gifs

zuzu

• Volunteers
1 hour ago, Leandro said:

Or it could be something like this:

I think a disadvantage of this is that you aren't able to view the chat as you're searching for a GIF. A button on the smiley line with a small dialog that appears might be more accessible and faster.

I believe people are talking about something more-so like this (excuse my terrible mock-up but you get what I mean):

IvlzNaz.png

• Award 2
  • Like 1

• Bot Service Providers
6 minutes ago, Lemona said:

I think a disadvantage of this is that you aren't able to view the chat as you're searching for a GIF. A button on the smiley line with a small dialog that appears might be more accessible and faster.

I believe people are talking about something more-so like this (excuse my terrible mock-up but you get what I mean):

IvlzNaz.png

I support this one.

Also moving stickers/smilies & kisses to there, will make it more user-friendly than boxes.

• Like 1

• Advanced Members
11 minutes ago, Lemona said:

IvlzNaz.png

I was thinking about it, but I don't think they want to move the smilie bar once again. But yes, I approve of this example.

• Like 1

• Volunteers
4 minutes ago, xLaming said:

I support this one.

Also moving stickers/smilies & kisses to there, will make it more user-friendly than boxes.

right! I hope they do it

We need more space there I think 

More stuff. all of xat stuff should be within the 8ball!

12 minutes ago, Lemona said:

IvlzNaz.png

I also prefer Lemona's demonstration here!

I think if we have an option to do gifs from there, 

or better, you could 'dropdown" from clicking at the 8ball ... 

We can think of many possibilities. keep digging! (But Lemona's idea is by far the prettiest)

• Like 1

• Bot Service Providers
14 minutes ago, Admin said:

No I mean why would it look like in the chat 

(Once its been posted ie how all will see it)

Same than stickers?

Just add an effect on clicked it shows bigger.

GG

Edited by xLaming
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
10 minutes ago, Admin said:

No I mean why would it look like in the chat 

(Once its been posted ie how all will see it)

I think it would be okay if it looks just like it does when we use stickers. 

image.thumb.png.d01e99b11f6a3111768a69f3885bff3a.png

• Like 1

• Advanced Members

To me the sticker "layout" is odd. I think this is better.

kUgwKbI.png

Maybe add an option in account settings to change gif size (small, medium, large) so people can choose to shrink them so they don't take up a large portion of the window.

aVw0JsK.pngseAcjDW.png

Adjustable in user settings

wrg7maz.png

Gifs would be scaled down proportionately to width or height, whichever was smaller, of pre-sets for small, medium, large.

Edited by Steven
  • Award 3
  • Like 5

• Volunteers

I think gifs should work with messages in it (like you can do with stickers already) - @Leandro's model.

But if you were to send a gif with no message, it would display normally as @Elea example does. 

I mean both types of display can coexist (if message is added, it shows like a sticker. If no message, it goes on the normal mode)

Also, I think that the chat owner should decide if gifs should work on the main chat or not. It should be the chat owner authority to regulate on that. (Free option on edit chat, "Enable / Disable gifs on main chat").

Or even better, he should be able to pick what ranks can do gifs ! (Gcontrol - rank settable).

What do you think? I think owners should definitely have control. 

PS you'd still be able to do gifs on PC and PM.

And... @Steven setting idea is nice!

1 hour ago, Steven said:

wrg7maz.png

Gifs would be scaled down proportionately to width or height, whichever was smaller, of pre-sets for small, medium, large.

But I'd like to point a few things, some ideas to discuss: 

• GIF opt out! (users should see gifts by default though) 
  • Control size differently on main chat and PCs;
  • Auto-play (option to automatically pause the gifs; which should be the default setting).

So we'd have the following options in place: 

Giphy (GIFs): [ Enabled / Disabled ]

Gif size: [ Large / Small on main / Small on all ]

Gif autoplay: [ Enabled / Disabled ]

Gif size "small on main" means you can still have all the fun of seeing gifs large on PC.

Gif autoplay allows you to 'play' gifs, so you'd have them paused once they appear on chat. 

AH! AND FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT... 

Let's make settings easy to use. Easy to find. Easy easy easy. Easy purple xat squeeze.

giphy.gif

Double-click on a gif on chat and it will open its setting dialog (which can be disabled, "Quick-open gif settings by double click: [Enabled / Disabled]").

OH... and @DonQuijote just commented in! Brilliant. That's perfect. That's what I meant by "dropdown", so you'd get: "Stuff / GIFs". Perhaps you could get "Kisses / Stickers / Smilies / GIFs"!

29 minutes ago, DonQuijote said:

spacer.png

BUT GIFs should be free! It should use 'giphy' mechanism, not sure if that's a possibility but it sounds good (I think that's used on most pop social networks as it's a safe and regulated GIF universe) 

Being placed on the 8ball doesn't mean people should pay for it. Smilies are free and you can find them there as well.

I know there's too much text but this is how our brainstorming for ideas should be.

