New Special Pawn Idea

Jonathan1990

• Members

This would be similar to the cyan pawn that xat gives to celebrities who are people that have gained over 500'000 subscribers on YouTube.  My idea would be a special pawn xat would give out to DJs that are licensed to play and broadcast music legally.  I think this would be good as some DJs on DJ chats can get private messages during promotions asking if they have a license.  As there are loads more DJs this would be much more popular than the celebrity pawn.  So now for a colour idea we already have the following.

Green = guest

Blue = member

White = moderator

Orange = owner

Brown = banned

Red = offline

Grey = ignored

Pink, Dark Blue, Purple, Gold and Ruby = powers

Black = xat staff

Cyan = celebrities

So the only colour that comes to mind is: Yellow = DJ

• Advanced Members

I gotta agree with Harrison with this one. Everyone and their mother can be a dj on xat and if they do add this people will just be a dj until they get the pawn and then just "retire".

I think the next pawn they make should be a pawn up for direct purchase. 

• 5 months later...
  • Advanced Members

Does anyone know if 500,000 subscribers is the correct number to be eligible for cyan pawn? I thought a channel needs 1 million or a lot higher. Is there actually an official number released by xat that states this? Cheers

• Advanced Members
11 hours ago, SJBB said:

Does anyone know if 500,000 subscribers is the correct number to be eligible for cyan pawn? I thought a channel needs 1 million or a lot higher. Is there actually an official number released by xat that states this? Cheers

Start a new topic under "general discussion".

• Volunteers
24 minutes ago, LaFleur said:

Isn't there a wiki entry regarding the cyan pawn, when you receive it, etc.?

I believe so, but it doesn't give specific requirements (swt). Here's the article.

It would be useful to know what qualifies as a "celebrity" (like how many twitter followers/youtube subscribers they need).

But then again, it's probably better to judge on a case-by-case basis. If we set strict requirements, we could be denying/discouraging people just below those requirements who are equally worthy. ^-^

• Advanced Members

Agree, it appears that its not based on the huge amount of twitter / youtube followers. Ashley leggat has only 65k followers, while that mentioned guy has 312k followers, so its probably based on overall popularity and probably also how well they speak english.

Wondering how they got in contact with Ashley or that Rex guy.

• Members

Keeping in mind that Ashley Leggat is an actress and therefore her popularity can't be measured solely looking at her twitter followers.

But I do agree, it's judged on case to case basis and I could speak for everyone, I don't want the cyan pawn to be given to anyone with a decent amount of publicity/stardom. And also I doubt xat got in contact with Ashley or TechRax, moreso they found xat themselves (unless maybe xat has secret celebrity friends!)

On the subject of pawns, xat could definitely do with more, and seeing how they have tons already made for previous powers on release, I don't see why they couldn't make one or two of them permanent (wouldn't make a mess of things, seeing as this will be the counter argument to release a lot of new pawns, restrict to a few that users really like). It's definitely an easy improvement, allowing users to have more choices.

• Advanced Members
52 minutes ago, QuestionHelp said:

On the subject of pawns, xat could definitely do with more, and seeing how they have tons already made for previous powers on release, I don't see why they couldn't make one or two of them permanent (wouldn't make a mess of things, seeing as this will be the counter argument to release a lot of new pawns, restrict to a few that users really like). It's definitely an easy improvement, allowing users to have more choices.

I've suggested (yellow) a while back, which would give you the yellow colored pawn and yellow colored smilies. 

Obviously people want to have a new pawn and the yellow pawn seems to be a demanded one, so it would fit pretty good.

Since that DJ concept would pretty much not work out, it might just be the better way to get the yellow pawn in a regular way and make use of it. (Yellow seems popular with DJs, i noticed) 

• Advanced Members

Yellow would make a nice addition the pawn power list. I am glad the cyan pawn is not given out to just any random person with a lot of followers or subscribers. If this was the case then it would make the pawn less special in my eyes. Judging on each separately is the best way to do it. (Y)