.

• Volunteers

If you say that it's not something regarding gambling/lottery, then we are in good term with your idea.

I was just saying that, since xat is really restricted in a few things and it's not the time to get in trouble because of laws.

9 minutes ago, Erick said:

With respect to you @SLOom, the price is already fixed, for example, in the box it says that it contains 5 powers, of which to calculate the final price of the box, it is simply to use the store price of each one and add them.

Ok, that's fine then. Thank you for your answer regarding this!

• Done! 1

• Volunteers
50 minutes ago, Erick said:

Regarding your question @Crow, I don't know if you remember the first celebration of Black Friday at xat.com, which was to buy a power with that name, so that you then had the opportunity to buy a random power with 75%.

I remember it as a one-off event, but if xat is going to make mystery boxes a permanent addition, they need a long-term vision about how to maximise their sales.

I'm questioning whether placing mystery boxes behind a power is better than just making mystery boxes available to purchase directly, but economics isn't my strong suit. You could have the right idea after all.

51 minutes ago, Erick said:

If you can see that it is almost similar to the idea of MYSTERY, however that the power becomes useless and full for users, I do not think so because if they realize the power BlackFriday is worth a lot now, and without calculating the quantities of powers that were sold at that celebration. I include myself because I bought many. 

Yes, Mystery could become a useful power for bidding at ID auctions too, if its trade price drops to 50-55% of the store price (or less). I can easily see that happening.

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Members

Ok @SLOom , since they referred to "random" are the powers that are inside, and with specific topics. In other words, the user is informed a lot of information that will help both him and what could be considered a purchase, and not a lottery.

Hey, @Crow I would say that a kind of test be done for a week or several days, just as xat has always been handled, with the output of a normal power.

Going forward to the facts, I would say that it is something totally new in xat, and it would be of great interest to everyone. Users win because by placing Limited powers, they will have the opportunity to obtain good powers, at a store price.
Win xat, because users will have the need to buy or purchase xats, since without these you cannot buy the boxes, so everything is relative.

So it is, in addition that if the MYSTERY makes it LIMITED, because perhaps it can increase the price somewhat, for the main idea is to obtain a totally interesting box with good powers.