I'm happy that we are thinking together here. Thanks Laming, Steve, Leandro, Elea, Lemona, DonQ, Crow, Zeta, Flower, Sloom, Maxo, and Norman. 

@Admin reaction after passing their eyes through my post:

giphy.gif

• Award 2
  • Like 6

• Members

Let's start a new realm! How about we have a new button especially for Gifs! Next to the Visitors and Friends button, one right next to them so we can easy search Gifs and what we search for are displayed,  Gifs should be DEFINITELY free, for subscribers. As Cupim suggested, we should use the giphy mechanism as it is very known and safe

• Wow 1

• Bot Service Providers

Well,

Nice suggestions etc, but just now I thought,

Before making it a free feature, we need to know if their API is free or paid,

When it's done, we can have it free or paid.

I didn't check it if it's paid... but well, I've seen good suggestions here, mainly the drop-down or pop-up instead of boxes.

This would bring a new style to xat, 8ball will still being used, and with a lot of new features "all-in-one".

Adding a new option to gcontrol e.g "Who can send giffs [ ] Guests [ ] Members [ ] Mod..." will also allow us to have this same options for other ocasions.

Per example "Who can send gifts" "Who can send kisses" "Who can send hugs" etc.

This makes xat more user-friendly, and a lot easier to customise.

Also giving main owners more power to handle their chats.

• Haha 1
  • Done! 1

• Volunteers
17 minutes ago, Mattt said:

How about we have a new button especially for Gifs! Next to the Visitors and Friends button

Yes, we could have the ":)" smile face on the old tickle location, that would let you do free stuff (free smilies / gifs), and we could have 8ball stuff in paid. 

But I think it's okay to keep it all in one place, "8ball = xat stuff". But still a nice idea, perhaps that location can be used for some related purpose. 

7 minutes ago, xLaming said:

Before making it a free feature, we need to know if their API is free or paid,

True. Good point. Translator is subscriber only because it has costs xat something I think 

Perhaps if it's "reasonable cheap" as translations, it could work as a subscriber-only feature. But apparently, googling "is gipy api free' tells you something positive, it appears to be work for free.

7 minutes ago, xLaming said:

Adding a new option to gcontrol e.g "Who can send giffs [ ] Guests [ ] Members [ ] Mod..." will also allow us to have this same options for other ocasions.

Per example "Who can send gifts" "Who can send kisses" "Who can send hugs" etc.

Now this may be a debate for another topic, as you're limiting kisses, hugs, etc. 

But I think gifs if free can be more abused than kisses (which are paid)

This is why I thought of the idea of allowing the main owner to decide the minimum rank of the user (rank permission to send gif on main chat).

Kisses have a cost you'd need to spend 500-1000 xats to annoy someone by spamming them with kisses (except if you're ignored before you get to that amount spent) 

Hugs have a cost as well (per message) 

Stickers are already "self regulated", users can decide if they want to see stickers or not.

But gifs can have random sizes, and messages in it ... user-content is more delicate to deal with. Harder to moderate. 

• Advanced Members
5 hours ago, Leandro said:

Or it could be something like this:

image.thumb.png.7cb2d7e697ffc9cdc53a7d2658f17de0.png

yes something like that  we need to mix smilies in the gif list    @Admin

3 hours ago, Lemona said:

IvlzNaz.png

Little icon of gifs and gifs should be not big too so we can see messages in chat and pc or the gifs should  be show under the smile list  @Admin @Cupim@xLaming

• Like 1

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, Leandro said:

I was thinking about it, but I don't think they want to move the smilie bar once again. But yes, I approve of this example.

we can make  little icon of  gif and gif little size or make gifs under the smiles ligne 

2 hours ago, DonQuijote said:

@Admin something like this ? Gif can be free that is your choice...(sman)

spacer.png

should be size little more then that bcz that u made is big will take more place in the chat so  u cant see alot of messages

3 hours ago, Steven said:

To me the sticker "layout" is odd. I think this is better.

kUgwKbI.png

Maybe add an option in account settings to change gif size (small, medium, large) so people can choose to shrink them so they don't take up a large portion of the window.

aVw0JsK.pngseAcjDW.png

Adjustable in user settings

wrg7maz.png

,not the right size u need to edit it like 200/150 

2 hours ago, Elea said:

HshF6qN.gif

I hope this animated version can help. I can post a preview on HTML5 later if needed.

not the right size i think  200/150 will be better  can u show more sizes pls 

4 hours ago, Lemona said:

IvlzNaz.png

not right place for gifs move it more to the left in the end  so u can see pc and the messages in main and will not be annoying  

• Confused 1
  • Like 1

• Advanced Members
3 hours ago, xLaming said:

Same than stickers?

Just add an effect on clicked it shows bigger.

GG

resize gifs with yuor self by clicking is nice idea too

@Cupim i agree with you  mainowner can allow to get gifs or no or we can get only some special gifs in all chats in xat for not get innap probems and bad gifs